Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Mass Shooting at Pulse in Orlando

I was about to bring this up actually, so I am glad that you did. It's a shame this didn't get more recognition to prove that a lot of the LGBT hate isn't just muslims. Remeber you guys have that nice happy clappy psychotic Westboro baptist church out there.

Dude you are making your points against against muslims as a whole when in actual fact the point you are referencing to were made by radicals which is a small percent of muslims who are also pretty much renounced by the majority of the faith. I don't want to say your points are seeming racist but your getting closer to that point right now man.

Moderate Muslims in the United States are just as dangerous as moderate Christians in the United States. However, there are way more "moderate Muslims" in third world countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran that are still heavily supportive of Sharia Law and the killing of supposed infidels. The refugees that many Democrats are pushing to take in are a different type of "moderate" than your buddy who prays twice a day and occasionally visits the local mosque.

If you put Christianity in those same third world countries instead of Islam you'd likely get a similar result. A historically violent religion that survives largely on the backs of the uneducated poor.

Have you ever experienced rage? I'm genuinely curious. My depression usually manifests either in suicidal thoughts or rage, usually the latter. There have been times where I couldn't open my fist for a week without excruciating pain from punching holes in walls. But I always stop short of actually taking that anger out on people. I am so tempted to just go up to a random person on the street or even one of my roommates and just unload that anger on them. Really, nothing in the moment is stopping me. I'm not thinking clearly at all, so I'm going to go ahead and say that it's not logic that's stopping me from doing it.

What's stopping me from doing it is honestly the effort. It's one thing to punch a hole in a wall and then spend five minutes patching it up, but it's another thing to exert actual energy in subduing someone and then unloading on them. It's also not worth the amount of clean-up that it will take. Imagine destroying a friendship or being charged with assault vs. spending a few bucks to fix the wall.

Anything that makes me expend too much energy is enough to dissuade me from doing it in this state. There's like that law or something that I hear all the time, things tend towards the path of least resistance.

Laws may or may not prevent this from happening in the future. It says something about our country that this is one of the few if not the only place where mass shootings happen every few months or so, save for active or recovering war zones. I can say from personal experience that making it harder for someone to complete a task is a game changer. By no means am I saying I'm on the level of a man who is bent on murdering fifty people, but the comparison between myself in my present state and when the rage takes over is quite shocking to say the least (or so other parties have told me).

You know yourself better than anyone, so don't take this the wrong way. But why is there more effort in continually punching a wall compared to hitting your room mate? I don't understand why one takes more "effort", thus doesn't happen. Unless your room mate is literally never around and you have to find him (or her) every time.

And your explanation of it in paragraph 2 doesn't make it sound like "effort" is stopping you. You don't have to subdue anyone to punch them, especially when they are unaware of it coming. What you are describing is exactly what you say it isn't... Logic and rationale. Saying it isn't worth it to hit someone because a relationship is messier to clean up than a physical object means you are thinking in the right ways, in my opinion.

You may have rage issues. You may even take it further than most.

But one thing is for certain, and that is that you underrate yourself and don't give yourself enough credit.

Edited by Favre4Ever

You know yourself better than anyone, so don't take this the wrong way. But why is there more effort in continually punching a wall compared to hitting your room mate? I don't understand why one takes more "effort", thus doesn't happen. Unless your room mate is literally never around and you have to find him (or her) every time.

And your explanation of it in paragraph 2 doesn't make it sound like "effort" is stopping you. You don't have to subdue anyone to punch them, especially when they are unaware of it coming. What you are describing is exactly what you say it isn't... Logic and rationale. Saying it isn't worth it to hit someone because a relationship is messier to clean up than a physical object means you are thinking in the right ways, in my opinion.

You may have rage issues. You may even take it further than most.

But one thing is for certain, and that is that you underrate yourself and don't give yourself enough credit.

It requires more effort, because what if they fight back? If I go and hit someone, I can sure as hell expect retaliation. There is no such retaliation from a wall. Short of knocking my roommate out in the first hit (unlikely), he's going to get up and either resist me or hit me back. There is significantly more effort involved in that path, as compared to punching in a piece of wall that, as I said, takes very little time to fix.

I can assure you that absolutely no logic plays into these episodes. It comes down to what is easier to strike at. Regardless, the point I was trying to make is that adding resistance to certain actions will at the very least curtail them. It may not outright prevent them, because there may be people who are so committed that nothing will stop them (really hard to stop someone from killing another person when they have their minds set on it, unless you know beforehand that they intend on doing it). But I have no doubt, from my own experiences with my own anger issues, that people will choose the path of least resistance. Otherwise I probably would not have many friends remaining.

(Of course, it's somewhat illogical to apply an experience that as far as I know only applies to me. There are unquestionably people who direct their anger to others even if it not as convenient as hitting a bad or a wall. So, I guess, take this as my opinion from personal experience that adding barriers to committing certain crimes should curtail them.)

I was about to bring this up actually, so I am glad that you did. It's a shame this didn't get more recognition to prove that a lot of the LGBT hate isn't just muslims. Remeber you guys have that nice happy clappy psychotic Westboro baptist church out there.

Speaking of Westboro Baptist- they were in Louisville protesting Muhammed Ali's funeral. Saw them in person on my way to work.

• Upvote 1