oochymp

2015-2016 NHL Season

Habby New Year :laseface:

This team on home ice :mjlaugh:

Jack Eichel is amazing.

Unfortunately, this hot streak coincided with everyone else playing like absolute trash. In the last 5 games he scored or assisted on 9 of our 12 goals.

• Upvote 1

gr9HIqS.png

1450848307759.jpg

Told ya the Panthers would be good thanks to drafting and the moves they made. Well deserved extension for Dale, idk about Gallant tho.

• Upvote 1

Hope the Panthers don't choke. I'd like to go to some playoff games this year.

• Upvote 1

Iggy scores goal 600, Barrie 4-point night :yes:

actual all-star rosters to be announced tomorrow, but here's NHL.com's projections: 2016 Honda NHL All-Star Game projected rosters | 2016 NHL All-Star Weekend

I'd love to see Kuzy make it, but I can't pick any of the forwards they listed to pull off, and they do put three Capitals on the Metro team. I also still think teams should be bigger, three lines for 20 minutes of 3-on-3 is gonna get sloppy.

Edited by oochymp

I'd be okay with any of Dutchy, Mack, Tyson. Barrie would be so much better to watch than Suter, Weber or Big Buff :coffee: Mack being one of the fastest skaters in the league period would be awesome if he made it. Dutchy's speed and skills. T-boobs skating

holy shit Kuznetsov is amazing, take a look at these two plays:

PPG:

assist:

dude's puck control is unbelievable

• Upvote 1

yeah, I don't think it's a stretch at all to say Kuzy should be in the all-star game (aren't those rosters supposed to be announced today?) he's tied with Backstrom for the division lead in assists (throw in Steen for a three way tie at tenth in the league) and he's tied with Malkin for the division lead in points (throw in Steen and Bergeron for a four way tie at 12th in the league) throw in that Kuzy's skills fit really well with 3-on-3 and he should definitely get a spot, if he doesn't make it it'll just be because they don't want too many Capitals (Ovi's already in and if Holtby's not it's borderline criminal and Carlson's got a great case as well)

NHL announces full rosters for 2016 Honda NHL All-Star Game | 2016 NHL All-Star Weekend

Caps got three players: Ovi, Holtby, and Backstrom, I still kinda wish Kuzy had gotten in, but I'm really glad Backstrom made it, this'll be his first all-star game and he definitely deserves it, Kuzy will have plenty more opportunities

I still kinda love that John Scott was voted in and the NHL just said fuck it :rofl:

Is John Scott a thing? Like who coordinated that it was him? Reddit?

How a 6-foot-8 hockey goon was chosen by NHL fans to be All-Star captain | For The Win

short version - a blogger on Yahoo! mentioned in a podcast shortly after the new format was announced that it would be hilarious to watch a big goon try to keep up with the best players in 3-on-3 (not sure how he settled on Scott, but apparently he singled Scott out) a Leafs' blogger endorsed the idea, then Reddit latched on to the idea and made it happen

Edited by oochymp

Dutchy made it :rock:

first team to 30 wins :Banana: and beating the Islanders 4-1 is pretty awesome and it's great to see this team fight through some injuries to key players

Finally got to watch some hockey this week. Caps are looking mighty good this year. I think I will have to wait for NFL season to be over to really start watching, I just don't have enough time for two sports.

Tyson Barrie with the knockout :smug:

Finally got to watch some hockey this week. Caps are looking mighty good this year. I think I will have to wait for NFL season to be over to really start watching, I just don't have enough time for two sports.

That's the beauty of how the calendar/schedule works. Once the Super Bowl is over, it's the perfect time to get inundated with hockey because the playoff push begins.

this is pretty much my reaction to that game:

Ovi the gawd, vintage goal for the 500th

• Upvote 1