Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Eagles Release Trent Cole & Cary Williams

Going to be weird to see Trent Cole not wearing an Eagles jersey. Would love it if he came to the Texans.

• Upvote 1

Ya, he has had one hell of a run, hasn't he? For a while there Trent Cole was all anybody at TGP could talk about (and for the right reasons).

• Upvote 2

Good fucking riddance, Cary.

Trent Cole, tho. :( One of my all-time favorite Eagles. Won't be the same seeing him in another uniform.

Cary Williams is a garbage person. I hope he goes to Oakland or the Jets... or some other team that can represent his talent level.

There should be a pretty good market for Trent Cole :yep:

Trent Cole was a warrior for us and I love him as a player. Blue collar guy that did his job. Can't ask for anything more. He was the longest tenured Eagle for a long time so it's going to be weird not having him on our team. I wish him the best.

As for Cary Williams, good riddance.

Eagles got 5 times better on defense releasing Cary Williams. Lol

Cole is in Tampa today for a visit. Would love to see him sign with the Bucs. As someone who watches a good amount of Eagles game, Cole had a relentless motor and was a very consistent pass rusher until they switched to the 3-4.

I'm not sure why the Bucs are interested in Cole. I read Jason Licht was part of the Eagles' FO team that drafted him so I'm guessing that is why. But I don't see why a team coming off a 2-14 season is looking to add 33 year olds that are past their prime. He'd probably be an upgrade over Michael Johnson (not saying much), but at this age he may not even be better than Jacquies Smith. I know the 3-4 the Eagles ran last year wasn't a good fit for him, but I can't imagine him having too much juice left on a team that likely isn't ready to compete this season. If we sign him for a reasonable price I won't be complaining, but ehhhhh....

I thought Cole would have visited the Bears. It seems all the old pass rushers are interested in the Bears.

Cary getting interest from the Seahawks. Subtraction by addition.

• Upvote 1

Cary getting interest from the Seahawks. Subtraction by addition.

Bet he fights the LoB.

Not going to lie, it will be strange seeing Trent Cole in anything but a Eagles Jersey. Was consistently a force until last year.

That said the NFC East shall love to see the back of him.

Dallas sounds like they have interest in Cole. Doubt how much interest though.