Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

What's Wrong With Partners Sleeping in Separate Beds?

http://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/393218/a-rational-defense-of-sleeping-alone/

This is something of a joke, but it does create good discussion. What are your thoughts on you and your partner sleeping in separate beds?

Every girlfriend I've ever had wanted to sleep in a sauna, and I was inconsiderate if I ran a fan or wouldn't get them 10 extra blankets when the room was already 80+ degrees because they were cold, somehow.

I couldn't stand it, and I eventually just started going home at night. If you can't allow your partner to be comfortable, you shouldn't be allowed to complain if they don't want to share a bed every night.

It is absolutely unnecessary to sleep in the same bed in order to have a healthy relationship. The important things happen in the waking hours. Hopefully this idea of absolutely having to share a bed is a dying trend.

Edited by BwareDWare94

My mom and stepdad have never shared a bed, because he needs to wake up at 6 in the morning most days, and she ends up reading late into the night with all the lights on. If I ever had a significant other, I'd much rather have my own space because I thrash about in bed and it'd be inconsiderate otherwise. So yeah, nothing is wrong with sleeping in different beds, as long as you fuck in the same bed.

Guess the next thread on TGP which asks a practically rhetorical question to why it's acceptable to change a social norm and win a prize.

Oh and to answer the question, give me 'Do whatever makes you happy' for $500, Alex.

Edited by Maverick

I forget, has "I don't want to buy women drinks at bars" been done yet?

"How many dead babies can you keep in your garage before it becomes socially unacceptable?"

"How many dead babies can you keep in your garage before it becomes socially unacceptable?"

How fresh are they?

Fresh enough to go to Bel-Air.

"Why can't I Dutch oven my wife / girlfriend/ random girl sleeping next to me if I'm forced to share the bed?"

Back on topic, as a general rule I try not to care about what couples do in their bedroom

TGP. Whats wrong with saying " I love you with all my heart"?

TGP. Whats wrong with saying " I love you with all my heart"?

Lots of things. It's melodramatic nonsensical bullshit.

• Downvote 4

You must be a sad lonely fuck bware.

• Upvote 1

Nope, just intolerant of unnecessary melodrama.