Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Better Call Saul Discussion

feels like this show is going to be as much about Mike as it is about Saul/Jimmy

:yep:

that was a good episode, and as for him going bad, I think the way he's blackmailed the Kettlemans has felt like step one on that path

I said this earlier in this thread, but I will say it again. This show doesn't have a bad character yet. Even the bad / evil characters are so bad and douchey that they are awesome. Everybody really brings their own thing to the show and it is working great. They all serve their purpose and carry their weight. So good.

The chemistry between Mike and Saul is incredible. I always can't wait to see what they do next.

This past episode was awesome for me because it included a little bit of everything... Jimmy's rivalry with Howard Hamlin, Chuck's illness, Jimmy's budding relationship with Kim, Jimmy on the fence between what he wants to do and what's "right" to do, Chuck's growing distrust of Jimmy, Mike's overall badassery, etc... It's hard to balance all of that in one episode, but they did it beautifully.

Edited by Sarge

Ya know, I don't know what it is... But I really like Chuck. I think we can all assume that something really bad is going to happen to him, maybe? And kind of push Saul over the edge for good, possibly? I am going to miss him when/if that ends up happening. His character brings me great joy.

• Upvote 1

This is just speculation on my part... but maybe it will have something to do with the firm. Maybe Hamlin will screw Chuck over somehow. Remember in episode 1 when Jimmy wanted them to buy out Chuck's share of the partnership.... then a few episodes ago, Chuck had that problem with the cops and the hospital. Maybe that's what will happen. Chuck will get royally screwed over, so then Jimmy doesn't have to play so nicely anymore since Chuck already lost everything. He can go at Hamlin and anyone else at that point.

Just a thought.

11069881_10202748862961857_6460281797633

The many faces of Mike Ehrmantraut.

• Upvote 2

Happy Saul Day!

Chuck working with Jimmy, Jimmy dumpster diving, Mike looking for more "work", Kim starting to undermine Howard/help Jimmy even more, etc... Wow. Season 2 of this show is going to be something special.

I think Mike's daughter-in-law in the first character on the show that I don't really care for (well, her and Tuco, but Tuco doesn't really count). Really curious to see what they're going to do for the season finale.

I feel like this show is about to get dark fast... Kim gonna be that two-timing bitch that she is.. Probably sleeping with Howard. I knew right away when Kim mentioned Chuck being part of HHM still that that was about to explode as far as conflict goes. Where it goes though, I don't know. Maybe Chuck gets 'fired' without any of his pension or equal share to the firm? Or maybe HHM gets to steal the massive litigation that Saul is working on....

"Commerce Clause is a bitch" I lost it :rofl:

• Upvote 2

I've been wondering how people with law degrees were liking this show. Admittedly, they haven't developed the legal angle as much as I thought they would thus far. That doesn't mean I wish the show was being developed differently. I wouldn't change a thing. I'm just saying I thought they might show the legal side of things more often. But I've enjoyed the parts they've done.

Edited by Sarge

I've been wondering how people with law degrees were liking this show. Admittedly, they haven't developed the legal angle as much as I thought they would thus far. But I've enjoyed the parts they've done.

I'm not sure I'm quite an expert, since I've only really been in practice for about a month, but the legal scenes at least seem reasonable (by which I mean they haven't gotten any points of law blatantly wrong) which is really about all I ask for from fiction

also, I laughed at the Commerce Clause line because I think everyone who's gotten through law school has said that at some point

Edited by oochymp

for a more nuanced legal analysis, one of my law school buddies just posted this to facebook: http://ethicsofbettercallsaul.tumblr.com/

I just skimmed through half of the last post and it looks decent, and knowing the guy who posted I'm sure it's legit

Just got caught up. This show's been every bit as phenomenal as I hoped/thought it'd be.

Kim's going to choose Howard, Chuck's going to get fucked by HHM and probably die or something, Mike's going to get his feet wet, and Jim is going to become "Saul" as everything crashes around him and turn to Mike for whatever's next.

• Upvote 1

I'll admit, I thought the show was probably going to be pretty meh.

But my wife and I have been hooked since episode one. It is SOOOOOOOOO good! Love it!

Just got caught up. This show's been every bit as phenomenal as I hoped/thought it'd be.

Kim's going to choose Howard, Chuck's going to get fucked by HHM and probably die or something, Mike's going to get his feet wet, and Jim is going to become "Saul" as everything crashes around him and turn to Mike for whatever's next.

BB Loved to kill off characters. I see both Kim and Howard (especially) dying.

I've been wondering how people with law degrees were liking this show. Admittedly, they haven't developed the legal angle as much as I thought they would thus far. That doesn't mean I wish the show was being developed differently. I wouldn't change a thing. I'm just saying I thought they might show the legal side of things more often. But I've enjoyed the parts they've done.

My girlfriend is in law school and she loves it because of its association with the law, and its general accuracy about the topics it covers.

Speculation based on Breaking Bad, so potential spoiler for those who haven't watched it:

Since Mike is a major character on this show, I really hope they detail how he gets involved with Pollos Hermanos, because we need more Gus.

BB Loved to kill off characters. I see both Kim and Howard (especially) dying.

BB loved to kill off

bad people

. Neither of those fit that criteria Who knows though.

Edited by Vin

BB loved to kill off

bad people

. Neither of those fit that criteria Who knows though.

Cause Jane and that hispanic woman that Jesse was with (can't remember her name) were TOTALLY villains or did bad things....

Edited by Vin

Gonna spoiler that for Sarge.

I'll give you Jesse's girl (mostly), but Jane was in no way, shape, or form innocent.

I miss Breaking Bad. :(

Better Call Saul is awesome, but man, what a privilege it was to watch new episodes of BB every week during its prime. :sigh:

I miss Breaking Bad. :(

Better Call Saul is awesome, but man, what a privilege it was to watch new episodes of BB every week during its prime. :sigh:

That cliffhanger when

the shootout happened right before Hank died

was the worst. Hated waiting for that to resolve.

That cliffhanger when

the shootout happened right before Hank died

was the worst. Hated waiting for that to resolve.

If you look back at our BB thread, you'll see that I agree with you.

I think the last half-season of Breaking Bad was slightly flawed in that they jammed too much material into eight episodes and forced some unnecessary cliffhangers, including and especially the one you mentioned.