ATL_Predator

The Real Draft Thread

Damn, I hate seeing the 49ers get better.

Also, as far as Marcus Smith is concerned... I see him panning out as a 3-4 LB much more than he would have if he had his hand in the dirt. He played everywhere on and off that line at Louisville -- but his presence and explosiveness just seem more apt to be put to good use standing up. I love the player, and if the reports are true that he was valued fairly highly around the league (which I have nothing to dispute that) then I love the pick, honestly.

It was great for the Eagles to be able to trade down and still get a player like that. I wonder though if they were wanting Clinton-Dix at all after he asked them to select him.

Dix said he recently sent a text message to Philadelphia Eagles' Director of Player PersonnelEd Marynowitz to "come get me, please."

Hopefully the Packers didn't ruin his evening. :laugh:

We're the worst run team in the NFL.

NFLN was just saying that the Bucs have been in contact with teams that are looking to trade up. I would love to move down and recoup a 4th rounder. If we took the best OG available with our 2nd rounder and took a slot WR/pass rusher with our 3rd, in addition to adding an extra pick, I'd consider it a very successful day 2. :yep:

I feel bad for whatever WR the Browns are going to take. Big shoes to fill right and unexpected shoes no less.

I had Smith as my 20th* best player. He's already better then someone like Barr, and is more explosive then Barr. Really don't know why people think they reached.

Also he played a good portion of his snaps as a stand up guy, I'd argue he's a natural LB if anything.

I'm on this thought. He was my #33 player and second highest ranked pass rusher under Mack. He is big and plays physical and has experience all over the dline and playing coverage and lining up on the slot. He ranked very high because he was very effective and has a huge ceiling with some good coaching to either put on weight and be a bully or lose a little and gain some more speed off the edge. Chip will get him in position to succeed.

I'm not convinced Manziel beats out Hoyer. He will be the starter by the end of the season, but to start Hoyer will win the batte. It's a shame because I thought Hoyer was really really REALLY promising while he played and they said the players loved his fire. When asked about Manziel possibly coming in he texted back "bring it on"

The Eagles are having them a real fine draft, IMO. Watch out.

#FlyEaglesFly

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am unsure how to feel about Hageman when FUCKING JOYNER IS STILL ON THE BOARD.

Washington is kind of a joke. What are they doing?

Jernigan is better than Donald day one to me. He was out of position as a nose. He never had the chance to show off his true potential. As a three tech he would have been a stronger run defender than Donald day one, and he isn't a bad pass rusher at all.

Patriots give no fucks. They draft who they want what they want. Higher on Jimmy G then a lot of people, but this one was a jaw dropper. lol.

Jeremy Hill? With M-Mart on board?

The Patriots are thinking ahead. Everyone needs a backup QB of the future.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Jimmy won the second tier QB lottery lol.

Landry will probably take away catches from everyone in Miami.

Broncos are receiver crazy

And Jags loading up targets. Better hope they can grab tre mason now.

10264425_10152408037856425_3665346300531

You got Van Noy as the new Sam linebacker?

Tre Mason to the Jags would be sick.

Houston also just snagged a beast at TE.

Washington finally did something not moronic.

Green Bay needs to be looking strongly at DT (Nose) or maybe even C with all the good TEs off the board.

Morgan Moses is possibly my favorite tackle, despite the size he can pass protect on the left side. Him and Trent Williams will be great for RG3, and if they don't feel like re-signing Williams down the road I think he goes over to left tackle.