ATL_Predator

2014 NBA Playoffs

Adam Silver just made himself popular. I'm not sure how fair it is but the Clippers are now a team that no one would play for or coach for as long as Sterling is owner. It had to be done

I really really want it to, but I can't foresee a situation with that fine actually having to be paid, or at least paid in full, considering that the remarks were obtained illegally.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I really really want it to, but I can't foresee a situation with that fine actually having to be paid, or at least paid in full, considering that the remarks were obtained illegally.

Doesn't matter. He will pay every dime of the fine. He wipes his ass with $2.5m. He's worth $2 billion and will sell the Clippers for well more than half a billion. You think he gives a shit about a $2.5m fine? LOL.

Not to mention he bought the Clippers for a measly $13 million originally lol

2.5 mill to him is like a 40 dollar fine to an average american salary.

Guest Phailadelphia

Can't even believe Memphis/OKC is on NBATV tonight. Who even has that channel?

• Upvote 1

Can't even believe Memphis/OKC is on NBATV tonight. Who even has that channel?

Here in Tennessee Fox Sports carries the game. Dunno where you live, but I'd imagine Fox Sports Oklahoma does the same.

Guest Phailadelphia

Damn right. I'll ride with Russ til the wheels fall off.

And in other news...no one will be happier than me if Scott Brooks is fired. *bart scott voice* CANT WAIT

I bet that if he refuses to pay the fine, he loses the right to his team meaning that he doesn't get the money for the sale.

Not to go all Bware, but I really think the refs screwed up that last call in OKC. It looked like it was a good shot to me.

It definitely looked good in real time, but I think it was still on his hand when the red came on when looking at the replay. What really pissed me off was Joey Crawford running in and snagging the ball out of KD's hands after he already gets set for the second free throw.

There's no way to say for sure that he'd have hit the second free throw, but this game should probably be going into double OT.

That can't be standard procedure. Stop the game AFTER the free throw, and don't throw a fit and some poor guy just trying to get the scoreboard corrected.

We SAW first hand how shitty of an individual Joe Crawford is, tonight. Screaming at some poor guy in front of 20 some thousand people. What a fucker.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Crawford has screwed numerous teams for years now. This is nothing new. He also likes to unleash hell on fellow staff members during games for some reason. This guy needs to be canned ASAP.

Don't get why Durant was a ghost in the 4th quarter. He barely even touched the ball. Also, 31 points on 30 shots for WB? Nightmare.

Edited by The Admiral

Crawford has screwed numerous teams for years now. This is nothing new. He also likes to unleash hell on fellow staff members during games for some reason. This guy needs to be canned ASAP.

Don't get why Durant was a ghost in the 4th quarter. He barely even touched the ball. Also, 31 points on 30 shots for WB? Nightmare.

Tony Allen is a fantastic defender, but the old questions about Kevin Durant are absolutely surfacing (in my mind, at least) during this series.

And I just don't get Russ. I think I saw twice last night that Kevin hits a shot, and then Russ refused to pass to him on the next possession. There was even one possession where Kevin had position and was just standing there, waiting for the ball, but Russ was like "fuck you, guy" then shot a contested three. He made it, but still.

There is absolutely no way that Russell Westbrook isn't at least a situational problem in OKC.

The way the Thunder played when he was out showed that they would likely survive without him. Presti needs to at least look into the idea of trading Russ and keeping Reggie.

Edited by BwareDWare94

The way the Thunder played when he was out showed that they would likely survive without him. Presti needs to at least look into the idea of trading Russ and keeping Reggie.

That's a good point unless you watched the Thunder play in the playoffs last year.

Westbrook is shooting 0% in all the overtimes combined, with 1 total point. He's also shooting 18% from 3 and taking way too many shots and an extremely poor percentage. Durant is 7/14 in OT's, I believe. Come on.

I agree to some extent Bware. WB is a hell of a player but he is definitely situational problem for them. Don't think they should think about trading him or anything of that nature, but something needs to change with him.

I still think they have a good chance to win the series, but Brooks is having a absolute nightmare. MAny of my OKC fans are upset with how they rely on the 3 ball - specifically late in games.

Edited by The Admiral

That's a good point unless you watched the Thunder play in the playoffs last year.

I did, but Reggie's better than he was last year. Dude got thrown in the fire and still balled his ass off, but he's better now.

With the way OKC has struggled on offense, I firmly believe that Jeremy Lamb could have helped them out.

I don't understand the point in cutting Lamb and PJ3 out of the rotation when both played fairly significant minutes for most of the season. Lamb is an awesome shooter, and a good, developing young player. Choosing guys like fucking Caron Butler and Derek Fisher over him is just mind-boggling.

I get the idea of needing veteran leadership but at this point KD and Russ are vets.

Guest Phailadelphia

Guys, Westbrook wouldn't do some of the stuff he does in a real system. You think he'd get away with it in Pop or Carlisle's systems? Nah. And there wouldn't even be a need to. Structure does that for you.

And Westbrook's good FAR outweighs his bad. It's really not even close. What you get in bad is you get back in good at an exponentially higher level. Let's wait it out and see how Russ fairs in a better offensive system (assuming Brooks is fired this offseason...).

This team has everything it needs but a real offensive system. Even a mediocre one would get the job done. The current system isn't really a system. It's a set of 2-man plays with rare, inconsistent off-ball movement and zero 2nd or 3rd options. The team has been bailed out for 3 straights years by incredible individual talent from Russ, KD, and at one point Harden (2012 playoffs minus the Finals series).

• Upvote 1