Turry

Harbaugh was nearly traded to Cleveland.

Per Rotoworld.com:

A source with inside knowledge of the 49ers told the San Francisco Chronicle that coach Jim Harbaugh's "act has worn thin" inside the team's locker room, particularly among "face of the 49ers" type players.
The 49ers have been able to overcome the friction due to winning, but the Chronicle's Ann Killion suggests "a few losses could expose a widening rift." This is the first report of players having problems with Harbaugh. To this point, it's only been reported that Harbaugh doesn't get along with GM Trent Baalke. It's becoming very clear 2014 will be Harbs' final year with the 49ers. Mar 2 - 3:35 PM
Edited by BLUE

According to the San Jose Mercury News, coach Jim Harbaugh is viewed as a "combustible" personality at 49ers headquarters, which led to trade talks with the Browns that ultimately fell apart.

did it really take an insider to come up with that analysis?

• Upvote 1

Even though I hate Jim Harbaugh... I am actually surprised the discontent has spread to the locker room. Not because it's unthinkable, but because I thought with winning and making a bunch of NFCCG and a Super Bowl, the team would just brush it off and deal with it.

They have to this point, but it really seems like it's boiling over, even with all the success.

But when I said Harbaugh is a crybaby during the playoffs, it was just because I'm jealous, right 49er fans?

:yao::troll:

Yeah I still don't buy that he's losing the locker room. Fabricated drama.

This could be a serious problem for San Francisco.

Not the whole losing the locker room thing. I think that may be overblown. I'm talking about a lame duck coach. Harbaugh is a demanding coach. It's hard to get that kind of maximum effort from players when it's a foregone conclusion that the program is dissolving in a year.

Seattle had that problem too in Holmgren's last season. The team said all the right things, but it was very clear the edge was lost and the team fell to a dismal 4-12 season. Even with the successor coach on the staff -- which one would assume would promote stability and a sense of impressing the new boss.

Lame duck coaches just don't fare well. San Francisco would be better served to eat the last year of the deal, move on and get a new coach in time to implement a new system and if possible start drafting players they need to make their system work.

This has disaster written all over it for the niners.

But when I said Harbaugh is a crybaby during the playoffs, it was just because I'm jealous, right 49er fans?

:yao::troll:

:yep: