Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

What is your favorite Rocky movie?

8 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Rocky movie?

• Rocky
    • Rocky II
    • Rocky III
    • Rocky IV
    • Rocky V
    • Rocky Balboa IE Rocky VI

I re-watched a Rocky marathon on AMC earlier tonight (again) and I was just wondering what your favorite(s) are.

Cold War Rocky aka Rocky IV is my favorite. If I had to rank them, I think that I'd go:

1) Rocky IV

2) Rocky

3) Rocky II

4) Rocky III

5) Rocky V

6) Rocky Balboa aka Rocky VI

I know most think V was the worst, but I honestly didn't think it was that bad. Either way, I enjoy watching all of them. TGP%20Yep%20Gif.gif

Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 2

I think the Rocky movies are actually pretty decent from top to bottom. Unlike the Jaws sequels, all of the Rocky movies kind of try to come close to the quality of the first. I still like the first the best and think they tend toward cheese as the series went on, but still entertaining. Even the one with old Rocky and no Adrian.

• Upvote 1

Rocky 3 is my favorite, 4 is a close second. Like GA said, they're all pretty good.

In case there are people who actually haven't seen them:

I like how he goes through that stuff about being a paper champion, and wondering if his title reign and whatnot is legit. Then there's the stuff with Mick and not wanting to train Rocky to fight Clubber because he says he'll lose, Clubber will moydah him! (But I think Mick was just trying to break Rocky of the Hollywood attitude he developed.) Then Mick dies after Lang beats Rocky the first time, that's a great scene. Then Apollo becomes his new trainer and all that, and the final scene with Apollo and Rocky sparring in the old gym and the both throw the punch at the same time, iconic. Oh yeah and Eye of the Tiger of course.

Edited by theMileHighGuy
  • Upvote 2

III is my favorite. Between Rocky vs Hogan and both Clubber fights, to me this was the most entertaining Rocky of them all.

Tied for 2nd place in my book are the original and IV. IV has the best soundtrack of all the Rocky movies, and that means a lot to me. The original is kinda self explanatory.

After that comes Rocky II. Just because it's 4th on my list though doesn't mean I don't like it very much. Rocky II has the best boxing match IMO.

Then comes V and Rocky Balboa.

• Upvote 2

Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago are probably my favorite villains of the series, in that they were the most hateable.

Tommy Gunn, I'm kinda torn there ... he just seemed like a young, impressionable boxer that fell prey to a douchebag promoter.

I never really hated Apollo Creed. Even with his smack talk in the 1st two movies, he still showed respect to Rocky at the end of each one.

It sucked when Apollo was killed off in IV, as well as Mick in III and Adrian in VI.

Also, in the original script for V, Rocky was supposed to get killed by Tommy Gunn at the end in the street fight scene, with Adrian holding him in her arms, but Sly changed it after pressure from the studio company.

I posted this in the shoutbox a few weeks ago and it's long, but this a good documentary on the Rocky series if any of you Rocky fans feel like watching it:

Edited by BLUE

III has the best story. He's the champ and he gets complacent at the top, the hungry challenger brings him back down to earth, and he has to work his way back to the top again. That story can be relateable in any line of business/sports.

IV is a close second in my opinion. The shocking death of Apollo Creed, roided up Russian killing machine Ivan Drago, the Hearts on Fire training montage, and ultimately the "change" speech at the end of the fight makes for an awesome movie.

The original and part two I would put in a tie right below. They're both really great movies that introduced us to the characters, so obviously the importance of these two movies is unquestioned. You gotta love the cockiness that is Apollo Creed.

Lastly I'd put Balboa and V clearly at the bottom for obvious reasons. Had V never been made, and Balboa came out say five or more years earlier than it did, it would have been a little more believable and a better way to end the series.

All in all the Rocky series is easily my favorite movie series of all time. I never get tired of watching 'em. Yes even V every now and then. :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Haven't seen them.

I think the original is the best, but not by much. I would say that the most entertaining is III, just because of Clubber Lang. And honestly, I thought Balboa (6) was really good. It surprised me a bit. They're all so good it's hard to pick one over the other, so I'll do what BLEU did.

1) Rocky

2) Rocky III

3) Rocky Balboa

4) Rocky IV

5) Rocky II

6) Rocky V

Thanks to Rocky III, I think of this anytime sports people talk about predictions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW7qRYTZiKo

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 2

I've only seen the first one for sure, and I think part of III.

Am I a bad person and should I feel bad?

No. Yes.