Tridentdawgpound

2014 MLB Season Thread

Singleton will probably strike out a ton but walk a bunch too (if he performs like he did in the minors). He has good power but little speed. He may not hit for high average for the next couple of years but is projected to eventually be a .285 + hitter.

The Astros are beginning to make use of all that deep talent they have in the minors. They could be very tough in a couple of years.

Not only that, but many more prospects I think will be offered contracts as part of their promotions from here on out. The Pirates tried to do it with Polanco, but he didn't accept.

I could see the trend catching on, but a lot of prospects are probably looking at Evan Longoria and wondering, "How much more money could he have made?" It's a risk on both sides, ultimately, and it depends on how agents want to play it.

We were on a tear for abotu 10 games or so.. And now we are getting our shit kicked in again. Oh man, this is gross.

We were on a tear for abotu 10 games or so.. And now we are getting our shit kicked in again. Oh man, this is gross.

Wouldn't mind Jaime pitching a great game tomorrow and getting plenty of run support. :D You would think the bats would explode after these poor performances, it usually happens from what I've seen.

Edited by Bay

If any of his other starts are an indication, he will have a moderately OK game... Maybe give up a couple runs but still leave with the W intact before the bullpen implodes.

If anyone needs fantasy pitching help. I use this. The new ranking of every pitcher is out. Aces, grads, pod, indifferent, dtm.

http://fantasy411.mlblogs.com/2014/06/03/updated-pod-category-chart-63/

What a game tonight. Pitching duel the first 8 innings, and craziness ensues in the 9th lol.

Delabar needs to go. He's far too inconsistent. If it hadn't been for Lawrie the Jays would have lost.

Hats off to Sanchez and Hutchinson for an entertaining game.

CRUD!

The Braves bullpen is supposed to be one of it's strengths but geez they have now lost a couple of games in which they had big leads. Those games may come back to haunt them before it is over with!

Oh and I read that there is a good chance Polanco gets called up on Friday for the Pirates.

Floyd blew the lead, not the Pen. The homer by Buck was the only blemish on them.

Floyd blew the lead, not the Pen. The homer by Buck was the only blemish on them.

I didn't get to watch the game so admittedly I missed the point that it was Floyd that was charged with 5 runs (although 2 were unearned I am guessing from CJ's error?). I do know that the Braves bats were held silent after BJ's homer in the 2nd and that Wood gave up 2 earned runs in the 7th to collect the loss (he did better as a starter but I understand why they moved him to the bullpen for now). Thanks for pointing out my mistake lol.

In any event I think in 8 days the Braves have blown two leads of at least 4 runs (the other I can think of was against the Red Sox). Those types of leads shouldn't slip away but a handful of times all year normally. Hopefully those are two of the very few times it will happen to the Braves this season. I have a big feeling that every win will be important in trying to get into the playoffs this year.

The Pirates are going to need to trade for a starting pitcher at the deadline. I wonder if the Rockies would trade de la Rosa once they fall out of contention? He has a career 4.65 ERA, but he pitches in Coors Field and the Rockies haven't been very good overall the past few years. He would be a good fit as a LHP pitching in PNC Park. He probably wouldn't cost much either. For the right price I am sure they would move him. Hurdle is familiar with him from his time in Colorado as well.

Edited by Sarge

Indians sweep back-to-back series and are back to .500. :megusta:

Mad Bum :party: after having a dogshit WHIP ij the 1.70 range, dude has been his usual self :rock:

Probably my favorite pitcher in the game. Finally happy to have drafted the gawd

4 picks for the Cardinals so far, 4 RHP... I hate the way we are playing so much I might finally dip into our minor leaguers... Oh boy.

Anyone else starting to think that the Blue Jays are real? They destroyed the Tigers again and have won 19 of their last 23.

Yes they are a pretty good team. They need to get a starting pitcher at the deadline and either upgrade their bullpen internally or get a cheap upgrade there, too.

Need Victorino and Napoli back ASAP.

Also, Jackie Bradley Jr, one of our higher prospects who we've pretty much handed the starting CF job to this year, cannot hit at all. I mean I feel bad for him watching him, he can't even make contact now. Not really sure what to do with him. Sending him down to AAA will make him even less confident, and there haven't been any rumors or talk around the team of sending him down, so it sounds like we're just gonna ride it out and hope he starts to suck less at hitting.

Here are his May stats: 174/234/256 which = a .490 OPS

Him and Sizemore both are giant steaming piles of dog shit at the plate.

This is about the time of year I really appreciate a series with Houston.

Jays keep the train going! 6 in a row, and a 38-24 record so far.

-Pitching continues to be sharp. Scattered 7 hits and allowed just 1 ER. Casey gets another save!

-Offense got the hits and drew plenty of walks, but left the bases full THREE times! The worst was the 6th when Jose lined into a triple play.

Awesome! I wonder if he's gotten noticed by anybody so far. I know I'd try to get him on my team.

For a time he was considered a top catcher in baseball overall. Everyone knows who Russell Martin is. I just hope we can resign him for next year and maybe beyond.

I have to be honest I love fangraphs. I am a baseball stat junkie in so many ways and have been since the late 70's. I do wonder however since I didn't see a chart of how that figure was derived how EXACTLY that figure was determined and if it includes just games at catcher or also includes input from other positions (since many of those players have played more than one position in the last 2 years).

Well I know that the Braves are still in first place but the truth is they just aren't hitting the ball very well at all and I don't expect them to make the playoffs at this point. Uggla needs to just be gone (I don't care if they get anything for him or not at this point). B.J. needs to sit on the bench and be VERY SITUATIONAL. The dude isn't hitting against lefties or righties and his OBP is horrendous. I'd at least try to give Jordan Schafer some regular at-bats to see what he can do (his playing time has been ultra sporadic). Chris Johnson hasn't hit a fraction of what he did last season and has forgotten how to walk. La Stella has really hit well but needs to move up in the line-up. Don't get me wrong I like several things about Fredi Gonzalez but he stinks at making a line-up. At least Justin Upton, Freddie Freeman, Evan Gattis (9 game hit streak) and Jason Heyward (11 game hit streak just ended today) have been good.

The emergency corps pitching has been decent...I can't complain too much but tbh they over performed at the start of the season and are paying for it now.

If the Braves finish at .500 I will be surprised.