Sign in to follow this  
Flynnatic10

Saints sign Champ Bailey

It hurts the heart when you see all time become a former shadow of themselves... Champ is a wisp of what he use to be... Steep decline. If he never gets a superbowl, at least he is a sure fire 1st ballot H.O.F.

Ewwwww

lulz. I hope they keep him at CB, even the Bucs dogshit Wrs could own his ass.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Saints released CB Champ Bailey.
The Saints are going with undrafted rookie Brian Dixon instead. Bailey was signed to compete for the No. 2 cornerback job, but now 36, couldn't crack the Saints' loaded defense. The Saints must eat Bailey's $500,000 signing bonus. Bailey was limited to five games by a foot injury for the Broncos last season, and struggled when in the lineup. His résumé will get him another look, but he's near the end. Aug 30 - 3:46 PM

I'm pretty surprised that at his age he hasn't kicked over to safety, much like we've seen from Charles Woodson. Granted, it's a completely different position, but I think a guy like Bailey with as much experience as he has could adjust.

At some point though, it's just time to hang them up. He's 36 years old, so if he were to play, how many years could he continue to keep up with the best of the NFL? Not much longer. He's had one hell of a career.

Free agent CB Champ Bailey plans to continue playing following his Saturday release from the Saints.

"Definitely and he is fully healthy now," were the words of Bailey's agent. "He had a plantar (foot) problem which is resolved. He just missed too much time for the coach's evaluation to be complete." Although Bailey's agent is projecting optimism, it's ominous that Bailey was dealing with a foot issue after his foot limited him to five games for the Broncos in 2013. Now 36, Bailey will have to prove he's 100 percent before another team takes a shot on him.

I would really just like to see him sign that one-day contract and hang it up. I respect him a lot for not wanting to change positions, but I think if he has to do it to stay in the league, he will. If he wants to keep playing and there's a spot for him somewhere more power to him.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Free agent CB Champ Bailey said he is willing to play slot corner or safety.
Bailey now realizes he has to be open to anything to get another shot at age 36. He says he's healthy and ready to go. Bailey just needs a team. We're skeptical it will actually happen. Bailey battled injuries last season and played poorly while on the field. He then had a foot problem over the summer with the Saints. Sep 24 - 4:40 PM