oochymp

2015-2016 NHL Season

Teams I'm okay with making a run: Everyone who isn't Boston, Rangers, Wings, a team in the Central, LA. Don't really mind Dallas and Nashville tho.

Enough with the Blackhawks and Kings already. Somebody eliminate Chicago for fucks sake.

Salaries keep rising in sports. This is nothing new. And to you Avs fans, if the Sabres finish with more points than the Avs next year you can wear the avatar of my choice for the playoffs. If the Avs finish with more than the Sabres, I'll wear one that you choose (that mods approve obviously)

Fart and Bay, you guys can pick my avatar and signature for the playoffs. Though, I'm still very glad about the O'Reilly trade.

• Upvote 2

You weren't really wrong at all when you said Buffalo would be better than Col. :notbad:

Avs are pathetic at puck possesion like no other.

Yeah, if this was "which fanbase should feel better about their season" then I would've won. But thats stupid, and points are points. Given how back in February, I assumed this wouldn't be close only finishing 1-5 points behind isn't that bad.

lmao Bruins! Flyers in at least.

Habs already blew it though :rog:

I don't really give a shit lol. Caps haven't advanced to the ECF since 1998. Habs have done so twice since 2010.... and one was with a god awful 88-point team.

Flyers in 7.

• Upvote 1

IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!! :rock::towel::corn:

You're going down, Caps.

I don't really give a shit lol. Caps haven't advanced to the ECF since 1998. Habs have done so twice since 2010.... and one was with a god awful 88-point team.

Flyers in 7.

The Caps have 120 points, the Canadiens have 82. :fgm:

The Caps have 120 points, the Canadiens have 82. :fgm:

The Caps had 121 points in 2010... where'd that get you? Oh yeah, a 1st round exit courtesy of the Habs. :yao: I'm not worried about the Habs at all... they lost their best player early in the year. They'll more than likely be back in the postseason next year if Price stays healthy. And why aren't you making fun of the Rangers? Because they've eliminated the Caps 2/3 past years? lol.

At least you can look forward to the Caps raising more of these banners...

IMG_0754-e1326854963623-550x352.jpg

:mjlaugh:

^Says the guy bragging about two ECF appearances...YAY 4th PLACE! Caps have more actual accomplishments in my lifetime than the Habs.

....Why would I say anything about the Rangers? They are actually good and relevant.

Caps sitting Holtby is indefensible. You go for the history when given the chance. What a joke.

^Says the guy bragging about two ECF appearances...YAY 4th PLACE! Caps have more actual accomplishments in my lifetime than the Habs.

I'd much rather advance to the ECF than win the Presidents Trophy. It's actually cool to watch your team still playing in late May, but Caps fans wouldn't really know. Shame.

In my lifetime, the Habs have won a Stanley Cup, the Caps have not (and never have). That's the only accomplishment worth a shit in hockey. But rock those Regular Season Eastern Conference Champions and Presidents Trophy banners proudly.

....Why would I say anything about the Rangers? They are actually good and relevant.

Because they're my team as well, so I figured you would try to take jabs at them. I've actually been a Rangers fan longer (since 1998) since I've been a Habs fan (since 2003), fwiw. But like I've mentioned I'm not even that invested in the game as much as I used to be. I was a bigger hockey fan when the Habs had guys like Jan Bulis and Andrei Kostitsyn and when the Rangers had the likes of Radek Dvorak and Rico fucking Fata... when both teams were a lot worse.

I'd much rather advance to the ECF than win the Presidents Trophy. It's actually cool to watch your team still playing in late May, but Caps fans wouldn't really know. Shame.

In my lifetime, the Habs have won a Stanley Cup, the Caps have not (and never have). That's the only accomplishment worth a shit in hockey. But rock those Regular Season Eastern Conference Champions and Presidents Trophy banners proudly.

Because they're my team as well, so I figured you would try to take jabs at them. I've actually been a Rangers fan longer (since 1998) since I've been a Habs fan (since 2003), fwiw. But like I've mentioned I'm not even that invested in the game as much as I used to be. I was a bigger hockey fan when the Habs had guys like Jan Bulis and Andrei Kostitsyn and when the Rangers had the likes of Radek Dvorak and Rico fucking Fata... when both teams were a lot worse.

I don't hoist the banners....

And I know how it feels to go to the ECF and lose. It means literally nothing but disappointment. I guess expectations are so low for MTL nowadays it feels good to just almost get there.

Caps sitting Holtby is indefensible. You go for the history when given the chance. What a joke.

Have to agree. Why play him vs. St Louis at all then if you weren't gonna play him vs. Anaheim? Yes he could of lost which would make the decision easier. If you weren't going to let him make histsory don't bother playing him vs. the Blues so he wouldn't have the chance. Ties are garbage. :kobe:

I don't hoist the banners....

And I know how it feels to go to the ECF and lose. It means literally nothing but disappointment. I guess expectations are so low for MTL nowadays it feels good to just almost get there.

Not if you're a Caps fan.

15 playoff teams end their season with nothing but disappointment. Like I said before, the Stanley Cup is the only accomplishment that means jack shit.

