Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Cowboys Add Christine Michael

Michael has a committee type ceiling and is fragile in his own right, but I really thought he might end up in a place like Dallas where he can be the finesse runner that he is and not worry about every down duties, or pass blocking, all that. It would have helped if they had found that 3rd & 1 bruiser type back but for the price this is solid. Dallas could be around the 10th best rushing team.

Michael has a committee type ceiling and is fragile in his own right, but I really thought he might end up in a place like Dallas where he can be the finesse runner that he is and not worry about every down duties, or pass blocking, all that. It would have helped if they had found that 3rd & 1 bruiser type back but for the price this is solid. Dallas could be around the 10th best rushing team.

Dallas might not have and kind of bruiser back but McFadden can be that if they just give him 10-12 carries a game. I also think Randle hits the hole tougher than advertized. Dallas isn't worry about their running back situation, and shouldn't be.

Really think Christine Michael will thrive in Dallas. Although any RB probably would with that OL. He has the tools to be the best back on that team.

Cowboys waived RB Christine Michael.

Michael's Cowboys "career" ends with 15 carries for 51 yards. Dallas is the second team in three months to give up on the 2013 second-rounder after the Seahawks gave him away in September. Michael is a freak athlete, but has never shown a feel for the professional game, and has reportedly caused headaches in the locker room. It's alarming he couldn't carve out a role on a team rolling with Darren McFadden as a workhorse. Now 25, Michael will likely get a third chance, but his fantasy future is grim.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8469/christine-michael

Ex-Cowboys RB Christine Michael passed through waivers unclaimed.

He's now an unrestricted free agent. Despite immense natural running ability, Michael never improved as a collegiate at Texas A&M, then flamed out with both the Seahawks and running back-needy Cowboys. Michael figures to be atop most teams' running back emergency lists down the stretch.

Yeah, I don't think he was given anything that resembles a real chance. Very few NFL running backs light the world on fire--they need significant carries in order to produce. When McFadden was awful last Sunday, it should have been Michael getting a chance, but no. This is stupid. Why trade for the guy and give up so quickly? To not even give him a chance was a fucking joke on the Cowboys' part. Puh-thetic.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8469/christine-michael

Redskins signed RB Christine Michael to the practice squad.

It's a natural landing place, as Redskins GM Scot McCloughan was the Seahawks' senior personnel executive when they drafted Michael in 2013. In a best-case scenario, Michael would learn the Redskins' system this season with an eye toward competing for a roster spot next summer.

Yeah, I don't think he was given anything that resembles a real chance. Very few NFL running backs light the world on fire--they need significant carries in order to produce. When McFadden was awful last Sunday, it should have been Michael getting a chance, but no. This is stupid. Why trade for the guy and give up so quickly? To not even give him a chance was a fucking joke on the Cowboys' part. Puh-thetic.

maybe he hadn't shown anything in practice over the two months he was on the roster to make the team think he was a good alternative? :shrug:

this is a guy who's had one team use a second round pick on him and another team trade for him, that's someone you try as much as you can to get some production out of, but ultimately you have to earn the reps in games by what you do in practice, I don't think anyone here knows what he's done in practice so I really don't think we can say he wasn't given a fair chance, he has been on the 53 man roster for two teams now for a total of two and a half years, which is at least something that resembles a real chance

Edited by oochymp

maybe he hadn't shown anything in practice over the two months he was on the roster to make the team think he was a good alternative? :shrug:

this is a guy who's had one team use a second round pick on him and another team trade for him, that's someone you try as much as you can to get some production out of, but ultimately you have to earn the reps in games by what you do in practice, I don't think anyone here knows what he's done in practice so I really don't think we can say he wasn't given a fair chance, he has been on the 53 man roster for two teams now for a total of two and a half years, which is at least something that resembles a real chance

No real chance with no real in-game carries.

This wouldn't matter if they hadn't dumbly released Joseph Randle. Dude was the best back on the team pretty easily and they're already standing by Greg freaking Hardy.