BC

Top 50 NFL Player Jersey / Other Apparel Item Sales

Disclaimer: Below is all types of apparel items totals mixed in. Right here is for in terms of just jerseys: http://www.nfl.com/n...ebook_atl_patra
1. Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks

2. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos

3. Colin Kaepernick, San Francisco 49ers

4. Robert Griffin III, Wash. Redskins

5. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers

6. Tom Brady, New England Patriots

7. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks

8. Eli Manning, New York Giants

9. Andrew Luck, Indianapolis Colts

10. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

11. J.J. Watt, Houston Texans

12. Richard Sherman, Seattle Seahawks

13. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings

14. Clay Matthews, Green Bay Packers

15. Jason Witten, Dallas Cowboys

16. Patrick Willis, San Francisco 49ers

17. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers

18. Rob Gronkowski, New England Patriots

19. Arian Foster, Houston Texans

20. Calvin Johnson, Detroit Lions

21. Victor Cruz, New York Giants

22. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys

23. Wes Welker, Denver Broncos

24. Ryan Tannehill, Miami Dolphins

25. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles

26. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers

27. Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers

28. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens

29. DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys

30. Dez Bryant, Dallas Cowboys

31. Brandon Marshall, Chicago Bears

32. Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers

33. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders

34. Austin Miles, Dallas Cowboys

35. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens

36. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears

37. Trent Richardson, Indianapolis Colts

38. Andre Johnson, Houston Texans

39. A.J. Green, Cincinnati Bengals

40. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City Chiefs

41. Jimmy Graham, New Orleans Saints

42. Vernon Davis, San Francisco 49ers

43. Jordy Nelson, Green Bay Packers

44. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons

45. Von Miller, Denver Broncos

46. Eric Decker, Denver Broncos

47. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers

48. Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons

49. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears

50. Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2014/04/28/russell-wilson-is-the-nfls-top-player-for-licensed-sales/

I remember when Tebow made this list year after year. Kaepernick, Arian Foster, Lynch are a little high. Kuechley is a pleasant surprise. Surprised Lynch is on there at all and Earl Thomas isn't. Earl is always healthy, never injured, never been caught doing anything stupid or illegal, always a top player in the league. Was the first jersey I bought since Julian Peterson. One of the model players in the league imo.

Edit: They since released a list which is limited to jerseys only, not "all NFL apparel items."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000344903/article/russell-wilson-tops-peyton-manning-in-jersey-sales?campaign=Facebook_atl_patra

Edited by BC

A.J Green needs more love. Other jerseys I'd cop that aren't Eagles are A.J Green, Luke Kuechly, Adrian Peterson, Julio Jones and Jamaal Charles.

Edited by dutchff7

Nobody likes Megatron. :(

Or it could be a large amount of people in Detroit don't have a sufficient income to spend $100+ for a football jersey. Priorities. To be fair, those Chinese knockoffs look pretty damn good these days, and hella cheap to boot.

• Upvote 1

A.J Green needs more love. Other jerseys I'd cop that aren't Eagles are A.J Green, Luke Kuechly, Adrian Peterson, Julio Jones and Jamaal Charles.

How can you even call yourself a fan of the Eagles if you'd wear another teams jersey?

How can you even call yourself a fan of the Eagles if you'd wear another teams jersey?

This is just theoretically speaking. That's why I said "I would" in the sense of an imagined scenario. I wasn't clear on that though but I personally can't push myself to do it. But, I do know people that wear other jerseys and that doesn't question your fan card. Just shows you a fan of the game and like other players (or people that do it for fashion purposes).

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

no Titans on the list, not that I'm surprised, small market team with no real marquee players, just thought I'd make the observation

The last notable player I could think from the Titans would be Chris Johnson a few years ago and possibly Vince Young at one time.

The last notable player I could think from the Titans would be Chris Johnson a few years ago and possibly Vince Young at one time.

yeah, the only current Titans jersey I have right now is Michael Griffin (which I'm not sure I would buy right now, though I do still like Griff) among other recent players, VY was up there on this chart back in the day (he was rookie of the year) I also have a Chris Johnson jersey (which will be living in my closet for a while) and a Cortland Finnegan jersey, like I said, I'm not surprised at all that no Titans cracked the top 50

Edited by oochymp

Nobody likes Megatron. :(

After I made the thread they actually released a list of the top jersey sellers. The original post is a list of all apparel items, shirts, hats, whatever. As far as all jersey sales go, Calvin is a much more respectable 12th :yep:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000344903/article/russell-wilson-tops-peyton-manning-in-jersey-sales?campaign=Facebook_atl_patra

Why the hell is Witten at #15? Lol

• Upvote 2

About to add to Luke's numbers by 2 this summer they just released his jersey in the LIMITED jerseys going to grab me one for my collection and one to take down to training camp to get signed probably grab another Cam limited to get signed as well. My only problem to figure out which color to get to keep in Lukes and to get signed bouncing back and forth between blue & black.

Smaller market but cool to see two Panthers in the top 50 in sales.

Anyone wants to start a list of players who you think shouldn't be on that list or lower? I'll start off.

Miles Austin :yao:

Anyone wants to start a list of players who you think shouldn't be on that list or lower? I'll start off.

Miles Austin :yao:

Richardson

• Upvote 1

Every quarterback. Yes Wilson included. Always been my biggest pet peeve about football fans, majority of the fans have to wear their teams quarterback even if their team isn't the Pack, Pats, Saints, Colts or Broncos.

Edited by BC

Every quarterback. Yes Wilson included. Always been my biggest pet peeve about football fans, majority of the fans have to wear their teams quarterback even if their team isn't the Pack, Pats, Saints, Colts or Broncos.

to be fair, the QB is usually the best known player on any given team because of focus that the position necessarily puts on them

Manziel will top this list once drafted.

Surprised Darren McFadden can still crack this list. I expect Eddie Lacy will make this list soon. I'm surprised Arian Foster isn't on here and the lack of Larry Fitzgerald is disturbing :disgust:

Richardson

The people who brought his jersey mad lol.