Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Cowboys fear torn ACL for Orlando Scandrick

Per Rotoworld.com:

Cowboys CB Orlando Scandrick was carted off the practice field Tuesday with what the team "fears" is a torn ACL.
It's believed to be a right knee injury for Scandrick, who was crying as he was carted off the field. Scandrick was hurt after running into undrafted WR Lucky Whitehead during a drill. The Cowboys can ill-afford to lose Scandrick, who is easily their best corner. We'll post an official update when one is provided. Aug 25 - 9:05 PM

One of my favorite players. This sucks.

Confirmed. He has a torn ACL, out for the season.

Carr, Claiborne, and Jones need to step up. Carr was playing like a #1 in the second half of last season. Claiborne has never been as bad as people say. Jones will make mistakes but might balance it out with splash plays.

Orlando Scandrick is a stud but with Marinelli in place the Cowboys will be OK. After week 4 when there's sacks to go around for Gregory, Lawrence, and Hardy, it'll only get better. Dallas' defense will still show improvement.

That Dallas fandom creeping back in BWare.

This to me is a pretty big blow for the Cowboys. Scandrick was clearly their number one DB and this is going to make their pass D a lot weaker.

Carr, Clairbourne and the rest of the Corps will have to step up. Honestly this will make the opening game of the season a scoring fest imo.

• Upvote 1

That Dallas fandom creeping back in BWare.

This to me is a pretty big blow for the Cowboys. Scandrick was clearly their number one DB and this is going to make their pass D a lot weaker.

Carr, Clairbourne and the rest of the Corps will have to step up. Honestly this will make the opening game of the season a scoring fest imo.

It's not Dallas fandom to assume that better pass rush takes pressure off of the secondary. Also, Brandon Carr was very good for the final 8 games of last season and excellent in the playoffs. I think he can continue that trend. Morris Claiborne has always had the skill, and a good knack for getting to the ball. If his technique is sharpened, he'll be OK. Don't count out Tyler Patmon, either. Dude made some plays before an injury last season. Last but not least, look out for Byron Jones. God knows what great athleticism can do in a secondary. Hell, you factor in Sean Lee's penchant for pass defense and the loss of Orlando Scandrick is lessened.

These aren't bad players in Dallas' secondary. It's not like they're the Benny Sapp's of the NFL.

Claiborne has been a bust. Yes been underachieving his entire career this far. Carr is solid and Byron Jones has potential yet to be seen. Scandrick has been there best corner. While I do believe this is a huge blow, I wouldn't saw the cowboys are screwed. We will see how Randy Gregory and Greg Hardy affect the passing game. The Eagles applied solid pressure last season and was 2nd in the league in sacks but that did not stop our corner backs getting burnt to oblivion.

Byron Jones is gonna fill #2 spot easily. Maybe not as good as the draft spot warranted but he's got great ability.

Claiborne is hilarious. Dude would honestly be in danger of not making the cut if a couple other CBs step up.

Byron Jones is gonna fill #2 spot easily. Maybe not as good as the draft spot warranted but he's got great ability.

Claiborne is hilarious. Dude would honestly be in danger of not making the cut if a couple other CBs step up.

He has potential to be a top flight number 1 cb but rookie corners tend to struggle as rookies with a few rare exceptions. I was pretty high on Rowe coming into the draft not only as a player but as a scheme fit for the Eagles but I don't expect much from him this year.. Dallas is going to need big things from their pass rush this year to make up for their corner situation.. Losing Scandrick is a big time loss. No way around it.

I don't think it's out of question for him to be near taking the #1 CB spot by the end of the year.

I agree, it probably isn't out of the question, but it is highly unlikely considering the Cowboys track record in developing CB talent. If the guy really is supremely talented it will shine through but at this point I'd consider it unlikely that can even come close to replacing Scandrick THIS year.