BLUE

Rams owner building a stadium in Los Angeles

So it's the Raiders AND the Chargers to share a stadium in LA or it's the Rams, right? Just making sure I have this right...or wrong...

the venue could still be used for "World Cups, Olympics, award shows and other major events."

because two events that happen every four years and never in the same place, the potential to get big annual events even though many of them have traditional sites (I think, I don't actually watch award shows so I don't actually know, but I don't think many of them work well in a football stadium anyway), and a handful of unnamed events totally justifies a multi-million dollar stadium :shifty:

So it's the Raiders AND the Chargers to share a stadium in LA or it's the Rams, right? Just making sure I have this right...or wrong...

Yep, the Carson plan includes both the Chargers and the Raiders. The Inglewood plan includes only the Rams. I can see the NFL potentially forcing Kroenke (the Rams owner) to bring on one of the two teams into his plan, likely the Chargers. From what I've seen and I'm only biased....the Inglewood plan is way better.

Nick Wagoner
ESPN Staff Writer
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams and owner Stan Kroenke view their current home as a two-sport city offering a stadium plan unbefitting of an NFL team, the organization told the league in its application for relocation to Los Angeles.
In the final section of that document, filed to the NFL on Monday, the Rams indicate that St. Louis has fallen so far behind economically that it can no longer support three professional sports teams. Also, the Rams say the stadium proposal put forth by Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon's task force and the St. Louis Regional Convention and Sports Complex Authority (RSA) does not appeal to them, let alone any NFL team.
"No NFL club would be interested in the RSA's New St. Louis Stadium," the application reads. "Any NFL Club that signs on to this proposal in St. Louis will be well on the road to financial ruin, and the League will be harmed."
According to a study cited by the Rams, St. Louis, which also is home to MLB's Cardinals and the NHL's Blues, ranks 61st out of 64 major cities in recent economic growth and has the lowest population growth of any major U.S. city since 2008. In bold letters, the application says San Diego and Oakland are "substantially stronger markets than the St. Louis market."

Those are assessments to which the St. Louis task force quickly offered a dissenting opinion.

"The Rams' assessment of their experience in St. Louis after 21 seasons of remarkable support by fans, businesses and the community is inaccurate and extremely disappointing," the task force said in a statement. "We will remain in contact with league officials and team owners, as appropriate, in the days ahead of the meeting in Houston. Otherwise, nothing has changed. We have a spectacular stadium proposal that delivers the certainty the NFL has asked for, and we are and will continue to be an excellent home for the St. Louis Rams."

is Kroenke trying to piss St. Louis off to the point where the city doesn't want the team?

Updating an earlier item, Inglewood, Cal. mayor James Butts says there's "no certainty" Rams owner Stan Kroenke's stadium will be built if the league doesn't approve his relocation bid.

Butts was apparently misconstrued in an interview with InglewoodToday.com. Mercifully, the situation should have some sort of resolution in 10-14 days.