Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

Yeah, gotta feel for the kid. Absolutely terrible luck. Smh.

The good thing for him is he's got a guaranteed $91 million dollar contract, so even if he is hurt in a career threatening way or it hampers his ability in the future he's got some bank to fall back on if he's smart with his finances. Hope he recovers though. He got better each year.

On a positive note, Derrick Rose looks all the way back physically. Had some mental boo boos right prior to George's injury but before that was doing his thing.

I never said Kyrie was BETTER than Rose. My point is that Kyrie can also play the 2 well if need be and I think Team USA wants flexibility. Also let's not forget that Kyrie played for Coach K so he might play some favoritism.

I'd rather play Rose at the 2. At least he tries to play defense and is pretty good when he wants to be. Neither of them are good jump shooters. Rose is a way better finisher. I think passing is a push tbh but idk.

Guest Phailadelphia

The guy that won the 2013 3-pt shootout contest isn't a good shooter?

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 1

So, if Derrick Rose gets hurt again we can just cancel the regular season for the eastern conference and have the Cavs show up to the finals right?

So, if Derrick Rose gets hurt again we can just cancel the regular season for the eastern conference and have the Cavs show up to the finals right?

Don't count the Raptors out. They're the 2 seed, now, potentially the one seed if the Cavs have some growing pains (which they will).

Kyrie Irving isn't a good jump shooter?

this-fucking-guy.jpg

Edited by JetsFan4Life
  • Upvote 1

Didn't he shoot under 40% from the field for like half the season?

Edited by seanbrock

Didn't he shoot under 40% from the field for like half the season?

So are we counting all shots or are you specifically counting jump shooting? Because Kyrie has one of the best spot up threes in the NBA. Hell, I would say he may have the best other than Curry among point guards.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Don't count the Raptors out. They're the 2 seed, now, potentially the one seed if the Cavs have some growing pains (which they will).

You can put me down for this in June if you want.

I'm counting the Raptors out. Only chance they have is if LeBron gets hurt.

In unrelated news, this picture was kinda great:

BuAicFoCEAAYDRH.jpg

• Upvote 1

How close the stanchion was--that was definitely a problem in the George injury, but nobody's talking about playing with some perspective. He does NOT deserve to get injured for playing hard, let alone injured to such an extreme degree, but I really wonder if he needed to try to make that play during a scrimmage.

It just goes to show--in other professions that can be dangerous, you have to be careful in situational standards. Professional sports are no different. In football practice, you don't hit low--that kind of thing. In a scrimmage, don't go after a chase down block.

It's awful that Paul George has to learn such a tough lesson, but I think all NBA players can take a little bit of perspective from this. Don't put your body in harm's way when you're not in actual competition.

Anybody know what I'm saying, or do I just sound like an asshole?

Edited by BwareDWare94

Getting back on 'D' did PG in. Looks good, he'll be back. :defense:

:yep:photo-9061.png?t=18299261?t=60612131

Edited by FL Colt Fan
  • Upvote 1

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/08/05/spurs-female-assistant-becky-hammon/13623937/

There's a reason the San Antonio Spurs are one of best organizations in the NBA.

Tuesday, the team named Becky Hammon an assistant coach, making her the first female paid by an NBA team to be an assistant.

"I very much look forward to the addition of Becky Hammon to our staff," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said in a statement. "Having observed her working with our team this past season, I'm confident her basketball IQ, work ethic and interpersonal skills will be a great benefit to the Spurs."

Hammon, 37, who plays for the WNBA's San Antonio Stars, will retire after her 16th season. She is a six-time All-Star and two-time first-team All-WNBA, is seventh in points, fourth in assists and sixth in games in WNBA history.

"I know Coach Pop has made it very clear to me that I'm being hired because of my basketball IQ and because I'm qualified," Hammon said. "He said, 'It just so happens you are a woman, but I'm hiring you because of your IQ and your personal relationship skills.' I'm just grateful that they see something in me that fits in with them and their organization."

It has been a productive and progressive offseason for the NBA champs. Popovich signed an extension, big man Tim Duncan decided to come back for another season, guard Tony Parker agreed to an extension and Popovich hired well-regarded international coach Ettore Messina as an assistant.

Popovich found out Hammon wanted to coach and invited her to practices during the 2013-14 season and she spent time working with the Spurs coaching staff and players.

Popovich told Inside Stuff that he expected Hammon to become a coach after her playing days.

"She's been perfect," Popovich said then. "She knows when to talk, and she knows when to shut up. That's as simple as you can put it, and a lot of people don't figure that out. … She knows how to do it, and our players really respond to her. She's just a natural."

Popovich compared her to Avery Johnson, Steve Kerr and Mike Budenholzer – of whom played for or worked for Popovich.

Lisa Boyer was an assistant with the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2001-02, but didn't travel to away games and wasn't paid by the Cavaliers. She was paid by the Cleveland Rockers of the WNBA.

:yao:

• Upvote 1

She will be relentlessly sexually harassed lol. That's what I would do. Maybe Pop can get them to respect her idk. :shrug:

• Downvote 3

Thankfully the average NBA player is more mature than you.

• Upvote 1

Via Yahoo; Cavs agree to acquire Kevin Love for Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett, and a future pick.

My apologies for not posting a legit quote; in a driving class right now.

seanbrock : (07 August 2014 - 09:47 AM)and do you really think most NBA players would respect a female coach? The Spurs are probably one of the only teams with the leadership of Pop that would accept her lol seanbrock : (07 August 2014 - 09:48 AM)I think NBA players are aware of how much of a joke professional women's basketball is

#realitycheck :yao:

Now can we cancel the eastern conference regular season?

I think T-Wolves made a great ass trade. Wiggins is potential through the roof and Bennett has looked much better this year. If it pans out the T-Wolves are looking at Rubio-Martin-Wiggins-Bennett-Pekovic. That could be a 45 win team in a year.

I can say without watching them play that the Cavs are the best team in the East. Even with a defense that could be potentially, terrible, they have the best player in the NBA, and there were times in the postseason where he looked like he was still in his own lane.

But I wouldn't put them ahead of the Spurs, OKC, or maybe even the Clippers until we see how the pieces come together.

You know a lot more about Basketball than I do Dmac, but you think they're better than Chicago?

That offense is still so limited until someone else steps up that's not Rose, Idk how far they can really go. If Rose gets shut down, or doesn't go the full season, who do they go to? They have guys like Mirrotic, Doug, and Brook who have potential. But I'm just not convinced yet... Personally.