Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Game of Thrones Season 5

Jeyne Poole and Jeyne Westerling are different characters. Poole was Sansa's friend in the first book, and Westerling was Robb's fuck buddy.

Jeyne Poole and Jeyne Westerling are different characters. Poole was Sansa's friend in the first book, and Westerling was Robb's fuck buddy.

Ah well tis been a while. Overall point stands- knew what was coming, still felt awful watching it.

I kind of want to see just how shitty this goes, but I don't want to waste several hours of my life watching this cesspool get worse.

Tell us how you really feel, Razor. What is it that you aren't a fan of?

I'm aware that this is a separate entity from the Books at this point, and they are rushing to the end game but... the way they are cutting corners and characters reeks of laziness. Everything at this point feels completely pointless, entire character arcs stop making any fucking sense, and nothing matters because the adaptation has stopped feeling like the books, and more like an amateurish rushjob to have X plot happen at Y time even though they haven't cast half the people needed for X plot, so they move people around who shouldn't be where they are because it makes no narrative sense for them to be there.

But being that they are moving further away from the books, maybe X plot is actually Z plot and Y time is W time.

The execution is still incredibly piss poor and lacks narrative sense. I can accept stupid shit happening if it makes sense within the context of the story. If it does not, it's jarring and distracting. Which is why I can accept stupid time travel shit in the Flash, but would find it incredibly wrong in Daredevil.

They've cut some pretty cool plotlines to make room for:

- Grey Worm and Missandei in love?

- More of Loras socializing all over the place

- Their version of Dorne, which has been an unmitigated disaster

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Dorne is amazing. I'd live there.

Dorned if you did, Dorned if you don't?

Am I doing this right? Vin?

• Upvote 1

That one is by far the worst. Do. not. care. Is that in the book or just the show? They don't spend too much time on it thankfully but it's still annoying.

My favorite storyline this year is the Cersei/Margaery power struggle. Also, Tommen: can you be more useless?

That one is by far the worst. Do. not. care. Is that in the book or just the show? They don't spend too much time on it thankfully but it's still annoying.

My favorite storyline this year is the Cersei/Margaery power struggle. Also, Tommen: can you be more useless?

Not in the books at all.

This is absolutely amazing:

Tommen needs to save Margery and use it as a bargaining chip for some real action. If she never left and just kept sleeping in the same bed as the kid, this would have never happened. He'd probably have his mom executed or some shit lol.

Do you guys think LF knew what he was doing when he arranged for Sansa's marriage to the Boltons? Like do you think he knew that Ramsey is a psychopath and he was basically dooming Sansa to a terrible life? He knows everything so its safe to assume that he did IMO, which is a pretty huge testament to LF being just 100% motivated to acquire more power. I do think he actually cares about Sansa, but it still didn't deter him from doing something that would be beneficial to him.

Edited by BradyFan81

If we're staying true to the book, Littlefinger has spies in every corner of Westeros. He'd know that the Boltons are mad, and making this current alliance seems in poor form. However he could never ally with Stannis, Littlefinger is the kind of man Stannis would execute without question. The ideal play for him would have been to sit back in the Eyrie where he currently holds power, wait for the dust to settle in the Stannis/Bolton war, and then rush in with the Vale's untouched army, and reclaim Winterfell, installing Sansa as his puppet in the north. With a convienient political marriage soon after, he'd hold the North, the Vale and the Riverlands, while having the army capable of dealing with Kings Landing once the Lannisters and Tyrells fall out of bed together. A unified Westeros under Littlefinger.

Do you guys think LF knew what he was doing when he arranged for Sansa's marriage to the Boltons? Like do you think he knew that Ramsey is a psychopath and he was basically dooming Sansa to a terrible life? He knows everything so its safe to assume that he did IMO, which is a pretty huge testament to LF being just 100% motivated to acquire more power. I do think he actually cares about Sansa, but it still didn't deter him from doing something that would be beneficial to him.

No. He probably knows they are anutjobs, but not to what extent. Maybe I am naive, but if he knew Ramsey would rape Sansa, I don't think he would have gone through with the arrangement.

Also, lol Cersei. Fuck the show for cutting off right after Tyrion introduced himself to Dany. Dorne is probably the best place ever. And Sam is such a hero.

Those sparrows don't give two shits bout nothing but sinning. She created a monster.

Also, Arya is badass. I miss the Hound so much. The whole Winterfell thing is just disturbing all around. I like how that wildling dude did a complete 180 in a matter of seconds. Jorah is also badass. Bronn got fucked up and it made me sad, fortunately those Dorne tits saved him.

Before it was revealed that her weapons were laced in poison, I figured her vagina was just hypnotic and causing him a brain hemorrhage or something.

• Upvote 2

I thought the same thing. Magic puss. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Before it was revealed that her weapons were laced in poison, I figured her vagina was just hypnotic and causing him a brain hemorrhage or something.

The Sand Snakes, the daughters of the Red Viper, using poison was a surprise? :p

ROFL

Did you guys notice Sansa grabbed something sharp while she was talking to Ramsey? Hopefully she stabs him in the throat next episode.