Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Expressions that Annoy You: Sports, Music, General Every Day, etc.

^Likewise, it kind of annoys me how every time I see Lorde's name pop up on a news feed she is calling other female artists out on not being feminist enough without provocation.

I hate the go-to expression that people usewhen female celebrities go on body flaunting binges (ala Miley Cyrus, currently).

"Oh, she's just standing up for women, worldwide."

What exactly is it about a female celebrity sexualizing themselves that is good for the goals of Feminism? I have no idea. To me, it comes off as animalistic and counter intuitive to Feminism's goals.

The reasoning is that women should be free to do what they want with their body, as opposed to in previous eras where they would suffer real consequences for it.

That being said, Miley couldn't care less about feminism. She just wants to keep her name in the papers.

I understand that, but when feminism wants to claim that men have sexualized women throughout the years with advertisements, film, music, etc (and men have, I won't say otherwise), what exactly is the point of women doing it themselves? Is that free, or is it consciously doing what "men" want women to do, anyway?

Not that covering up and hiding themselves is any better. That's essentially adhering to the supposed "morale fiber" certain people talk about, but why not find a healthy balance?

I hate the go-to expression that people usewhen female celebrities go on body flaunting binges (ala Miley Cyrus, currently).

"Oh, she's just standing up for women, worldwide."

What exactly is it about a female celebrity sexualizing themselves that is good for the goals of Feminism? I have no idea. To me, it comes off as animalistic and counter intuitive to Feminism's goals.

The reasoning is that women should be free to do what they want with their body, as opposed to in previous eras where they would suffer real consequences for it.

That being said, Miley couldn't care less about feminism. She just wants to keep her name in the papers.

I understand that, but when feminism wants to claim that men have sexualized women throughout the years with advertisements, film, music, etc (and men have, I won't say otherwise), what exactly is the point of women doing it themselves? Is that free, or is it consciously doing what "men" want women to do, anyway?

Not that covering up and hiding themselves is any better. That's essentially adhering to the supposed "morale fiber" certain people talk about, but why not find a healthy balance?

I think a lot of the issue is that "feminism" isn't one ideology. There are different ideas under it that don't always agree with each other.

And Lorde annoys the shit out of me. There are very few Miley songs that I like less than Royals.

• Upvote 2

I think a lot of the issue is that "feminism" isn't one ideology. There are different ideas under it that don't always agree with each other.

And Lorde annoys the shit out of me. There are very few Miley songs that I like less than Royals.

Oh, I hear you. It's been awhile since I was in an environment that consistently debated Feminist ideologies, but not having a concrete agenda has certainly hindered feminism, imo. Wave 2, in particular, was so demonstrative that it practically ruined the reputation of Feminism, so people don't take it seriously, even if it's not like that anymore.

My perspective is freedom is freedom, and doesn't need to be advertised. Do whatever you want to do.

I have no idea who Lorde is but people keep talking about her. I've heard some say she has more musical integrity than most other mainstream pop artists, but I haven't cared enough to take a listen.

She has a big hit song called Royals. She's a 16 year old girl and in that phase where you think you're smarter than everyone else, but you're not because you're a dumb 16 year old.

Her music is still infinitely better than any other pop music today.

Also, social media is for faggots. I've seen some vines posted, but never cared enough to find out what it was called. FOR-FUCKING-GIVE ME. lol

Her music is still infinitely better than any other pop music today.

Also, social media is for faggots. I've seen some vines posted, but never cared enough to find out what it was called. FOR-FUCKING-GIVE ME. lol

5Vtr1Bz.gif

• Upvote 2

Sarge and Duck already hit on the ones that irk me the most. I really hate when people start off a sentence with "No offense, but..." That's so damn annoying. Saying 'no offense' before being an asshole doesn't make you not an asshole. The same thing goes for 'with all due respect..." etc. It also pissed me off when people say 'oh, I could care less about..." No. You couldn't care less. What you just said doesn't make any freaking sense.

This isn't a phrase or anything but it's probably one of the things in the world that pisses me off the most. You're turning into an on-ramp to get on another road, and you have to yield, but the person coming the other way just stops in the middle of the road to motion you through. It's like, hey dick, I'm already stopped and I have a yield, go. But they sit there like a moron waving while cars are stacking up behind them. THE SIGNS ARE THERE FOR A REASON, THE ROAD SYSTEM FUNCTIONS PROPERLY!!!!!!!!1

Edited by theMileHighGuy
  • Upvote 1

This isn't a phrase or anything but it's probably one of the things in the world that pisses me off the most. You're turning into an on-ramp to get on another road, and you have to yield, but the person coming the other way just stops in the middle of the road to motion you through. It's like, hey dick, I'm already stopped and I have a yield, go. But they sit there like a moron waving while cars are stacking up behind them. THE SIGNS ARE THERE FOR A REASON, THE ROAD SYSTEM FUNCTIONS PROPERLY!!!!!!!!1

yeah, there's a lot of stupid shit people do in cars that piss me off, the worst in my area is what I refer to as phantom stop signs, people who stop at every intersection whether there's a stop sign, yield sign, or nothing, it's like they're asking to get rear ended

Dmac = confirmed pedo

• Upvote 1

He's younger than her boyfriend, who is 26 I believe.

Are you not...? I guess I kinda assumed you were around my age since ou've talked about graduating college soon.

My b if you are.

Are you not...? I guess I kinda assumed you were around my age since ou've talked about graduating college soon.

My b if you are.

Lol, I was just messing around. I'm 21.

You've inspired a new thread!

Edited by BwareDWare94

"Life is short" - Oh really? Tell me what we have that is longer.

I don't really have a problem with the "Life is short" expression. Sure when it comes to things we do in our own individual lives nothing is longer than life itself. But when you factor in the grand scheme of things life is absolutely short, in a similar way of how small Earth is compared to what's out there in our universe.

I read an article once (can't find it now) about how much we like to think our decisions matter but when it comes down to it was a really astronomically low amount of people's decisions make a difference in the world.

Edited by JetsFan4Life