oochymp

Presidential Election Thread

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Please just shoot me now

Romney got shredded for making a very accurate 47% comment but Hillary calls a large portion of Trump fans a "basket of deplorables" and gets nothing. Lmao.

Blots sees and hears what he wants.

There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement.

You don't see how its the least bit insulting to poor people when they are told that its a moral failing of them to accept help from the government? He was definitely right about the election being all about capturing the middle 6%, but its not hard to see why that comes across really shitty to poor people.

Edited by blotsfan

You don't see how its the least bit insulting to poor people when they are told that its a moral failing of them to accept help from the government? He was definitely right about the election being all about capturing the middle 6%, but its not hard to see why that comes across really shitty to poor people.

He's talking about every tried and true Democrat in the country, not just the poor ones.

who are dependent upon government

Sure sounds like he's talking about the people on welfare to me.

Sure sounds like he's talking about the people on welfare to me.

Like I said...

Hilldawg gonna bow out, leaving this with a bigger shit show of an election.

Hilldawg gonna bow out, leaving this with a bigger shit show of an election.

Nothing short of death will get Hillary to drop out. She's been going for this for her entire life.

Is it not true? People who are on welfare aren't voting for Republicans who will take away their government assistance.

I'm assuming that you didn't click the link I posted. Red states tend to have more welfare recipients than blue states.

You know the stereotype: Ol Cletus living in his trailer, living off of foodstamps, but voting republican because them demmycrats wanna take mah guns and mah jobs.

• Upvote 1

Please don't stereotype Blots, that's racist.

Please don't stereotype Blots, that's racist.

I didn't see anyone stereotyping me.

• Upvote 1

I didn't see anyone stereotyping me.

Wasn't that the purpose of the Cletus anecdote?

Edited by Favre4Ever

He's being a grammatical nazi.

• Upvote 1

He's being a grammatical nazi.

I prefer grammatical alt-right.

But favre, the point is that just because someone received government welfare doesn't mean they'll necessarily vote democrat. Look at you. You went to Iowa State, where the tuition is about $6500 per year. If all Iowa State got was $6500 a year per student, they'd go broke really quickly. However, the government heavily subsidized your education so you could go to school at a massive discount. Is that not a type of welfare?

I prefer grammatical alt-right.

But favre, the point is that just because someone received government welfare doesn't mean they'll necessarily vote democrat. Look at you. You went to Iowa State, where the tuition is about $6500 per year. If all Iowa State got was $6500 a year per student, they'd go broke really quickly. However, the government heavily subsidized your education so you could go to school at a massive discount. Is that not a type of welfare?

No.

More leaks from the DNC.. this time a donors list was presented and basically the highest donors were winners, 'earning' positions that were mostly limited to ambassadors to other nations.

Gary Johnson did not make the debates. I don't think anyone is too surprised by this, but its a little disappointing. As is normal for third party candidates, I expect his numbers to continue to drop from now until the election. A good portion of the people that support third party candidates tend to be disillusioned with their own party, but tend to accept it once the election actually happens.

Because they happen so fast that its possible to lose perspective:

• Upvote 1

I don't get it.

He calls Hillary Clinton trustworthy and the crowd laughs at him. It's in the title of the video.

Ah. I thought it was about something he said. No youtube video titles on mobile.