Sign in to follow this  
Zack_of_Steel

NAACP leader Rachel Dolezal lied about being black

Rachel Dolezal is the NAACP president of the Spokane, Washington chapter and she teaches African Studies at Washington State college.

rachel-dolezal.jpg

There's so much ridiculousness you just have to read the article. Holy shit.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/naacp-leader-rachel-dolezal-lied-black-parents-article-1.2255743

Video of her being asked if she's African American, lmao:

Link

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

This is pretty bizarre. She looks pretty black now. Pretty crazy transformation.

So now that changing your sex is seemingly becoming more tolerated in today's society, (Jenner) what do you think the reaction will be to the idea of race change?

I was just about to bring this up.

The phrase "Transracial" has been going around on the internet and I just don't know if I can take this anymore. I can understand people having different sexualities, but this whole idea of being "woman trapped in a man's body" or the reverse is just crazy to me.

Who you love and attracted to is one thing...but to say you don't "feel like you are a man" well what does being a man supposed to feel like? So you dress in women's clothes, have different hair or get body surgery all of a sudden that makes you a woman? There is no amount of clothing, cosmetics, careers, hobbies, or possessions that will MAKE you a woman. The only thing that determines that is your genetic make up. You being born a man doesn't stop you from doing anything a woman can lifestyle wise.

Which brings me to this story. The idea that you can change your race is beyond ridiculous. And black is not a race, that is a culture...being African American or Africian is what you are born as....no amount of hairstyles, tanning, vernacular, careers, friends, or activist campaigns will change that. You can be a part of what America calls the "black culture" any day because there are friends of mine who grew up in the same culture as I did but are Caucasian. Just like there are people darker than me who grew up in a "white culture" but that can never change your roots.

We're so far removed from reality that we don't even care about what "is" anymore. We only care about what we "feel like," or what we believe "should be." I guess if I sleep in the garage, that makes me a car now.

By the way, has anybody else noticed the irony of having to accept gays and lesbians because they were born homosexual and didn't choose to be that way, but now all of a sudden we have to accept transsexuals after they choose to change their gender? If gays and lesbians were born the way they are, then fine, I accept that. But "Caitlyn" Jenner was born male and chose to be female, something "she" wasn't born to be. Why should I accept that? You can't have it both ways.

By the way, the first transracial person was Michael Jackson, who was black in 1983, but white in 1991.

Well there are actually cases where people are genetically more ambiguous than most have different sex chromosomes. There have been studies that transgender peoples brains look different than regular people's brains. I don't care if she wants to be black, but all the lies should told. She's clearly nuts. I'm not sure what percentage of transgender people are just nuts and want attention or which ones are actually born the way they are, but trans race people are pretty much just nuts.

You're not supposed to accept gays and lesbians because they were born that way. You're supposed to accept them because it makes you a decent human being.

I understand that, but surely you understand my point, right?

Not really...there are valid reasons as to why it's not contradictory, but even without going into that, why do you care? What does it effect you if someone feels that they were born the wrong gender and wants to live their life that way?