SteVo

2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

I know everyone is treating the Kings like clear favorites, but 21 games is gonna tire them out. I think it'll be a close series.

the Rangers have played 20, that's not much of a difference

Going through San Jose, Anaheim, and Chicago was much more punishing and difficult task then the Rangers with Philly, Pitt, and Montreal.

Rangers in 7. Kings run out of gas.

Going through San Jose, Anaheim, and Chicago was much more punishing and difficult task then the Rangers with Philly, Pitt, and Montreal.

that may be true, but SteVo just pointed out the raw number of games, which is actually very similar to the number the Rangers have played, though the same point could say the Kings are better prepared for a finals series after facing tougher playoff opposition, it's a fine line between "battle tested" and "tired out," I guess it's the opposite of the "rest v. rust" argument

however you want to explain it, I think this is going to be a good series, I think the Kings are probably the better team right now, but the Rangers have the better goalie (again, right now) which is often what determines playoff hockey

That being said I do not expect the Kings to run over the Rangers.

Offense - Kings

Defense - Kings slightly

Goaltender - Rangers by the slimmest of margins.

Special Teams - Kings because the Rangers PP kills it for them.

Coach - I'd go with Sutter. His press conferences :dying:

Depth - Probably Kings by a bit

So apparently Lundqvist needs to steal a game or two :shifty:

Going Kings in 6. I think N.Y. will steal a couple early, then L.A. picks it up and takes it.

I have no clue why people think of the Kings as world beaters lol. I mean they're really good, but not the second coming of Christ. They raped in 2012, but it's been a different story this postseason. They let the Sharks go up on them 3-0 in the first round, they let Anaheim win 3 straight games in the 2nd round, and they blew a huge opportunity at home in game 6 against the Blackhawks and needed some lucky bounces to win game 7 in the WCF. They're good, but not nearly on the same level that they were in 2012. They're definitely beatable.

I would not expect the Kings to go up 3-0 in this series like they did against the Devils in 2012. Devils weren't even that good. Beat an inexperienced Panthers team, a shitty Flyers team with poor goaltending and a gassed Rangers team. It's whatever though, because the Rangers probably would have gotten their asses kicked in like 5 games against the Kings lol.

No homer, but I fancy the Rangers in 6 games. I think the Kings will have a hard time containing the Rangers' speed (especially after playing 21 games), and solving Lundqvist. Hank is a hell of a lot better than the goalies the Kings have seen so far (Niemi, Gibson, Crawford).

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis

Pretty sickening to know that the Rangers have had 2-goal leads in both games and the Kings haven't led for a single second but are up 2-0.

Officiating was pathetic tonight, too, with the refs allowing the Kings' 3rd goal on an obvious goaltender interference. And there should have been a delay of game when a Kings player chipped the puck right over the glass (ref ruled it deflected off the glass, but replays show it went over). Kings scored the game winner on the next shift.

NHL sucks dog dick.

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis

I actually thought that was a good no-call on the third goal, looked like the defender pushed the forward into the goalie

Boy to the Rangers like to jerk around on their powerplays. Almost allowed a SHG to lose the game and hardly could set up.

Gotta side with Phil on this one. Refs were garbage last night and the majority of those slip ups were definitely in favor of LA.

Ah well, if I'm a Rangers fan I'm not calling it over just yet (contrary to Phil's rants last night in the SB). Aside from the Kings having an unforeseen amount of resiliency, the series has been pretty even. Goalies are both playing well, teams are getting chances, both doing stupid shit with the puck at times, etc.

Rangers will get one if not both in the Garden.

Edited by Maverick

Can't say the Rangers are really in trouble unless they drop one at home. Then that would just a fucking mountain to climb, obviously.

Gotta side with Phil on this one. Refs were garbage last night and the majority of those slip ups were definitely in favor of LA.

I didn't watch the whole game (and wasn't really watching that closely when I was) so I won't comment on the entire game, but I will say that I thought the no-call on the third goal was right (as stated above) and the penalty on Williams in OT was garbage

The Rangers had 2 PP chances in OT to win the game.

Whatever other bad calls existed, they should have won that one and its gonna sting a bit. I think the interference call was iffy, but I am still rather new to hockey and the exact rules so I won't come down firmly one side or the other.

But you got two 5v4s in the Cup Finals, you gotta be able to close it out.

Had the same thing in game 1, a great chance on what would have been a shorthanded game-winning goal, (how many times has that happened in OT in the Finals?), that was blocked by Quick and then led to the Kings GW goal.

This series could easily be 2-0 in New York's favor. It's not over unless the Rangers lose one at home.

Edited by Thanatos19

Game 3 :devious: NBCSN tonight around 8:10 puck drop figits

Edited by Bay

Alain Vigneault is a gutless pussy loser and it wears off on his players. Torts' shtick got a little old, but I don't think he would have let this shit happen.

Oh well, moving on. Won't be watching NHL hockey again until October.

Alain Vigneault is a gutless pussy loser and it wears off on his players. Torts' shtick got a little old, but I don't think he would have let this shit happen.

Oh well, moving on. Won't be watching NHL hockey again until October.

Why in the hell would you not watch Wednesday? It better be because you have to work or something and not because you choose not to.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Why in the hell would you not watch Wednesday? It better be because you have to work or something and not because you choose not to.

You know how Phil gets when his team loses. He'll be posting in the shoutbox Wednesday night while he's watching the game.

• Upvote 2

The Rangers have given up, brah. They've accepted defeat. Even Alain was slightly sobbing in the postgame presser. :yao:

Game 4 is just the Rangers' funeral. :coffee: