Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Should there be an age line drawn with dating?

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should it be considered predatory if a 35 year old man pursues a 17 year old girl?

• Definitively yes. There are no excuses for that kind of behavior out of a 35 year old.
    • I think so, but I'd want to know the circumstances, first.
    • I'm not sure. People can do their own thing.
    • No! Why don't people understand that "love" has no boundaries? (PS: You're an idiot if you choose this one :D)

It's your fault if you decide to pursue them in any fashion.

Also, fuck what the law states. No matter what the age of consent is, it's morally wrong to seek people that are of lesser mental maturity. Allowing a governing body to dictate one's morals is an act of folly.

Which is why I disagree with making it illegal like Bware wants.

• Upvote 2

Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed.

I saw what you did there! Trying to sneak a way to find out who the predators are with this poll you made!

I think I need to vote. Apparently I'm an idiot though.

It's your fault if you decide to pursue them in any fashion.

Also, fuck what the law states. No matter what the age of consent is, it's morally wrong to seek people that are of lesser mental maturity. Allowing a governing body to dictate one's morals is an act of folly.

I would never pursue them in any way, just to be clear.

Pursuing someone because they are 17 or younger is morally wrong when you are in your 30's. But pursuing someone and then finding out they are 17 is a bit more of a gray area with me. As I said; attraction knows no boundaries.

This.

If you're going after them because they are 17, that's no good. If you are legitimately attracted to them and they return it, you're telling me its wrong merely because they are one year too young? Everyone matures mentally at different points in their life.

I know 25-year old girls that still haven't, I know 17-year olds that definitely have.

I think it was pretty obvious that I was referring to situations when the elder party knew the minor's age.

I would marry the fuck it if Jennifer Aniston...I am not sure how much beating that has in the current situation...so yeah....

If you're going after them because they are 17, that's no good. If you are legitimately attracted to them and they return it, you're telling me its wrong merely because they are one year too young? Everyone matures mentally at different points in their life.

I know 25-year old girls that still haven't, I know 17-year olds that definitely have.

Thanatos, I respect your POV but the few exceptions don't negate the rule. It is fucking predatory for a 35 year old individual to be pursuing a teenager, regardless of who initiated the courting, regardless of the circumstances. Your grandparents may be happy, but they were married in a completely different time. In today's highly predatory world, there should be no tolerance of much much older men or women pursuing minors. None, whatsoever.

Can't believe I'm taking Bware's stance over Thanatos's...

Being the age of consent/a legal adult does not make one an adult. It's predatory for someone to seek people that are less mature mentally, no matter the situation. Age differences mean a lot more the younger one is.

I'd say, in most cases, it's predatory for someone to date below their age range until the younger of the pair is ~25 years old. Yes, there are some 17-24 year olds that are wise beyond their years, but for the most part they're naive in regard to adult life. These people should be dating in their age range, and even then it gets dicey at times as the mental acuity varies so much at that age.

I was 20 when I started dating my girlfriend, who was 26. I was more of an adult than 95% of the people my age, so it's worked. A couple years prior and it would not have been the same case.

I would marry the fuck it if Jennifer Aniston...I am not sure how much beating that has in the current situation...so yeah....

lolwut.jpg

• Upvote 1