Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Austin Davis Benched

Dumb move by the Rams imo. You know what you have with Shaun Hill. Davis is a young inexperienced QB who had some bad games against some good defenses. They should have let him play out the year and maybe tried to get a mid round pick from a QB desperate team if you're planning on drafting a QB. I guess the Rams have a shot at the playoffs in theory but I just don't agree with this move at all.

I joked on the radio show last week that all Davis does is fumble, throw picks, and win. Looks like I shouldn't have said that.

Don't understand this move at all for the Rams. It's not like there's any real playoff hopes there and Hill is 34 and not going to save this team. Davis hasn't looked terrible or anything, I see no reason to pull the plug on him. The pick 6 wasn't his fault, just another one of Kenny Britt's drops

• Upvote 1

Jeff Fisher pulling a Lovie Smith and finding a scapegoat by replacing his quarterback with a significantly worse player.

Probably the 5th worst head coach in the league right now. I should do coaching power rankings...

• Upvote 1

Austin Davis could be the future of this team. Maybe sitting after getting a little experience and just soaking everything in will truly be the best for him and his development. Granted, I highly doubt that that is Fisher's reasoning, but... it could work out in the Rams favor.

The kid is awful lol yet everyone still slobs over his knob (tgp and their love affair for shitty qbs) Davis has been a turnover machine in the past few weeks and has a weak arm. 4 pick sixes and 2 lost fumbles for touchdowns. Than last week dude in the fourth quarter on three straight possessions throws a pick than pick 6 than loses a fumble for a td. Single handedly lost the game for the rams.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Correction: Austin Davis looked good when the year started. I wanted to believe in him, but his season is going all Case Keenum. >_>

He's a young guy who has no more than a couple starts under his belt, MOTM. Plus, it's not like they actually have another QB ready to play. Shaun Hill is worse, even with all that you say is true.

He is the typical qb tease. Starter goes down back up comes in or the back up's back up comes in plays well for a game or two than struggles and becomes a nobody again. Has a weak arm streaky accuracy and is turnover prone.

Edited by monstersofthemidway