Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Rejection and the Friend Zone

The nutjob shooter in California posted an awful Youtube video objectifying women over the many rejections he'd suffered, and due to that, women and men all over the country are vilifying him and any male individual who's ever lamented being rejected or used the term friend zone.

Isn't it going a bit far to apply this to any and every man who's ever used the term "friend zone" or been upset over having been rejected?

This isn't a gender specific thing. I've had women accuse me of putting them in the friend zone. I've heard many women lament constant rejection.

Does it do any good for our country to buy into these things when they vilify only one of the sexes?

Edited by BwareDWare94

I think you worry about it too much. However, I agree with you on some level, I just also don't think it matters that much. No one legitimately expects every dude who's ever been scorned to shoot up a mall or matinee of the Smurfs 3. If they do they're nutty, too. I think you may need to find some well adjusted women to hang out with. You seem to attract dumb asses and crazies.

Edited by GA_Eagle

My primary issue with the whole thing is that people are acting like any man who's had similar feelings to him is just like him. Makes no sense, to me. I don't like rejection--nobody does--but like me, most everybody else isn't going to shoot people over it.

Most people who deal with rejection are performing too much, and it's very transparent. Someone who's acting isn't attractive.

jennifer-lawrence-liam-hemsworth-josh-hu

Begs to differ.

jk jk, I know what you're getting at.

Guest Phailadelphia

Didn't this guy have aspberger's syndrome? The friend zone seems like the last thing we should be discussing about this dude.

Is taking an extremely small group of people's opinions/actions and making it out to be like it's the majority's opinion/action your "thing", Bware?

This.

Shut the fuck up, Bware. srsly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You know, I could try a lot less to create worthwhile discussion. Some of you are just never happy with anything. Perhaps your focus should be on the actual topic and not what you think of a certain poster.

I was rather offended by the notion that lamenting rejection and usage of the term "friend zone" was only a thing with men when it, in fact, isn't. I thought it worth discussing.

For fuck's sake, I don't really understand what issue some of you have.

This.

Shut the fuck up, Bware. srsly.

Oh blow it out your ass

• Upvote 2

Don't make me play dad in here. Settle down children.

You know, I could try a lot less to create worthwhile discussion. Some of you are just never happy with anything. Perhaps your focus should be on the actual topic and not what you think of a certain poster.

I was rather offended by the notion that lamenting rejection and usage of the term "friend zone" was only a thing with men when it, in fact, isn't. I thought it worth discussing.

For fuck's sake, I don't really understand what issue some of you have.

Oh blow it out your ass

My post was regarding the topic in a lot of ways, but also addressed you.

A very, VERY small amount of people think/talk like you mentioned in this thread. There's radical people when it comes to every kind of opinion you can have on life, and there's nothing we can do to stop it. It's nothing to talk about, because all it amounts to is a couple of stupid people and god knows they don't need any more attention. If it's your family/friends saying this kind of stuff, get away from your family or find new friends. If you're reading this stuff on the internet, visit different websites.

You're almost like those people who spend all their time looking for and responding to those radical feminists. Nothing anyone says is going to change their mind, nor does anyone who is halfway intelligent believe anything they say. Stop paying attention to them and they'll eventually shut up.

Its pretty evident by the video this guy had some serious mental problems. He wasn't that bad looking of a guy and probably couldve scored some chicks based on the BMW he was driving around. They probably spent about 5 minutes with the guy and were creeped out.

^This is exactly my point. Men, as a whole, are being accused of something that both sexes do, and I don't think it should be tolerated.

And yeah, I didn't mean to imply that rejection/friend zone is that bad or anything, but this current complaint makes it sound like people can't believe the friend zone exists or feel bad after being rejected. It's a natural reaction.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

Equality is BS, because men and women both have their advantages and disadvantages in life. How many dumb broads do you see with jobs they don't deserve because they have a big rack?

As far as the friend zone thing, it sucks, I've been there and overcome the friend zone to end up hurt in the end. But the major thing I learned is to not focus on one girl so much. Once I became friends with my ex she was the only girl I really cared about even before we dated. I had a one track mind and that was a mistake. I think some guys out there should not become so obsessed with a female friend they are attracted to, especially if the attraction isn't returned. You're setting yourself up for worse feelings and heartaches down the line.

Didn't this guy have aspberger's syndrome? The friend zone seems like the last thing we should be discussing about this dude.

Best post of this thread — even if you did spell Asperger incorrectly.