Bucman

Official 2014 NBA OffSeason

The Pistons keep winning. :smug:

I have a question about the Pistons attendance if you don't mind. Is it really that bad as ESPN says it is or is that way off.

http://espn.go.com/nba/attendance/_/sort/homePct

It might be worse. Of the games I've seen its been pretty bad. It'll probably change if we stay on playoff pace with this weak Eastern conference, but right now it's pretty bad.

Oh well i hate to see teams struggle filling an arena.

Rudy Gay trade:

Raps Get:

G. Vasquez

Patrick Patterson

John Salmons

Chuck Hayes

SacTown Get:

Rudy Gay

Aaron Gray

Quincy Acy

Trade rape in favor of the Raptors if you ask me!!! Rev up your tank engines!

I have no idea what the kings were thinking. Do they believe that Gay is good enough to turn them into a contender?

I have no idea what the kings were thinking. Do they believe that Gay is good enough to turn them into a contender?

I'm almost worried its addition by subtraction for the Raptors.

Guest Phailadelphia

The Kings will be fine if Rudy Gay opts out and they don't sign him to an extension. They traded away garbage players and got a guy they're hopefully not stupid enough to extend. Good trade for both teams IMO.

The Kings will be fine if Rudy Gay opts out and they don't sign him to an extension. They traded away garbage players and got a guy they're hopefully not stupid enough to extend. Good trade for both teams IMO.

I can't imagine that he will. And Vasquez is actually pretty good.

Guest Phailadelphia

Even if he doesn't, keeping him around for one more year isn't going to hurt their long term goals (I think).

Didn't see Vasquez was included, but he hasn't been great this year. Don't know if that's a product of the system in Sacramento or him regressing to the mean though.

Anyway, I guess my point is I don't believe the Kings traded for Gay because they wanted his skillset. Meanwhile, between Bargnani and Gay the Raptors have cleaned $20 mil off the books next season and have a pretty good team that really just needs a super star to complete.

Edited by Phailadelphia

The return of Kobe is looking like a mixed bag.

I'm thinking two of DeRozan, Lowry, and Amir Johnson end up getting traded as well. I think Masai Ujiri really covets Wiggins. The Raptors are playing a much better brand of basketball w/o Rudy. If Rudy continues with his ways (he was the exact opposite of a ball hog in college), I think he will be a pretty bad fit in Sacramento. I don't see Rudy opting out of contract, he won't get paid that much ever again.

I'm thinking two of DeRozan, Lowry, and Amir Johnson end up getting traded as well. I think Masai Ujiri really covets Wiggins. The Raptors are playing a much better brand of basketball w/o Rudy. If Rudy continues with his ways (he was the exact opposite of a ball hog in college), I think he will be a pretty bad fit in Sacramento. I don't see Rudy opting out of contract, he won't get paid that much ever again.

I'd trade Johnson now that you have Patterson. Not a fan of Amir's skillset. He's a nice hustle player, but he should be a bench piece.

Dwight and TJones combine for a 30-30 game. Nice. Something like 36-33, I think.

Guest Phailadelphia

That stat doesn't do justice to Dwight's game. 20 points and 22 rebounds. Got damn.

Guest Phailadelphia

How is KD not #1 on every MVP ladder right now? Seriously, he's playing other-worldly and OKC is dominating.

That stat doesn't do justice to Dwight's game. 20 points and 22 rebounds. Got damn.

The funny thing is, people think he's been less effective this year because his stats aren't constantly absurd like that ,but I'll honestly tell you that he can be the most dominant player on the court and only record 15 and 7. Jones is stealing a lot of his rebounds, and he's not depended on to score a ton with both Harden and Parsons on the floor with him.

Also, I think Chandler Parsons is becoming a legitimate star.

Guest Phailadelphia

We're a quarter of the way through the season and I feel comfortable stating that I think this Thunder team is better than the one that went to the Finals in 2012. They finally have the size, length, and athleticism to dictate the match ups with any team they play and to be a serious nuisance for anyone defensively. And the role players, especially Reggie (who is probably playing himself out of OKC :( ), are playing great.

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 1

We're a quarter of the way through the season and I feel comfortable stating that I think this Thunder team is better than the one that went to the Finals in 2012. They finally have the size, length, and athleticism to dictate the match ups with any team they play and to be a serious nuisance for anyone defensively. And the role players, especially Reggie (who is probably playing himself out of OKC :( ), are playing great.

I think OKC and Houston are going to separate themselves from the other West teams, including San Antonio.