Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Saints Sign Brandon Browner

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/576124721915437056

Wow. I know the Packers aren't big FA players, but this is insane. Davon House, our 3rd CB just signed a deal averaging 6.5M/yr with Jacksonville, and we don't entertain signing Brandon Browner for 5? Packer fail.

Saints are super bowl bound. 3/3 for Brandon Browner, make it happen!

A lot of teams would've made that deal no problem. McCourty probably wouldn't have re-signed with NE if he new Revis and Browner were hitting the road :yao: Good luck in that secondary now Devin :lol:

In the current market, $5M/season is about right for Browner, imo. Browner is a desolate man's Ty Law. He's just another physical corner whose cover skills are overstated as a result. He's one of, if not the most penalized CB on a per-snap basis, but he gets away with a lot of contact as well. He's also benefited by playing in awesome secondaries with highly productive front sevens. Not sure he'll fare well in NO unless that defense turns top 5 like we all thought it'd be last year.

• Upvote 1

Wow that's a change. I think we'll see his production slip, but he is still a very good player to bring into any secondary. Looks like they got another nice little benefit thanks to trading away Jimmy Graham in having some extra cash, which might be worth mentioning at a later date when comparing the teams. Will be very interesting to see how both teams fair in these changes in the next 1-2 years.

Edited by BC

I honestly would have rather had Tramon Williams or both. Williams is still sitting at home deciding on where he wants to go right?

And Zack I agree with everything you said about Browner

• Upvote 1

I don't think you want Tramon, he's on the verge of being the oldest corner in football and he lost a step last year. Not to mention, Packers are trying to bring him back for 4-5M a year and he turned it down. Thank goodness that dude is greedy as hell... Love the man.. Great person, teammate, and role model.. But, signing a 32 year old corner who is declining fast just because he is a nice person doesn't do it for me.

Yes but him losing a step is still better than what we had who had no steps. I know he is from the area and I think he would be good depth and a good locker room prescence which is what we need.

But not for 4-5 million a year, would be too exspensive for us I think

Oh ya, if you are looking for more of a veteran guy who can bring some leadership.. He can definitely be your guy. And you are right, he is from the area. By all means, please... Sign him. We want him to start on the outside and he got smoked last year... Only 2 CBs in the entire league gave up more TDs than he did.