Sarge

2015 MLB Season Thread

Byron Buxton is making his MLB debut as of now. First AB strikeout.

I got to be honest and I never thought I would say this but Bartolo Colon definitely deserves at nod if not at the very least a look to be in the All Star game. He has been pitching the best I've ever seen him pitch and at 9-3 he's not done too much wrong.

Lots of good prospects coming in right now. Buxton, Lindor, Correa. More coming soon, too.

I'm a little late to this discussion, but I am all for Royals fans getting a bunch of bums into the All-Star Game. Fan voting is stupid, and the ASG determining homefield for the World Series is one of the dumbest ideas in sports; may as well expose both in the same year.

I'm a little late to this discussion, but I am all for Royals fans getting a bunch of bums into the All-Star Game. Fan voting is stupid, and the ASG determining homefield for the World Series is one of the dumbest ideas in sports; may as well expose both in the same year.

MLB gets one thing right on its all star game and that's mandating that every team have a representative, does that counter-balance the stupidity of fan voting alone determining the starters? I'm not sure, but it's definitely a positive that deserves mention while trashing the all star game

Come on, Twins. It can't be that hard to at least be competitive.

God, I fucking hate Joe Mauer. He is as un-clutch as you can be for a supposed "great" player. Top of the 9th and down one and he watches 3 meatballs go right across the plate. In a row.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Edited by BwareDWare94

The Astros adding Correa, who will likely win AL rookie of the year is just scary. They have at least three players that are all star lead calibur off hitters now. This could be a problem for everyone in the west.

Seattle has issues. Just not getting on base, and not getting anything positive out of Cano, Rodney, Austin Jackson, our shortstop and left fielders. Normally those guys produce, so maybe if they click in July forward and Iwakuma and Paxton return healthy and strong we get help we can talk wild card.

Shout outs to some unlkely heros coming on strong in FB. Familia, Joey Butler, Jaime Garcia, Yasmany Tomas, Stephen Vogt, Johnny Peralta, and A-Rod.

The Twins put up a good fight last night and took advantage of a tired Lackey late in his start. Like I said before though, Lackey should never pitch on the road again.

12:58
Comment From stevey
Why did the Phillies have Kevin Correia start a game for them? He has no upside, is old, and sucks… Makes no sense for a rebuilding team to roster him. Why not just let one of their minor league guys take his spot? or a semi-interesting reclamation project?!?!
12:58
Dan Szymborski: The Phillies aren’t well-run, creative, or realistic.

:rofl:

I love FanGraphs.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/dan-szymborski-fangraphs-chat-61515/

MLB gets one thing right on its all star game and that's mandating that every team have a representative, does that counter-balance the stupidity of fan voting alone determining the starters? I'm not sure, but it's definitely a positive that deserves mention while trashing the all star game

I'm going to disagree on your point about representation. The best players are the best players and should make the ASG regardless of team. However, I really don't mind giving every team a representative as long as the game itself is considered what it is: an exhibition match. Every team gets one rep, fan voting, determining HFA in the World Series...I can only tolerate so many stupid ideas.

Edited by SteVo

I'm going to disagree on your point about representation. The best players are the best players and should make the ASG regardless of team. However, I really don't mind giving every team a representative as long as the game itself is considered what it is: an exhibition match. Every team gets one rep, fan voting, determining HFA in the World Series...I can only tolerate so many stupid ideas.

we may just have to agree to disagree on this point, but I think every team has at least one player that's deserving but the process can lead to players on bad teams or small market teams getting overlooked, I will say I don't think it'd work in some sports, basketball definitely comes to mind because of the short roster, but for a sport like baseball it works and it's a policy I think the NFL needs to adopt

Not gonna copy and paste the article here as it's huge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/17/sports/baseball/st-louis-cardinals-hack-astros-fbi.html?_r=0

:think:

Edit: So after giving this some thought... I actually think this is pretty shitty. IMO it is worse than anything the Pats did to cheat. Not only did they steal information, but they committed a crime to gain access to it. That's assuming everything that article says is true, which is probably a bad idea on my part. We'll have to see what else happens with this.

But yea, if true... not a good look, Cards.

Edited by Sarge

The Twins put up a good fight last night and took advantage of a tired Lackey late in his start. Like I said before though, Lackey should never pitch on the road again.

Did you see Mauer let 3 meatballs sail right past him? That's some 1919 bullshit, right there.

Buxton got a triple for his first career hit. Man he can fly. Kid's gonna be an elite player sooner rather than later.

Agreed, but I am rather worried that they gave in to fan pressure and moved him up to early.

AA to MLB is a big jump. But Buxton is a pretty special player. He has a .849 OPS in AA this year, and he steals a ton of bases due to his crazy speed. 21 year olds that can do that are few and far between. He's going to be one of the best defensive outfielders in baseball from day 1. Even if he doesn't hit that well to start out, his defense and speed will make the Twins better.

And let's face it. The Twins' outfield is garbage without him. I don't think the Twins will contend, but they had to call up Buxton to see if he can help out.

I hope to see this thread more active now that baseball is all we have for 2 months. :yep:

Another loss to the Twins.. Ugh. Gross. lol.

Our offense continues to completely disappear when Jaime Garcia pitches. Dude has been EXCEPTIONAL since coming back and we can't even score more than a run for him. Unacceptable. Although to be fair, this was one of very very few games the pen blew for us. It was bound to happen, just sucks it had to happen this way.

Also, it's nice to see Jason Heyward's batting coming alive (sad it has to be when the rest of them die). Been hitting .333 the last couple weeks after his pretty terrible start. I wasn't expecting a lot form his bat as we completely changed and overhauled his approach at the plate, so the slow start didn't really bother me. Hopefully he can sustain this success. Pair that with his defense and he may just get the big money he wants.

Edited by Favre4Ever

The Pirates' starting rotation has the best ERA and FIP in baseball.

Neil Huntington the gawd.

Yea Cole's dope this year. They knew he could pitch like this when they drafted him #1 overall. :yep:

Burnett has been incredible as well. Liriano has been awesome, Morton has been awesome except for one game. Locke's been coming around his last couple starts. I'm very impressed with our rotation. Bullpen's been lights out as well.

Sarge, your boys fucked up, sticking out an elbow to ruin a perfect game? That's bush league shit