SteVo

Knights of Andreas: General Info Thread

Next season: The Knights lose the Super Bowl to Carolina.

Season after that: The Knights go 2-14. Harden is fired mid season for alcohol abuse again.

Final scene is Merle Harden overdosing on alcohol reminiscing about the glory days. *fade to black*

ur bad at dis

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

I win the lottery, purchase the team and proceed to run it into the ground because I know nothing about running an NFL Team

This has been an awesome read during work for me the last two days. Great job Stevo.

Honestly so many questions still up in the air despite your Knights winning the ring.

The Chargers vs Knights rivalry is awesome, would love to see that developed more.

• Upvote 1

|

|

|

Still not a whole lot of constructive advice. Now the ending's gonna suck and everyone's gonna hate it. :pls:

Also, I'm shooting for July 1st for the first chapter of Part V, but that's just an early goal.

Edited by SteVo

Still not a whole lot of constructive advice. Now the ending's gonna suck and everyone's gonna hate it. :pls:

Also, I'm shooting for July 1st for the first chapter of Part V, but that's just an early goal.

Super Bowl felt rushed. Didn't feel like there was enough emotional impact in the situation. Take that however you like.

• Upvote 1

Super Bowl felt rushed. Didn't feel like there was enough emotional impact in the situation. Take that however you like.

I don't know about "rushed," given that the playoffs take up four chapters, but I could definitely agree that there could have been more emotional weight on the Super Bowl itself. This is an area where Part 3 is superior, I believe, so my main goal for Parts 5 & 6 is to bring that back so that the ultimate end of the season hits harder.

• Upvote 1

It would be interesting to see a rivalry game from the Chargers, Daniels and Jaxson POV.

Otherwise I feel this has progressed nicely.

I've had a tab open with your PM for a few days, just haven't had time.

Uh oh. That means Zack's got ideas.

:devious:

It would be interesting to see a rivalry game from the Chargers, Daniels and Jaxson POV.

Otherwise I feel this has progressed nicely.

It's almost been a rule of thumb that we only assume the PoV of Knights' characters, even if former Knights stay in the story but go to another team. I'm not sure how I feel about breaking that rule, though we should still get plenty of Daniel and Jaxson since they play L.A. twice a year (at least).

Uh oh. That means Zack's got ideas.

:devious:

It's almost been a rule of thumb that we only assume the PoV of Knights' characters, even if former Knights stay in the story but go to another team. I'm not sure how I feel about breaking that rule, though we should still get plenty of Daniel and Jaxson since they play L.A. twice a year (at least).

That's fair enough. Just wondering on the possibility of this happening.

Bangy pls. We've been cast out. Just too many characters to keep track of and include.

Bangy pls. We've been cast out. Just too many characters to keep track of and include.

Oh don't get me wrong, I fully understand that and it's hard to include every character. Just thought if it was possible it would be an interesting development.

It's been a while, so I figured I'd give you all a (very slight) update.

School has kept me rather busy lately, but I've still been dedicating time to KoA. I'm in the process of re-reading every chapter (just finished Part III), taking notes along the way. I've got about 20 pages of outlines so far as I try to find the best way to end this thing without fucking it up. I've had some productive conversations with a few of you, but the general plan for Parts V and VI is crystallizing, so if anyone has any ideas they'd like to throw out, let me know as soon as you can!

In a perfect world, I finish my reading/outlining this week and start writing Part V next week. More info to come...

Chargers 19-0.

Finally, a good idea. :D

Chargers 19-0.

Finally, a good idea. :D

THE DREAM

An so begins the dream of a Chargers Superbowl at Farmers Field :ooo:

Yea, because it'll never be anything more than a dream. :troll:

We shall see how it feels when Jaxson is scoring that game winning return and the coach you failed to protect is hoisting a Lombardi on your turf

We shall see how it feels when Jaxson is scoring that game winning return and the coach you failed to protect is hoisting a Lombardi on your turf

Bangy pls. Phillips is already a legend. He's the man that brought the Lombardi Trophy back to Los Angeles.

What's on Jaxson's resume again?

Funny that even in his fantasies, Jaxson is still just a return man.

• Upvote 2

Funny that even in his fantasies, Jaxson is still just a return man.

Return man, 1st string running back and player that make Briggs look like shit on a regular basis.

It fine Sarge you may have that but losing in the playoffs with home field advantage and seeing the Chargers win back to back games at Farmers Field will hurt more my friend.

Update! Writing is coming along nicely, and it'll pick up big-time after school lets out next Friday. For now, I wanted to give you guys a teaser of some kind, so here's a very minor tidbit about Part V:

Part V will start just days after the Knights' Super Bowl victory. We'll get two offseason chapters, just as we did in Part II, though with a different structure. Whereas Part II essentially had a free agency chapter (Guarded Waters and Open Windows) and a draft chapter (War Room), Part V will simply have two chapters that, together, encompass the entire offseason because, well...

Things are gonna happen. :yep: