Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Game of Thrones Season 5

They set up Olenna/Margerey Tyrell to kill Joffrey back in season three. Remember when they spoke with Sansa about what kind of person Joffrey was? It became blatantly obvious to me that they were plotting something.

My question is why. Did they have plans on taking over the throne? Were they simply avenging the Stark family?

But those questions merely lead to more questions; Does the fact that Bran and Rinkon are still alive negate their plan to usurp the throne?

Why would they feel the need to avenge the Stark family, unless it merely to avenge Ned? Afterall, the conversation with Sansa occurred before the Red Wedding.

One other thought: I suspect the poison was actually in the pie (in deviation from the books) and was intended to kill the Lannister line. They made it too obvious that it was in the cup, especially in the scene with Tyrion (though that could also have been to frame him). Remember that it was Margerey who essentially forced Joffrey to take a bite of the pie, while nobody else tasted it before he started choking (at least none that I saw).

I think it was just a grab for power, and seeing as how Joffrey is at best an unstable whelp, he'd only get in the way. There is the other Lannister kid, Tommen to take the throne. Seeing as he's a much nicer (and being younger and not batshit insane) and much easier to manipulate. Avenging the Stark line was just a coincidence of those actions.

Yeah, it had nothing and less to do with avenging the Starks. Tyrells don't give a shit about that. It was all about power and stability. Get rid of the sociopath and replace him with a little kid that plays with kittens and wants to outlaw beets instead.

Yeah, it had nothing and less to do with avenging the Starks. Tyrells don't give a shit about that. It was all about power and stability. Get rid of the sociopath and replace him with a little kid that plays with kittens and wants to outlaw beets instead.

fair enough. But how would having Margerey marry Joffrey help them, if they were going to kill him? Did I miss something?

fair enough. But how would having Margerey marry Joffrey help them, if they were going to kill him? Did I miss something?

She now has a claim to the throne.

Edited by BJORN

She now has a claim to the throne.

It wouldn't go to one of the other "Baratheon" children?

She has NO claim to the throne... haha. My guess is Olenna and Tywin's agreement will carry on with Tommen. She will marry him, be queen and Olenna will probably do her bidding through her. :p

Favre is correct, that is the plan.

She has NO claim to the throne... haha. My guess is Olenna and Tywin's agreement will carry on with Tommen. She will marry him, be queen and Olenna will probably do her bidding through her. :p

Who is Tommen?

Tommen is Joffrey's little brother. He's the weird looking kid who was sitting next to Tyrion during the 'purple wedding' (is that what we're calling it now? :3)

Tommen is Joffrey's little brother. He's the weird looking kid who was sitting next to Tyrion during the 'purple wedding' (is that what we're calling it now? :3)

The kid laughing at the midget fight? Lol I thought he was a cousin.

The kid laughing at the midget fight? Lol I thought he was a cousin.

Nah, Cersei and Jaime's youngest kid and now King of the Andals and Protector of the Realm. Fun stuff.

Let's just take a moment to realize how bad of a Kingsguard Jaime is. He's now served under four kings. He killed the first, fucked the wife of the second, and fathered the third and fourth.

• Upvote 2

I loved the Margery / Renley / Loras triangle. And it got no time to flourish... :laugh:

-- Edited for Blatantly Blasphemous Material --

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Downvote 2

I loved the Margery / Renley / Loras triangle. And it got no time to flourish... :laugh:

Yeah, those few scenes they had together were very interesting. When Margaery said to Remly "you can pretend I'm Loras, or we can go get Loras if you want, and have him get you started, or however you want to do this" that was one of the funniest lines of the entire show IMO. She absolutely does not care about anything except being the Queen

And then her conversation with Littlefinger later.. very determined to get what she wants

Edited by BradyFan81

got-lulz-joffrey-quote.jpg

• Upvote 2

I don't remember #SeptSex being so....rapey.

Also, RIP Dontos. You were the greatest fool ever.

They changed it quite a bit since Jaime got to kings landing before Joff died in the series, but after in the books.