CampinWithaMissingPerson

Raiders to start Derek Carr over Matt Schaub

https://twitter.com/JayGlazer/status/506563994652803076

:O :O :O :O :O

Makes sense given Carr's better than lolSchaub but... hope their OL plays like they did in the last preseason game though or else poor Derek is gonna get thrown to the wolves. Don't they play Rex Ryan and his creative blitzes week 1?

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Derek Carr is gonna get runover. Reggie McKenzie's asshole is probably clenched shut in terror right now.

I can't even remember the last time I said this, but I think the Raiders are making the right decision here.

Most obvious announcement ever. Schaub's right arm basically doesn't exist.

I like most everything about Carr except for how he reacts to pressure. But that's a huge exception and a deal breaker for me when looking at QB prospects. I will be interested to see how he fares behind that Oakland line (which will be better than it's been, but probably still not great).

You mean Schaub sucks and shouldn't be on the field? I think everyone knew this already months ago. Just look the Raiders too long to join the party.

Most obvious announcement ever. Schaub's right arm basically doesn't exist.

I like most everything about Carr except for how he reacts to pressure. But that's a huge exception and a deal breaker for me when looking at QB prospects. I will be interested to see how he fares behind that Oakland line (which will be better than it's been, but probably still not great).

That was my hang up with him too. I will say though watching the Seattle game a little last night he flashed some decent composure in the pocket. Definitely improved. I've seen similar with Garoppolo in New England who I was very down on (more than Carr) for the same reason. No idea how it's happened, and maybe it changes in the regular season going against all starters and complex blitzes but we'll see...

It should be a dramatic reenactment short film where Schaub's play regresses during the Texans season while sipping whiskey on Saturday nights watching Fresno State games and awaiting his impending doom. :yep:

Honestly, Schaub didn't even play well enough to be the #2 QB in Oakland.

So now Matt Shaub gets 8 million dollars to play as much NFL quarterback as I will this season. FML.

After what happened to David, I'm rooting hard for Derek to succeed and I've never been one who liked the Raiders but over the last few years don't have any problem with them.