BigBen07

2013-14 NHL Season Thread

Only 5 K bail...

http://milehighsports.com/2013/10/31/semyon-varlamov-cleared-to-travel-following-arrest/

Colorado Avalanche goaltender Semyon Varlamov could be back with the team today following his first appearance in court after turning himself over to the Denver Police Department last night. According to department spokesman Steve Warneke, Varlamov was arrested for actions during an incident on Tuesday, October 29th, and was charged with second degree kidnapping and third degree assault.
According to a warrant issued by the police, released today, Varlamov is accused of assaulting his girlfriend by “kicking her in the chest, which knocked her down.”Varlamov arrested for domestic violence charges“While the victim was on the floor, he then reportedly stomped on her chest with his foot. He then grabbed her by the hair and dragged her out of the bedroom by her hair,” the report reads. “While still holding the victim by the hair, Mr. Varlamov pulled the victim’s face to the floor and told her in Russian that if this were Russia, he would have beat her more.”
The report alleges that Varlamov was intoxicated at the time of the incident.
Varlamov was required to spend the night in jail, according to Colorado law in cases of domestic violence, until seeing a judge, which he did this morning.
Following the proceedings, Varlamov’s attorney, Jack Rotole, briefly spoke with the media.
“No, my client has not been charged with a crime,” Rotole said. “He’ll be with the team.”
According to Denver Post breaking news reporter Kieran Nicholson, Varlamov’s bond was set at $5,000 and the court granted the 25-year-old Russian permission to travel, allowing him to resume his duties with the Colorado Avalanche.
Varlamov was originally scheduled to start on Friday night against the Dallas Stars in Dallas, Texas.
Edited by Bay

Russian official says Semyon Varlmov's arrest is a plot to affect Sochi Winter Olympics | Home Ice - SI.com

one of those articles I wish I could say was from the Onion, but no, a member of Russia's nationalistic LDPR party actually thinks Varly's arrest is a plot to prevent Russia from winning Gold, I'm not even sure Varly will be higher than 3d goalie on Russia's roster

Saw that, I disagree though. I think Varly had a great shot a securing the #1 job for Russia.

Saw that, I disagree though. I think Varly had a great shot a securing the #1 job for Russia.

I'll be surprised if Bobrovsky isn't starting, but it's a tough call between Varly and Nabokov for the 2/3 spot

I'll be surprised if Bobrovsky isn't starting, but it's a tough call between Varly and Nabokov for the 2/3 spot

I'm not trying to be a homer but that's kinda ridiculous

Bob I would give you though

Realignment sucks dick. Who's fucking idea was this? Bruins might get screwed by this. The Atlantic division has 6 good teams in it and the Metropolitan has like 1 good team.

Realignment sucks dick. Who's fucking idea was this? Bruins might get screwed by this. The Atlantic division has 6 good teams in it and the Metropolitan has like 1 good team.

The NHL had to do that because of the Thrashers move to Winnipeg. (The group who owned the Thrashers didn't want the team in the first place) I agree though it was completely screwed up. Throwing Columbus in the East was a terrible move.

Exactly! We'd probably be a playoff team if we were in the other division.

• Upvote 2

Exactly! We'd probably be a playoff team if we were in the other division.

:laugh:

Boston stole one tonight. Won't complain too much as they robbed the Ducks.

fair enough, I may be thinking Nabokov of 3ish years ago, I forgot how old he is

Edited by oochymp

fair enough, I may be thinking Nabokov of 3ish years ago, I forgot how old he is

No prob

4-0 Capitals four minutes into the second without Ovi, I'm liking the way this is looking

that was by far the best hockey fight I've watched live

Shit I missed all the stuff in Caps-Flyers. Later I shall view it :devious:

What a game by second line for the Avs.

Stastny wins it in OT! :yep:

I hope Emery gets suspended. What he did to Holtby was pure goonish tactics. That guy is an asshole.

I don't see why Wilson for the Caps got so upset at Simmonds hit, saw nothing wrong there.

Even the 1st hit, eh. Is it needed in a 7-0 game? Probably not.

Edited by Bay

I hope Emery gets suspended. What he did to Holtby was pure goonish tactics. That guy is an asshole.

yeah, pulling a guy up off the ice to hit him again is pretty bad, though I do put some of the blame on the refs, there were about three times they should have broken up the goalies

so, apparently Emery was named the game's third star, what the fuck?

Edited by oochymp

yeah, pulling a guy up off the ice to hit him again is pretty bad, though I do put some of the blame on the refs, there were about three times they should have broken up the goalies

so, apparently Emery was named the game's third star, what the fuck?

Lot of shit wrong with Philly media

Oochymp: I agree with the ref thing as well. Whoever was calling the game should be fired. The incident should have been prevented the second Emery pulled Holtby's helmet off. And preventing the players from defending their goalie was also crap.

Did Holtby get hurt?

Bay: Indeed. They got the old "Broad Street Bullies" mentality in their stories. It's disgusting when they praise the players for doing shit like this.

Edited by BigBen07

Adam Foote's jersey being retired tonight. One of the grittiest defenders in the history of the game and oustanding shut down D man.

• Upvote 1

Adam Foote's jersey being retired tonight. One of the grittiest defenders in the history of the game and oustanding shut down D man.

:rock: Loved seeing him play.

Unusual 10:00 PM start time tonight I see.

:rock: Loved seeing him play.

Unusual 10:00 PM start time tonight I see.

Nice and yeah that is odd for a game in Colorado's time zone. No matter!