Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Game of Thrones Season 5

I like Oberyn but I kinda want him to die because The Hound should be the only man that gets to kill The Mountain.

• Upvote 2

My name is Hot Pie and this is my world.

You're all just living in it.

Not sure if I have mentioned this before but.... Oberyn is the best character ever.

If you've come for justice, you've come to the wrong place.

I disagree. I've come to the perfect place.... I will be your champion.

Yesss. Massive man-crush on Oberyn right now. Can't wait to see him fight The Mountain.

I like Oberyn but I kinda want him to die because The Hound should be the only man that gets to kill The Mountain.

I understand what you are saying and from just a pure fan perspective, it makes sense... But Oberyn has just as much reason as anybody to topple the Mountain.

Yeah he has his reasons, and they are very valid ones, but I just want the Hound to be the one to do it soooooooo much.

I think if Oberyn killed him I'd feel a little cheated. Just because I think Hound/Mountain dynamic is awesome even though they've only been in maybe one scene together. :laugh: It seems unlikely he (Oberyn) will lose and Tyrion will be executed but it also seemed unlikely that Robb Stark, his mother, his wife and his unborn child would all be murdered at a wedding. So...we shall see.

Edited by Barracuda

GoT would instantly gain so much credibility if Oberyn loses, lol just the thought.....

GoT would instantly gain so much credibility if Oberyn loses, lol just the thought.....

What do you mean, gain so much credibility?

What do you mean, gain so much credibility?

As in killing off the strong characters everyone likes....most shows don't. Not that GoT lacks it after killing off popular characters in past seasons.

Ya.. Oberyn losing right now wouldn't give his character justice and just wouldn't make much sense. I mean, anything is possible I suppose... But that would be shocking.

I have already told my brother that Oberyn seems like a "one plot/story" kind of character. He has his purpose, his goal (exacting revenge for his sister and her children) and I would be shocked if he sticks around much longer than that. If he does, and becomes a long term character, I will be THRILLED...

But he seems destined to die either right after completing this task of his (killing the people involved) or in the process... Probably the latter. I am already trying to speculate who will be the one to take him out, and my best guess is Cersei gets him somehow... Which would really piss me off beyond belief.

Edited by Favre4Ever

TODAY'S THE DAY, FRIENDS!

IN THIS CORNER, STANDING 6'9'' AND WEIGHING IN AT 415 POUNDS: THE BIG MEAN KILLING MACHINE. THE BEST OF THE WEST. KILLER OF BABIES AND RAPER OF PRINCESSES. HE'S BRINGING THE PAIN: HE'S SER GREEEEGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRR CLEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE!

IN THIS CORNER, STANDING 5'11'' AND WEIGHING IN AT 180 POUNDS OR THEREABOUTS: THE LEAN, MEAN SEX MACHINE. THE MORE AWESOME INIGO MONTOYA, AND HE'S HERE TO SHOW SER GREGOR HIS VERSION OF SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY. HE'LL SEND YOU TO HELL: HE'S PRINCE OBERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYN MARRTEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

• Upvote 1

Been looking forward to this fight since this season began.

LETS GET 'ER STARTED.

Edited by Thanatos19

Yep, they predictably nailed it.

THE WINNER, AND STILL THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD: GREEEEEEEGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR CLEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE

They missed a couple key parts to the fight, IMO.

Well done, but as not as well done as it could have been.

"My name is Oberyn Martell. You killed my sister. Prepare to die"

"lol no thx"

Guest Phailadelphia

All I could think during that uh, "squeeze" scene, is that the dude could probably actually do that to someone in real life. Like, explode their head.

I'm surprised people actually thought the result was going to be different from what it ended up being, given the shows history.

Guest Phailadelphia

I refused to believe the Mountain would win because I dont want Tyrion to die. I guess that's still possible somehow, but I'm really not ok with him dying. if he dies and then Daenerys gets killed them I'm about to be up out this show. Those two make it watchable.

Oh yeah, Daenerys did her one interesting thing per season tonight, too.

Guest Phailadelphia

Although Arya clowning the Hound after they learned her aunt is dead was hilarious.

A question for the book people regarding the episode:

Gregor still got poisoned, right?