Dutch

Top 10 WRs

I really disagree with Demaryius being so low on your list, dutch. I think he is right up there in the top 3 in terms of explosiveness, breaking tackles, breakaway speed, he's really shifty for his size and hard to get a clean tackle on him. Definitely a very good route runner, gets inside position really well especially on those slant routes in the end zone. I'd probably put him 3rd on my list behind Megatron and Josh Gordon.

D.T is definitely explosive and a top play maker in this league but I like the guys ahead of him better. D.T is great after the catch and highly athletic, but the guys ahead of him make much better plays on the ball in my opinion; while in the air. They have a better catch radius and I think D.T's catch radius for someone who is as tall and athletic as he is isn't on par with the rest of the guys I have ahead of him. Most of D.T's passes are very accurate (Manning) but the ones that aren't and he doesn't catch, I believe the guys ahead of him could make that catch. He doesn't get those tough balls like I see those other receivers get.

In terms of productivity though, you can't ignore that and again, the most dangerous WR in the league with the ball in his hands. That's where he shines the most. But I prefer the guys I have over him skill sets better.

Edited by Dutch

I don't see how someone can leave Alshon Jeffery off any top 10 list. Rewatching some Bears games from last year and not only is he exceptionally athletic in comparison to Marshall, but he is so tall and big he's becoming a master of the screen game and also catches a lot of Dez-Bryant-esque back shoulder passes he can make just with using his body to get open. What this guy is doing with mediocre quarterbacks has me choosing him over Marshall and Andre at this point. Taking an old Fitzgerald over him is just insulting though.

I think a lot of people just like to see it happen again. A lot of times we get the whole feeling of catching lightning in a bottle. Jeffery is a monster, I don't believe that to be the case with him.

Also, I think next year when we go through these again, we're going to see Fitzgerald left out of the party. Two years now without 1000 yard receiving, albeit he has had a mess at QB. I feel like he's starting his slow decline and giving way to Floyd though.

Merely one man's opinion but i still like it

Jordy Nelson is my favorite NFL litmus test. Those who actually watch the games realize the Green Bay Packers vet is one of the league's elite wide receivers, consistently making spectacular plays with a huge catch radius. He's taken the baton from Hall of Famer Cris Carter as the NFL's premier boundary receiver, specializing in sideline and end-zone acrobatics.

Outside of Calvin Johnson, no wide receiver has better game tape than Nelson.

Nelson is a borderline top 5 receiver to me. He's in that same group as Dez, Julio, Gordon, etc. With them its more about preferences then anything imo.

As long as we're talking catch radius, I would add that Nelson is one of the better players in the league in that regard.

Lots of changes on my list this go around.

1. :Lions: Calvin Johnson - A healthy Calvin Johnson is still the best WR in the league.

2. :Steelers: Antonio Brown - Antonio Brown has proved that he is a top elite WR in this league without a question. He has been absolutely unbelievable and unstoppable at the same time. He has without question played the best at WR this season and owning premiere corners while doing it.

3. :Falcons: Julio Jones - Julio is an absolute freak of nature. He's one of the most explosive receivers in the league and is a threat to score on every single down. Julio took his game to a whole new level this season.

4. :Cowboys: Dez Bryant - Bryant is just a monstar. Strong, physical, and just dominant. He's a TD machine.

5. :Bengals: A.J Green - A healthy A.J is still in my top 5. The only reason why I bumped Antonio Brown over Green is because I've seen Brown toast corners that Green may struggle with. Brown has been too dominant not to have anyone ahead of him except Megatron.
6. :Packers: Jordy Nelson - Jordy has played out of this world this season and has earned my respect. His subtle route running is masterful. He's everything that you want in a receiver.

7. :Broncos: Demairyus Thomas

8. :Bears: Ashlon Jeffery

9. :Eagles: Jeremy Maclin

10 :Redskins: Desean Jackson

Honorable Mentions:

T.Y Hilton, Golden Tate.

Brandon Marshall - Still a threat that needs double teaming and a huge red zone threat, just value the other receivers down the field threat more.

Odell Beckham and Mike Evans coming soon :devious:

Edited by Dutch
  • Upvote 2

1. Antonio Brown

2. Demaryius Thomas

3. A bunch of tricks and hoes.

• Upvote 1

IMO, DT is in with the other tricks and hoes. Nobody is playing on the level of Antonio Brown this year. He's insanely fun to watch right now (has been all season). He really wants to take Josh Gordon down off the pedestal I placed him on.

I won't make an actual list until the season is over probably but compared to my last one...

Trending Up: Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant

Trending Down: Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, AJ Green

Antonio Brown has had at least 5 catches in every game in the last 2 years. Look it up. I have a hard time putting anyone ahead of Calvin Johnson because of an injury filled season but he has some serious competition in Brown and Gordon. All three of these guys could be in the playoffs this year. Something to keep an eye on for sure.

Antonio Brown hasn't registered less than 74 yards in a single game all season. Talking about always being relevant..

Antonio Brown has had at least 5 catches in every game in the last 2 years. Look it up. I have a hard time putting anyone ahead of Calvin Johnson because of an injury filled season but he has some serious competition in Brown and Gordon. All three of these guys could be in the playoffs this year. Something to keep an eye on for sure.

To be fair, this year they've consciously extended his streak a couple times in garbage time. But it's still pretty amazing that he's put himself in position to have the longest 5+ catch streak ever (it already is the longest, though my sentence was ambiguous).

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
Clarity

Antonio Brown might not be the dominant physical towering athlete like the prototypical elite WR's but he makes outstanding plays nonetheless. Being a smaller guy requires more skill at being good at the position in my opinion because they can't rely on the height and physical attributes. This is what makes what he does more incredible to me. Brown may not have the height but he's excels at running routes and is probably the best route runner in the entire league.