Maverick

Official Soccer Thread

I wish you guys still had him because facing Barca on FIFA is just too much :yao:

that PK in the DC United v. Alajuelense Concachamps game was garbage, an iffy call to give them the PK then the shooter fucking stopped, I'm gonna be pissed if we don't reverse this

that said, I think the MLS schedule screws us over in the Concachamps, we're facing a team that's ten games into their club season and our club season starts next week, meaning we're still in preseason mode

You guys watch those champions league matches? Absolutely nuts. Real Madrid got outplayed so badly at home vs Schalke, and had to hold on for dear life the last 10 minutes. They really should be out if it wasn't for CR7's 2 goals. And Chelsea is out after 2 beautiful headers from corner kicks stunned them in the 86th minute to tie it and send it to ET, and then the Silva header in the 114th minute to win it.

What was that ref thinking with the red card on Zlatan? Jesus christ. That pissed me off so much and I almost just turned the game off cause I figured Chelsea would grind out a 1-0 win or 0-0 draw and that ref had just ruined a huge match. Glad PSG ripped Chelsea fans hearts out, but that ref should never be allowed to work a CL match again.

• Upvote 2

Glad you posted about the CL matches, Brady. Both days featured an awesome match of soccer. Madrid-Schalke and PSG-Chelsea were entertaining from the first minute to the last. Goals, controversy, back and forth action, storylines, atmosphere, etc. They had everything.

Madrid-Schalke: Huntelaar scores against his old club. Madrid advance yet are booed at the final whistle with the players and fans unsure whether to be happy or mad (goes to show how spoiled those fans are). CR7 to save the day. Great credit to Schalke and even though they lost the tie, I'm happy they won the match at the Bernebeau. I kinda feel bad for Bale. The media and fans have really screwed his game up mentally. He doesn't know whether to pass, shoot, take a man on, because he's afraid it'll be the wrong decision and he'll get chewed out for it. Terrible behavior by the fans towards your "superstar".

PSG-Chelsea: 10-man PSG defeats 11-man, master tactician Mourinho's Chelsea at the Bridge? Incredible. A couple key notes here...shocking behavior by the Chelsea team on Ibra's red card. Diego Costa is a muppet - though we already knew that. PSG was laughed at for spending 50 million on Luiz. Who's laughing now?

It's pretty funny how poorly English clubs have done in Europe recently.

• Upvote 1

Not gonna lie the result was epic but that entire PSG-Chelsea game was cringe-worthy for me. And in general, all international games, club or country, are often like that. The diving and theatrics were way over the top and seemingly happened with every challenge. Oscar and Fabregas were disgraceful and that midget Verratti on PSG too. The Ibra challenge really wasn't a red card but I could see how the ref thought it was. But Costa should've been sent off TWICE. I really do hate Chelsea though...Mourinho is such a jackass & hypocrite. Along with the players aforementioned. Might not watch another CL game after that shit-show.

I wish you guys still had him because facing Barca on FIFA is just too much :yao:

You got a PS4? I just bought one and FIFA because I was bored the other day. Loving it so far :yep:

well that'll work well for MLS, and nobody else

Qatar should lose the tourney. There's been too much negativity surrounding it.

Qatar should lose the tourney. There's been too much negativity surrounding it.

negativity? is that what you call a combination of corruption and unrealistic promises? yeah, I'd say that's about right

CAiWS0jW4AEjEP7.jpg

PSG vs Barcelona is gonna be freakin awesome but I'm expecting Barca to come out on top. Tough draw for PSG lol. Pretty much just had to avoid Barca or Bayern and they probably would've made the semis. Atletico vs Real Madrid in a rematch of the final last year. Real is gonna have to find their form soon or they will easily get knocked off by Simeone's men. Bayern will probably stomp Porto. Juventus vs Monaco is a toss up. Juventus has more talent but they've been pretty average the past few weeks and not like they have a great history in the CL the past few years so wouldn't be surprised if Monaco wins.

Full Prem slate and El Clasico on Sunday. :devious:

Edited by RevisFan81

negativity? is that what you call a combination of corruption and unrealistic promises? yeah, I'd say that's about right

To put it mildly, yes. I call it that.

Edited by BigBen07

You got a PS4? I just bought one and FIFA because I was bored the other day. Loving it so far :yep:

Nahhhhhhh, Xbox One.

What's your GT? i will rek u

PastHope xX

Charlie Adams, take a bow.

Guys a prick but can't fault him on that goal.

• Upvote 2

all these Kanes yo

WOOOOO Aston Villa on to the FA cup final! Sherwood has completely given us new life!

WOOOOO Aston Villa on to the FA cup final! Sherwood has completely given us new life!

Congrats, Bjorn.

You guys completely outplayed us. Every Liverpool player was shook as fuck. Big club my ass.