Sign in to follow this  
Vin

F4E sad

Per Rotoworld.com:

Coach Mike McCarthy confirmed B.J. Raji will move back to nose tackle in 2014.
McCarthy said the Packers need to "cut [Raji] loose" and "get him over the center again." Raji has mostly played defensive end in Green Bay's 3-4 defense the past two seasons while Ryan Pickett manned the nose. Pickett won't be back. Raji will line up over center and should be flanked by Datone Jones and Mike Neal. Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews will rush the passer from the edges. Mar 25 - 3:23 PM

^^ What the hell? Mike Daniels? Who the fuck is this Datone Jones motherfucker put in Daniels... our best DL... he's good as all 3 of those guys combined last season lol!

TJ ward got 4 years, $22.5 for perspective, something like 7, 7, 4, 4 breakdown, he'll probably be re-signed or released after the second year. Byrd got 6 years @54 but his contract is weird, like 1.something million the first year, then 2 million (signing bonus and guaranteed money in these years), then 8+ for the remainder. Needless to say I don't think you can say the Pack is spending their money efficiently or in the wisest way.

I wouldn't have touched Peppers for that money, especially when he's probably going to just be a one-down player.

TJ ward got 4 years, $22.5 for perspective, something like 7, 7, 4, 4 breakdown, he'll probably be re-signed or released after the second year. Byrd got 6 years @54 but his contract is weird, like 1.something million the first year, then 2 million (signing bonus and guaranteed money in these years), then 8+ for the remainder. Needless to say I don't think you can say the Pack is spending their money efficiently or in the wisest way.

I wouldn't have touched Peppers for that money, especially when he's probably going to just be a one-down player.

#1: Yes, I think that's what bothers some Packer fans. To football fans, the contracts dished out to Ward and Byrd were, in terms of big name free agents, about as team friendly as they can get, when you take into account the upside and potential of the two players. So why weren't we willing to take a gamble on those guys? What did we have to lose? We're already bottom of the league in safety play..

#2: Yes, it's already been said by McCarthy I believe, that Peppers is going to come in on certain packages. He'll likely rotate with Nick Perry (who will hopefully be able to stay healthy now that he isn't an every down guy) opposite Matthews. Perhaps this is Matthews insurance too, though, as he has never seen a 16 game season...

I think this is a better fit than you guys. He provides versatility and he still gets pressure. Maybe GB overpaid for his talents but in my eyes your guys front 7 just became a whole lot less one dimensional, and taller. :)

Lmao.. Peppers is not going to be a one down player. You don't pay a one down player 30 million dollars. Whether he is good on those other downs or not is another thing... but he will be on the field. haha

• Upvote 1

So after the Allen to the Vikings deal I am actually alright with what we paid Peppers. Allen has a huge down year last year and the Bears still paid more than what we paid Peppers. The consensus over here from Bears fans is that they would of preferred to keep Peppers over Allen.

I think either way the move for Peppers was a good one, yes we over paid but the pressure will be taken off Clay and others in the defence, if he stays as a DE and paired up with Clay there is no way either could be double teamed meaning one would get through or if he's the other side of Clay then again it's the pressure of if both Blitz who do you block.

I still personally like this deal and have loved Peppers since his Panthers days, just hope he can still perform

So after the Allen to the Vikings deal I am actually alright with what we paid Peppers. Allen has a huge down year last year and the Bears still paid more than what we paid Peppers. The consensus over here from Bears fans is that they would of preferred to keep Peppers over Allen.

I think either way the move for Peppers was a good one, yes we over paid but the pressure will be taken off Clay and others in the defence, if he stays as a DE and paired up with Clay there is no way either could be double teamed meaning one would get through or if he's the other side of Clay then again it's the pressure of if both Blitz who do you block.

I still personally like this deal and have loved Peppers since his Panthers days, just hope he can still perform

See, that's where it gets iffy to me... I don't mind overpaying young, up and coming players as lot so long as I can tell that they're gonna be a quality starter. But for an aging veteran? Woodson was like, 31 or so when we originally signed him. Peppers is 34 and could hit his age-slump even this first season with us.

If he does do well then yes I agree and he will take some pressure off Clay, and add more to our pass rush which we desperately need. My only concern is the risk because of his age. He didn't do bad at all last year with Chicago, so hopefully we get something like that.