Tridentdawgpound

2014 MLB Season Thread

We are now approximately 25% done with the MLB season. Some teams have started slower than expected, but there is still time for them to right the ship. Some teams got out of the gate strong, but will they keep it up?

I wish we could play Atlanta every series...

• Downvote 1

Milwaukee is coming back to earth. I doubt they make the playoffs once its all said and done. Tulowitzki is in beast mode so far this season.

Love what Tanaka has done so far, lived up to the hype and then some. Will be neck and neck for ROY in the AL with Abreu playing great too.

I wish we could play Atlanta every series...

thankfully at least the Braves came back and won that game Sunday.

Dear God the majority of our pitching is shit, bring back Burhler and Jackson

thankfully at least the Braves came back and won that game Sunday.

Mike Matheny isn't the genius he thinks he is.

Cliff Lee getting an MRI on his elbow...

Jack-Nicholson.gif

• Upvote 1

As the last place team in the Yahoo league who owns Cliff Lee, I agree 100% with that .gif.

Man, the Pirates are not good this year. I should have seen this coming. Damn them for getting my hopes up last year. :(

Still have a lot of talent in the farm, so we do still have a future. But this season is over. Now I can just relax and watch without the pressure of wondering if they'll turn it around. It'll be like watching every year except last year. Good thing I'm used to it. Lol. it's not so bad since I really love baseball... and it does help being used to it...

Adam Wainwright with the ONE HITTER! BOOOOOOOOM

Most complete game, from a pitching / hitting / defense perspective by the Cardinals all year. I will take it.

Cards gonna cakewalk their way to another NL Central title. Brewers coming back to earth.

Only 45 games into the season, and the A's nearly have a +100 run differential. :yao:

Feel sorry for the dipshit WC team that the A's will bukkake in the ALDS. :slingblade:

^ Drew Pomeranz has found a home (recent fantasy acquisition of mine) :happy:

Even if they only let him go 5

Red Sox pitching just isn't what it was last year. Something is wrong with Buchholz, he has to have a dead arm or something. Doubront has been really bad, Peavy's been below average, and Lackey's been just okay, really inconsistent. Only consistent starting pitcher is Lester.

Yep Fielder could very well be out the rest of the season.

Also of note today:

Moustakas got sent down and Wandy Rodriguez got DFA. I knew Moustakas had struggled but didn't realize Wandy had regressed as much as he has.

Wandy gave up 10 home runs in 27 innings this year. Good riddance. Time for the youth movement to continue, though it still looks like it's too late to contend for the playoffs this year.

Also, Russell Martin is back from the DL. He should help out our staff and defense.

Edited by Sarge

Sonny Gray vs. Alex Cobb :rock:

Jays offense just continues to smash teams lately. Swept the Red Sox and they're in first, but I'm not holding my breath. Jays pitching has been crap for the most part so far, and continues to make games uncomfortably close.

At least Mark has been consistent! 8-1 with a 2.16 ERA :rock:

Edwin Encarnacion is nuclear right now. I usually save this for Pedro Alvarez in the summer, but...

Edwin

:smug:

• Upvote 1

Great outing from Chris Sale after coming off the DL 10 k's and he has been pitching like a beast, really wish our pitching rotation was consistent. Sale and Rienzo have been great so far this season, I rate Quintana he just's needs to make better selections and Danks as usual is shit during April and May. Apart from that our rotation is shocking.

A solid 8 inning outing by R.A.! Jays also continue the solid hitting! 5 in a row and two up on the Yankees.

I should keep blasting the Jays pitching some more lol