And to reiterate, Caps fans wouldn't know, but it's better to watch your team still compete in the late stages of the playoffs than to win the Presidents Trophy and go one and done or two and barbecue.

Not if you're a Caps fan.

15 playoff teams end their season with nothing but disappointment. Like I said before, the Stanley Cup is the only accomplishment that means jack shit.

And to reiterate, Caps fans wouldn't know, but it's better to watch your team still compete in the late stages of the playoffs than to win the Presidents Trophy and go one and done or two and barbecue.

I was a Stars fan growing up so I saw them win a cup and even lose one, switched to the Sharks after the lockout and saw them LOSE in the ECF, and now follow the Caps because they are my hometown team and on TV.

I was a Stars fan growing up so I saw them win a cup and even lose one, switched to the Sharks after the lockout and saw them LOSE in the ECF, and now follow the Caps because they are my hometown team and on TV.

Well you never stated that, so I didn't know. :coffee:

I've seen the Rangers lose in the ECF and SCF... it sucks all the same. Actually, the ECF loss to TB last season didn't really bother me that much for some reason... I didn't really watch much of the series and they didn't even show up in game 7, so whatever.

Panthers/Islanders games 1 and 2 are Thursday and Friday. Why?

Edit. Prediction time!

Stars > Wild in 5

Blues > Blackhawks in 7

Predators > Ducks in 6

Kings > Sharks in 6

Panthers > Islanders in 6

Lightning > Red Wings in 7

Flyers > Capitals in 7

Penguins > Rangers in 6

Stars > Blues in 6

Kings > Predators in 5

Panthers > Lightning in 6

Penguins > Flyers in 4

Kings > Stars in 7

Penguins > Panthers in 6

Kings > Penguins in 6

Edited by SteVo

Third straight year it's been the Rangers and Pens meeting in the playoff's. I just hope that the Rangers can move on. Always a hard match up in the post season.

I said on Saturday that he should have gotten the start, and I stand by that as the decision I would have made, but I definitely understand the move and to a degree I like it. The idea is to get everyone healthy, we've got some guys who have missed substantial time with various injuries, so why make them play another game? And with as many people as they were sitting it would have given mixed messages to put Holtby out there, which gets to why I kinda like the move. We've got a team that's been coasting for a month now but got things clicking against St. Louis, I'm okay with leaving that as the last game we care about in the regular season (hence not putting Holtby out with a chance to break the record). What that move could do is send the message to the team that we've done all we need to in the regular season and it's time to get into playoff mode. I think the clean break could be great psychologically.

Have to agree. Why play him vs. St Louis at all then if you weren't gonna play him vs. Anaheim? Yes he could of lost which would make the decision easier. If you weren't going to let him make histsory don't bother playing him vs. the Blues so he wouldn't have the chance. Ties are garbage. :kobe:

Sitting Holtby for both games would have been pointless and almost stupid. Holtby is very much a rhythm goalie and he doesn't do well coming off long breaks, so I would not want to start the playoffs with him having not played in a week

anyway, regular season is over, on the the playoffs, bring it Philly, 16 wins to go

I said on Saturday that he should have gotten the start, and I stand by that as the decision I would have made, but I definitely understand the move and to a degree I like it. The idea is to get everyone healthy, we've got some guys who have missed substantial time with various injuries, so why make them play another game? And with as many people as they were sitting it would have given mixed messages to put Holtby out there, which gets to why I kinda like the move. We've got a team that's been coasting for a month now but got things clicking against St. Louis, I'm okay with leaving that as the last game we care about in the regular season (hence not putting Holtby out with a chance to break the record). What that move could do is send the message to the team that we've done all we need to in the regular season and it's time to get into playoff mode. I think the clean break could be great psychologically.

Sitting Holtby for both games would have been pointless and almost stupid. Holtby is very much a rhythm goalie and he doesn't do well coming off long breaks, so I would not want to start the playoffs with him having not played in a week

anyway, regular season is over, on the the playoffs, bring it Philly, 16 wins to go

Should have sat him vs. the Blues then. Let him play vs. Ducks if that's the case. Whatever though, I and of course you and all Caps fan wanted to see him break the record. It's special what he did - I know wins aren't everything still his record was insane. :yep:

Should have sat him vs. the Blues then. Let him play vs. Ducks if that's the case. Whatever though, I and of course you and all Caps fan wanted to see him break the record. It's special what he did - I know wins aren't everything still his record was insane. :yep:

I think sitting him against the Ducks had more to do with sitting Ovi, Backstrom, Carlson, and Orpik, they've all dealt with injuries over the season and they definitely needed the rest. It wouldn't have made sense to sit them on Saturday then play them on Sunday and you're going to give Holtby the start when he's going to have the best chance to win and tie the record, which means playing him with those four guys Saturday.

Red Wings-Lightning 6

Rangers-Penguins 7

Blackhawks-Blues 5

Flyers-Capitals 7

Islanders-Panthers 6

Wild-Stars 4

San Jose-Los Angeles 6

Predators-Ducks 5