Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Report: Titans may turn to Zach Mettenberger soon

Per Rotoworld.com:

ESPN's Adam Schefter suggested on NFL Live Monday that the Titans might turn to rookie Zach Mettenberger "pretty soon."
ESPN's Chris Mortensen said something similar on NFL Insiders. Having dropped four straight games, the Titans are fast falling out of a playoff picture they never had a chance to enter, and may as well start playing their young pups. Contract-year starter Jake Locker can't stay healthy, and Checkdown Charlie Whitehurst is a 32-year-old career journeyman backup. Sixth-round rookie Mettenberger has a big arm and led the NFL in preseason passing yards. Oct 6 - 4:17 PM

Locker experiment was fun. Thanks for the memories at Washington. RIP.

I thought you weren't high on Mettenberger?

I think at this point Air is just hoping for competency at the quarterback position. Not gonna get it from Locker or Clipboard Jesus.

everyone's favorite player is the backup QB, right? in all honesty tho, with Locker getting hurt in two of the four games he's played it's clear that he's not a viable long term option and it's been clear for Whitehurst's whole career that he's not a viable starting option, so we need to figure out whether Mettenberger is or if we need to be back to the well this offseason

If only Locker could have put on his best McNair imitation (playing through injuries). I'm hoping Mettenberger can be a viable option for us going forward. We will see if CKW can work some of his QB magic on Mettenberger.

Edited by Tennessee Tyrant

It's really a shame, too, because right up until he got hurt he was carving up that Browns defense. The kid looked like Russel Wilson out there. Some of the plays he was making were pretty remarkable, but his reckless abandon—and a blatant cheap shot—ultimately led to him leaving the game, never to be seen or heard from again. It was a garbage hit, and it ended up costing the Titans the game imo, but Locker is a fragile guy who plays like he's 10 foot tall and bulletproof.

Sorry Titans fans. It could have been a beautiful thing.

Well look at the bright side: If he plays Sunday, he'll be playing against the worst passing defense in the league. :Suicide::facepalm:

It's really a shame, too, because right up until he got hurt he was carving up that Browns defense. The kid looked like Russel Wilson out there. Some of the plays he was making were pretty remarkable, but his reckless abandon—and a blatant cheap shot—ultimately led to him leaving the game, never to be seen or heard from again. It was a garbage hit, and it ended up costing the Titans the game imo, but Locker is a fragile guy who plays like he's 10 foot tall and bulletproof.

Sorry Titans fans. It could have been a beautiful thing.

You do make a point, Bowe. Locker can be a beast at times, it just seems he gets into the injury bug at the wrong times. :(

You do make a point, Bowe. Locker can be a beast at times, it just seems he gets into the injury bug at the wrong times. :(

Locker gets into the injury bug at all times, and the comparisons to McNair and saying Locker should play through his injuries, while they seem natural since it's the same team, but I'm not sure they're really fair, McNair was always bruising shit, he never got the type of major injuries Locker has gotten, I don't think any of Lockers injuries have been of a sort that you'd expect a QB to play through

I know Locker tends to have some more severe injuries than McNair had, I guess I just miss having that kind of QB on our team. (Yeah, it's been awhile, but still lol).