BwareDWare94

Worst TV Finales/Final Seasons, Ever

God I need to watch Dexter just to see how bad it is. lol

God I need to watch Dexter just to see how bad it is. lol

It's great for 6 seasons. Some fans hate season 3 but I loved the characters that were introduced. Season 7 is weak but it ends in an incredible and devastating scene that pretty much summed up the eventual repercussions of his lifestyle. If you watch it, don't get lured into season 8. It's pointless.

Seinfeld finale was odd but there really wasn't a way to end it.

Even though I never watched the show, supposedly True Blood had the worst final season. I believe it was worse than Dexter's.

Dexter is a pretty easy choice, haha. To be a little different, I will go with LOST. For how epic that show was and could have been, I felt pretty empty and unfulfilled after it wrapped up.

I think this thread has made me realize that despite my watching a lot of TV, I don't actually watch a lot of TV. I can't think of a final season/series finale that I disliked or hated. Even Lost which has a ton of critics for its ending/final season I didn't mind. Although

The Man In Black should've been the good guy, damn it.

• Upvote 1

I think this thread has made me realize that despite my watching a lot of TV, I don't actually watch a lot of TV. I can't think of a final season/series finale that I disliked or hated. Even Lost which has a ton of critics for its ending/final season I didn't mind. Although

The Man In Black should've been the good guy, damn it.

I didn't really mind it... Definitely didn't HATE it.. But you go to the end of this massively long journey and they just keep unloading this at you, and that at you... And when it ended I was just like.. What? Really? That's what they are going to do? And introducing stuff like time travel and a struggle lasting thousands of years was... kind of out there. Although par for the course, I suppose.

I didn't really mind it... Definitely didn't HATE it.. But you go to the end of this massively long journey and they just keep unloading this at you, and that at you... And when it ended I was just like.. What? Really? That's what they are going to do? And introducing stuff like time travel and a struggle lasting thousands of years was... kind of out there. Although par for the course, I suppose.

True fact you need to accept in regards to JJ Abrams: Guy never finishes his products all that well. Ditched Cloverfield, ditched Lost, ditched Star Trek. Bad Robot (his company which has rights to Samurai Jack) needs to give that show a proper ending, yet Abrams doesn't care.

• Upvote 1

did anyone else follow Galavant? probably not, but Season 1 ended last night and was awful, it was a short run series (four hour long episodes) but it had the most obnoxiously forced open ending I've ever seen, they spent three of the episodes bringing all of the characters to the same place for the final confrontation, then they spent half of this episode building anticipation for that confrontation before slowly establishing that the confrontation wasn't actually going to happen then in the last five minutes they sent everybody in different directions with a "hopefully we'll have a Season 2 and something will happen" overall the series was rather amusing, though I'm not sure I'd have watched much more of it, but that finale was beyond dissatisfying

From a science fiction standpoint, Star Trek: Enterprise's final episode was a mess and a slap to the face of longtime fans of the franchise. Using a 7th season ST: TNG episode as a framing device for it was a terrible choice.

Edited by BigBen07

I think I'm going to have to throw Sons of Anarchy into the ring, here. The final season had some good moments, particularly Jax telling Abel that Wendy is his birth mother, but other than that it was melodramatic and cliche to the extreme. The ending itself was fucking dumb--every bad piece of hipster short fiction ends with suicide. It's a cop out, and an indication of laziness in the creativity department. I felt nothing. I knew what was coming. They couldn't have painted a more obvious picture, and his death held no weight by the end.

Edited by BwareDWare94