Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Fantasy Football Etiquette Question

I had a glitch occur last night during a fantasy draft.

The draft started and seven picks were made before we realized something was wrong. The people who picked 3rd, 4th, 6th, and 7th were all actually not seeing the draft start and it was auto picking for them.

For them, the draft was still "waiting to start."

I handled it the only way I thought was fair, since it was a glitch in the system clearly, and not on their end, since it happened to four people simultaneously.

I undid picks 3-7 and then they refreshed and the draft went smoothly.

However, there is an issue here, which is probably obvious. That is the guy who picked 5th, who wanted DeMarco Murray and got him the first time, and then had Murray picked two slots ahead of him after the undo.

He threw a fit and ragequit the league on the spot, without even sticking around to figure out why we did what we did.

Should I have just told the four of them tough luck and kept going with the draft with them having auto drafted their first rounders- again, through an issue clearly not on their end?

Or did I make the right call here in undoing those picks? The first two people were there and chose, but should I have entirely restarted the draft anyway?

Silver lining is that a friend who wanted in is now able to play, but he has an auto-drafted team, since I couldn't remove an owner during the draft.

I'm just curious what you guys would have done in my situation.

(Auto draft had originally taken Le'Veon Bell at #3 overall instead of DeMarco- keep in mind this is a keeper league with two keepers, so we are essentially in the 3rd round. Still, Bell is a hilarious pick given what just happened.)

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

• Upvote 1

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

This. Tell the rage-quitter to suck a bag of dicks and find a replacement for the league.

I think you definitely made the right call.

Just look at it this way, if the guy got that pissed off over that and rage quit your league, what makes you think that he would have been the type of owner that would have stayed active all year if he ended up going on a losing streak? I say this because IMO there is nothing more annoying than an owner who stops playing because they have a losing record.

He had been in the league 3 years, he would have been active.

Just was an utter asshat about this problem.

What a second; DeMarco was the 3rd pick in the draft? Bell also in the top 5? Tell me this isn't a standard league.

What a second; DeMarco was the 3rd pick in the draft? Bell also in the top 5? Tell me this isn't a standard league.

(Auto draft had originally taken Le'Veon Bell at #3 overall instead of DeMarco- keep in mind this is a keeper league with two keepers, so we are essentially in the 3rd round. Still, Bell is a hilarious pick given what just happened.)
Edited by BLUE
  • Upvote 1

Anyone who is going to rage quit over not get getting DeMarco Murray is probably someone you don't need to associate with