Sign in to follow this  
BC

Nick Foles vs "The Answer"

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is Nick Foles the long-term answer at QB for Philly?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes if he does good in the playoffs, no if he doesn't

So, what's Foles' performance so far say for his future in Philly?

I think he has to be the guy for now, right? They would not even be in playoff contention without him. Sure they have run the ball well this year, but Vick was a turnover machine. Foles takes care of the ball, and that's why the Eagles pull out close games more often than they used to with Vick at QB. He may not be as mobile as Vick but he has enough mobility to extend plays and find receivers open down field. Time will tell how Foles does after defenses get more tape on him and make him adjust, but he at least must be given that chance.

You absolutely have to move forward with him as the answer.

It wouldn't hurt to draft a QB though -- especially if everyone in that org. is ready to move on from Matt. If Nick Foles blows it up and keeps playing like this, you have a nice young guy to develop as a backup should anything go horribly wrong.

If the consistency doesn't carry into next year and beyond, you already have your guy waiting in the wings.

• Upvote 1

If they don't want him they can send him to Cleveland.

Shame on you for wishing the death of the career of a young QB with potential.

Just imagine Nick Foles throwing passes to Our Lord. Just IMAGINE it.

He's definitely the guy for 2014. Is he the guy beyond that? Remains to be seen. Honestly I think one of Chip's biggest mistakes of his first year was not starting Foles right away.

If they don't want him they can send him to Cleveland.

Shame on you for wishing the death of the career of a young QB with potential.

Just imagine Tim Couch, Colt McCoy, Derek Anderson, and Brady Quinn. Just IMAGINE it.

Fixed.

He's definitely the guy for 2014. Is he the guy beyond that? Remains to be seen. Honestly I think one of Chip's biggest mistakes of his first year was not starting Foles right away.

I've been wanting Foles to be our QB since last year but I think the way Chip let it play out was beneficial. Make the guys compete for it. Nothing raises ambition like competition. We never will know how Vick taking the QB job in the beginning of the year affected Foles failing to win the starting job; a very humbling experience. Then with Vick getting hurt and having that next opportunity to try and take the job. That second chance could have pushed him to the level to have the type of success he's having now. The fact that he had to work extra hard the second time around to win the QB job (as a backup) could have elevated his game and approach to the game to another level.

• Upvote 1

dutch's signature was powerful. I remember seeing it and bein like nah and then I went 8-0 after grabbing him in fantasy and was like that sig was real shit

• Upvote 1

When does Matt Barkley come into the conversation?

And I think its funny Chip has 2 quaterbacks that he played against while at Oregon. (Foles-Arizona, Barkley Usc)