Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Update: Packers extend Jordy Nelson for 4 years, $39M

10M/season really isn't that crazy, especially with the cap projected to be going up in a major way over the next few seasons. It's Brandon Marshall money. Marshall has the longer track record, but I think right now Jordy is as good or better. So that's fair.

10M/season really isn't that crazy, especially with the cap projected to be going up in a major way over the next few seasons. It's Brandon Marshall money. Marshall has the longer track record, but I think right now Jordy is as good or better. So that's fair.

Ya considering that the cap is going to be going up yet again, it really isn't that bad. Especially knowing how cheaply Jordy has been playing for, for quite a few years. He's 29 and has never really cashed in like so many of the leagues best WRs have been able to.

It's his time, he deserves it, and the Packers have the money -- so it will definitely happen.

But man.... We are going to have a lot of money locked up at WR when both he and Cobb sign.

Ya considering that the cap is going to be going up yet again, it really isn't that bad. Especially knowing how cheaply Jordy has been playing for, for quite a few years. He's 29 and has never really cashed in like so many of the leagues best WRs have been able to.

It's his time, he deserves it, and the Packers have the money -- so it will definitely happen.

But man.... We are going to have a lot of money locked up at WR when both he and Cobb sign.

Feel free to not resign Cobb.

• Upvote 1

Well that escalated quickly, Jordy has signed a 4 year, 39 Million contract with $14m guaranteed. Ill take it and happy that we have got Nelson locked down.

On to Cobb

Getting Jordy for 4/39/14 is such a steal compared to 5/55/26 for Vincent Jackson or 5/60/30 for Mike Wallace.

Good on Teddy Thompson.

Getting Jordy for 4/39/14 is such a steal compared to 5/55/26 for Vincent Jackson or 5/60/30 for Mike Wallace.

Good on Teddy Thompson.

What?

Jackson is better than Nelson, can spread out the field more due to his size and speed, and is only being paid $1 mil per year more. I agree with you on Mike Wallace, but every Buc fan will tell you that Vincent Jackson has been worth every penny of his contract.

I think the contracts are fair for both players, wouldn't call either a steal.

Edited by AllYouNeedIsLovie
  • Upvote 2

What?

Jackson is better than Nelson, can spread out the field more due to his size and speed, and is only being paid $1 mil per year more. I agree with you on Mike Wallace, but every Buc fan will tell you that Vincent Jackson has been worth every penny of his contract.

I think the contracts are fair for both players, wouldn't call either a steal.

Sorry buddy, I give the slight edge to Jordy at this point. He's not quite the downfield playmaker that Jackson is, but he's close. And otherwise I think he's the more complete player.

But in any case, an extra 12M guaranteed is a bit more significant than just an extra mil per season. That's not to say that Jackson's contract is really bad, but I think Jordy's is a great value by comparison.

• Upvote 1

So glad we got Jordy locked up. He is easily one of the most underrated WRs in the league and deserved this contract. The QB rating between Rodgers and him is the best for any QB-WR duo in the league. Now onto Cobb!

So glad we got Jordy locked up. He is easily one of the most underrated WRs in the league and deserved this contract. The QB rating between Rodgers and him is the best for any QB-WR duo in the league. Now onto Cobb!

Rodgers heard about the extension through Nelson and told him he is going to play another 6 years after his (Jordy's) contract ends, so he will have to sign another one later on. :D

Sorry buddy, I give the slight edge to Jordy at this point. He's not quite the downfield playmaker that Jackson is, but he's close. And otherwise I think he's the more complete player.

But in any case, an extra 12M guaranteed is a bit more significant than just an extra mil per season. That's not to say that Jackson's contract is really bad, but I think Jordy's is a great value by comparison.

I think Jackson is a pretty complete player. I mean the guy had 78 catches and 1,200 yards + last year with Josh Freeman and Mike Glennon throwing him the ball.

You do bring up a good point with the guaranteed money though. Didn't realize how little the Packers gave Jordy.

I think Jackson is a pretty complete player. I mean the guy had 78 catches and 1,200 yards + last year with Josh Freeman and Mike Glennon throwing him the ball.

You do bring up a good point with the guaranteed money though. Didn't realize how little the Packers gave Jordy.

Yes, and that was impressive on Jackson's part.

But I view Jordy now as a guy who can produce big plays down the field while still being capable of that foundational 100+ catch role.

That's projecting some, as he and Rodgers haven't been able to hook up for a full season since he's entered his prime, but I see that ability.

Jackson has never been a big volume guy. 78 was a career high for him. He's a big play receiver. I'm not disparaging that, but I think that's what he is.

If there was a stat for Big Play Potential, Nelson would be at the top of that list. This guy is, at the very least, one of the most phenomenal physical specimens in this league and the Packers just locked him for a few years. Great move--he's worth every penny.