Sarge

2015 MLB Season Thread

On the anniversary of Johan Santana's perfect game for the Mets I feel bad that DeGrom came so close to matching it. That said a two hit shut out in where he pitched 8 wasn't too shabby. The two defensive plays me made as well were beautiful.

Tonight it's time for Thor.

The Twins won 20 games in May. Usually takes them 3 months to do that.

Mariners dun got :sweep:

Trumbo has been traded to the Mariners, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports.
Spin:

Trumbo was packaged with left-hander Vidal Nuno in exchange for Welington Castillo, Dominic Leone and minor-leaguers Gabby Guerrero and Jack Reinheimer. He was not in the Diamondbacks' lineup Wednesday, and now the reason why is clear. The powerful right-hander batted just .237 in May, but tallied seven long balls on the month, and is a strong threat to go deep in the middle of any lineup. He'll likely see playing time at the corner outfield positions with the Mariners, stealing reps from the likes of Seth Smith and Dustin Ackley. First base may not be out of the question as well with Logan Morrison batting .245 on the year, and with a shift to the American League, serving as the DH will always be an option.

This is an intriguing move. We were already 4th in home runs, but the left field position has yielded about a 190 average for us this season. Yet another power bat in our lineup, and Dustin Ackley's career with us can finally officially be over. I hope. It might not be the best producing lineup, but the long ball potential, you'll have to change your underwear every half inning when pitching against this lineup.

Austin Jackson

Robinson Cano

Nelly Boomstick Cruz

Kyle Seager

Mark Trumbo

Logan Morrison

or thats at least roughly what i expect the top 6 to be. Give up a couple meh bullpen arms and acquire this. Especially with a whole bunch of games coming up against the Astros, and sitting 4th in the division with still a really good chance to win it, I love the move.

Edited by BC

WHY is that post in a different and much smaller font?

Answer:

lolBC

• Upvote 1

Dodgers are such overrated scrubs.... Don't get me wrong, they have some really talented guys, obviously. But together, as a team... Not impressed. They beat up on shitty teams and consistently lose to good ones. Until something changes, they aren't real threats.

(In before they take the next 3 games of our series against them)

Indians are the first team to go to Kansas City and take a series. Starting pitching is absolutely SLAYING right now.

Cervelli has been great for us for far. Much better than expected, but we'll see if it lasts.

DeGrom wins Co NL player of the week with Kershaw. Won both his starts and with an ERA of 1.20, striking out 18 and with 7 hits. The kid is good.

Gerrit Cole is pitching like a man possessed right now. Leads NL in wins and ERA. Not the best stats anymore, but his peripherals are great, too. I knew he was capable of throwing like this, but I wasn't sure if he would this year yet.

Props for jumping on the bandwagon for this team in like '09 or '10. It's good to see the Pirates have some success. Would have been so awesome to see the Royals and Pirates slug it out for the WS last year but the fucking Giants won again instead. I hope the Sixers give me the same payoff you're getting now in a year or two.

sean I never jumped on the Pirates bandwagon. lol

I've always been a Pirates fan. Not sure what you're talking about.

Well, the Twins run is already over. That's sad :(

Really tough series against the Rockies. Really have to do better than that. John Lackey should never pitch away from Busch, and after a so-so start, Carlos Martinez has been DOMINATING. Good, good stuff from him.

Morton pitched another good game last night. He's thrown well in 3 of his 4 starts so far this season. Hopefully he can keep it up. We need the back end of our rotation to pitch as well as possible with how competitive things are now.

One guy people here aren't talking about is Chris Archer (Rays). He has the highest K/9 rate in baseball right now among all pitchers with at least 75 innings pitched and also a very good 2.17 BB/9 rate to go along with it. He's been straight up dominant lately.

Edited by Sarge

Y'all see Torii Hunter's meltdown? Hilarious, but warranted. The ump had giving Gibson a strike zone of half the plate all night and the Royals pitcher got twice the width of the plate. The third strike call on Hunter's at-bat was hilariously bad. A clear ball.

I do like the human element, but one thing about baseball I can't stand is the inconsistent strike zones in-games. It generally happens when one team has an ace on the mound, but I guess I don't see...I think it was Volquez?...as an ace, but maybe I don't know enough about him.

Volquez isn't an ace. And it wasn't him pitching at that time of the incident, it was Luke Hochevar, who also isn't a star pitcher.

It was a really bad call, but he shouldn't have reacted that way.

It was more of a reaction to the way Royals pitchers were given a wider strike zone all day. You could hear Molitor berating the guy on the radio throughout the game.

My all star ballot

NL

OF: Pederson, Harper, Stanton

3B: Todd Frazier

SS: Brandon Crawford

2B: Dee Gordon

1B: Rizzo

C: Posey

AL

OF: Adam Jones, Trout, Brantley

3B: Donaldson

SS: Bogaerts

2B: Pedroia

1B: Cabrera

C: Perez

DH: Nelson Cruz

Pedroia is a homer pick. Kipnis is probably more deserving. Pedey's still having a great year tho.

Edited by BradyFan81

NL

C: Buster Posey

1B: Paul Goldschmidt

2B: Joe Panik

SS: Brandon Crawford

3B: Todd Frazier

OF: Bryce Harper

OF: Joc Pederson

OF: Giancarlo Stanton

SP: Gerrit Cole

SP: Max Scherzer

SP: Jacob deGrom

SP: Zack Greinke

SP: AJ Burnett

RP: Drew Storen

RP: AJ Ramos

RP: Aroldis Chapman

RP: Trevor Rosenthal

RP: Tony Watson

AL

C: Russell Martin

1B: Miguel Cabrera

2B: Jason Kipnis

SS: Xander Bogaerts

3B: Josh Donaldson

OF: Mike Trout

OF: Adam Jones

OF: Yoenis Cespedes

DH: Nelson Cruz

SP: Corey Kluber

SP: Chris Archer

SP: Chris Sale

SP: Sonny Gray

SP: Dallas Keuchel

RP: Delin Betances

RP: Zach Britton

RP: Andrew Miller

RP: Wade Davis

RP: Joe Smith

Edited by Sarge

Glen Perkins?

Trevor Plouffe?

Brian Dozier?

Dozier is really good, but Kipnis is just on another level. Plouffe is good but not elite.

Perkins, however, I wouldn't have a problem with. He's been very good this year. I could see him being an All-Star.

Also, more than one guy for each position makes it. I just listed who I would pick as the starters.

We're 16-4 in our last 20 games, and we're still 6.5 games back of the Cards.

Like... come the fuck on. lmao