Sign in to follow this  
BC

Seahawks @ Chargers

Ok so I have a lot of respect for the Seahawks fans on here, and many others that I've met. But a friend of mine was at the game yesterday, and polled 20 of the "twelves" that were tailgating in SD. He asked them two questions:

-Who was your starting QB who took you to the Super Bowl in 2005?

-What is the name of your starting left tackle?

20/20 didn't know the answer to either question. Safe to say the fan base has been adding some noobs en masse recently.

That's not just bandwagon, that's also stupidity. Hasselbeck was one of the bigger names in the sport during the middle of the last decade. They'd have to not follow football to know that.

I understand that. But in a one possession game in the 4th quarter with 2 minutes left, everything that happened in the game prior to that does not matter because the game can be won during that moment. There were plays to be made during that last drive.

Yeah and the plays were made by the opposing defense.

Well, we see things differently. While I'm not saying it's Wilson's fault that the Seahawks lost, (because it's not) the game could have been won on that last drive regardless of what happened prior. When there is a window, an opportunity to win, nothing else that happened before dictates that moment. You either take it or you don't and I believe that's the bottom line. I'm not saying that this game undoubtedly proves that he's not an elite QB. It's just these key situations that elite QB's win; that makes you elite. Seldom Wilson is every in those situations because of how great his team is but didn't answer the bell.

I understand where you're going with this. It's a continuation of another thread.

I'm not condemning Wilson in this case. While I totally agree, I fully expected Wilson to win it with 3:00 remaining and 90 yards to go (as he did against Chicago on the road) -- the sequence of plays in that particular 'window' was simply a combination of SD loading up with pressure and our OL being unable to combat it.

It was a potentially defining moment. But I didn't see the opportunity there to make the plays. So I'll disagree with you on that basis for now. I'll have to see the coaches film to get a sense of whether he missed opportunities. The instant pressure applied on each down really indicated to me that SD won the game versus Wilson losing it.

Seattle's defense very clearly failed us this day. They didn't even put a league average kind of result on the board. 42+ minutes in TOP. Allowing a 75% 3rd down conversion rate. That was just plain awful. To even be in a position to be within a score at the end is impressive in and of itself.

This side conversation should reside in that other thread. And there are good points all around. This thread is about giving SD their due. That was a magnificent performance.

• Upvote 2

Andrew Luck didn't complete the comeback against us last week, via your logic Dutch he's not elite even though he's came through with comebacks countless times before. As long as these losses don't become a habitual thing, I'm sure you'll change your tune on Russell Wilson who has proven himself in these situations before.

Ok so I have a lot of respect for the Seahawks fans on here, and many others that I've met. But a friend of mine was at the game yesterday, and polled 20 of the "twelves" that were tailgating in SD. He asked them two questions:

-Who was your starting QB who took you to the Super Bowl in 2005?

-What is the name of your starting left tackle?

20/20 didn't know the answer to either question. Safe to say the fan base has been adding some noobs en masse recently.

A team picked up new fans in the last 10 years? Color me shocked!

A team picked up new fans in the last 10 years? Color me shocked!

I know about a ton of Charger players who played before I was born. And it's not like Matt Hasselbeck is an obscure player. Also, Russell Okung?

I know about a ton of Charger players who played before I was born. And it's not like Matt Hasselbeck is an obscure player. Also, Russell Okung?

Hate to shit on them but those are easy answers to decent fans. :yep:

I still knew about the Orange Crush defense and Craig Morton, and how we've lost four super bowls (Dallas, Washington, San Fran, New York Giants) prior to winning with Elway. In 1999, a year after I started caring about football. Then again, I'm not a very casual fan so my word only goes so far.