Thanatos

Alright, TGP: Tight Ends

1. Rob Gronkowski :Pats: : He simply does it all. No one else is even close. He could possibly be the greatest tight end in history when all is said and done.

2. Greg Olsen :panthers: : Somewhat underrated until this last season, Olsen is an all-around threat in the receiving game. His only weakness is at run-blocking, at which he is quite atrocious.

3. Jimmy Graham :Seahawks: : I look for Jimmay to rebound this upcoming year, but another dud like last year might convince the Hawks its better to move on.

4. Travis Kelce :Chiefs: : This dude exploded last year, earning the nickname "Baby Gronk".

5. Gary Barnidge :Browns: : The ex-Panther was apparently overshadowed by Greg Olsen in Carolina. Allowed by Cleveland to show what he was really capable of, Barnidge delivered.

6. Delanie Walker :Titans: : Overlooked because of the team he is on, Delanie is a premier tight end in a league lacking them.

7. Tyler Eifert :Bengals: : Eifert became a weapon in the Bengals passing game, and with the departure of Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu, Cincy is going to look to him even more.

8. Jordan Reed :Redskins: : This dude would be higher if I was convinced he could remain healthy. He is an explosive threat in the passing game when he's running on all cylinders.

9. Zach Miller :Bears: : Miller stepped up last year and with the departure of Martellus Bennett for the Patriots, look for him to be utilized even more in the Bears passing game.

10. Jason Witten :Cowboys: : Tried and true, Witten just keeps doing his thing. Father Time may have taken a step or two off his 40 yard dash, but Witten is one of the best in the game at the TE position even still.

Just missed: Martellus Bennett, Antonio Gates, Lardarius Green

Edited by Thanatos

1. Rob Gronkowski

2. Delanie Walker

3. Greg Olsen

4. Travis Kelce

5. Gary Barnidge

6. Tyler Eifert

7. Jordan Reed

8. Jimmy Graham

9. Jason Witten

10. Antonio Gates

Gronk is Gronk.

Delanie might be the best blocking tight end in football and is a top 3 receiver at the position. His better athleticism is what puts him over a pretty similar player in Olsen.

Kelce's a great receiver and continues to improve as a blocker each year.

I'm iffy on Barnidge because of just one season of play, but looking great on the Browns isn't easy to do.

Eifert's a ridiculous redzone threat and not a terrible blocker either.

Reed could be argued as the 2nd best receiver behind Gronk at the position, but he's putrid at blocking.

Jimmy Graham is pretty much in a similar boat as Reed, but without the great 2015 season.

Witten keeps chugging, but he had a quite obvious drop off last year. Looks like he's nearing the end.

Gates is 10th because I mean why not. Pretty much a toss up between him and a couple others for this spot.

1. Rob Gronkowski :Pats:

2. Greg Olsen :panthers:

3. Tyler Eifert :Bengals:

4. Travis Kelce :Chiefs:

5. Delanie Walker :Titans:

6. Jordan Reed :Redskins:

7. Jason Witten :Cowboys:

8. Gary Barnidge :Browns:

9. Coby Fleener :Saints:

10. Zach Ertz :Eagles:

Vannett #11 though.

Huge drop off after Reed. Fleener has chance to become top 5 statistically with Brees throwing to him. Vannett > Jimmy G deal with it.

Edited by Chernobyl426

2. Delanie Walker :Titans:

3. Greg Olsen :panthers:

5. Tyler Eifert :Bengals:

6. Jordan Reed :Redskins:

7. Martellus Bennett :Pats:

8. Jimmy Graham :Seahawks:

9. Jason Witten :Cowboys:

10. Gary Barnidge :Browns:

Gronk may be the best tight end in the history of the game, he'll be number until he's ready to retire probably.

Isn't Vannett the 3rd string TE on the Hawks? Luke Willson is second-string.

This is Cherry's new Cody Kessler.

It was between Martellus and Vannett.

The TEs suck rn throughout the league. That's only reason why I even considered him.

I'm not a big Hooper fan but he could squeak on as well. Way less competition at TE in Atlanta than most other places.

It was between Martellus and Vannett.

The TEs suck rn throughout the league. That's only reason why I even considered him.

I think you're forgetting a few people. Zach Miller, Martellus Bennett, Antonio Gates, Lardarius Green, Heath Miller. You'd take a 3rd string rookie TE on the Hawks over all those guys?

I just don't see how Vannett even gets much playing time at all.

I think you're forgetting a few people. Zach Miller, Martellus Bennett, Antonio Gates, Lardarius Green, Heath Miller. You'd take a 3rd string rookie TE on the Hawks over all those guys?

I just don't see how Vannett even gets much playing time at all.

Heath retired. Martellus is a guarantee to sit behind Gronk. Antonio Gates is gonna be competing with Hunter Henry for time and is getting up there in years. Green has an argument but I think Brown and Bell will get so much action it will limit his production. He's also been "ready to turn the corner" for 3 years. When will he finally do it?

Zach Miller is a great pick. I'd consider him as a replacement on here for Vannett if he shows any sign of continuing where he left off last year.

I think Jimmy G will struggle once again and be a TE in name only. He's not a complete player and needs to have an excellent year as a receiver to touch the list. Luke Willson could be on there but I think Vannett beats him out for the true #1 spot at TE. He's a good all-around TE. Good blocker. Solid receiver. Makes me think of a less-talented Witten. This is way less of an "I love Nick Vannett" pick and more of a "There is absolutely no talent at TE beyond the top 8 or so guys" pick.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Of course Bennett will be second-string, but I mean. Aaron Hernandez got his behind Gronk as well.

Green may have a break out year now because he's not behind Gates. He did pretty well when he started.

It's your opinion, I just feel like there is a lot more promising people out there than a 3rd-string rookie who will be stuck behind both Willson and Graham on the depth chart.

This hinges on Graham playing like shit still and Willson being the back-up to Vannett. I think the TE situation there is prime to open up for him that's all.

Bennett could get his sure. I don't think he'll get enough looks to be a top 10 TE though. It's tough to be a top 10 guy at your position when there is arguably the GOAT of the position ahead of you on the depth chart. Aaron Hernandez was an anomaly.

Maybe Green will finally break out. Maybe not.

Almost all of these guys are interchangeable at #10. I think the talent pool is low enough and Seattle's TE competition is open enough for Vannett to become the starter and a top 10 TE.

Edited by Chernobyl426

Just realized I missed Zach Ertz. Ertz takes #10. Vannett #11.

Who the mother cunt is Vannett

Ohio State rookie for Seahawks. Third rounder. Complete package.

Teams better be Scared of The Monstrous Duo in New England.. they had Trouble with Gronk and Hernandez as a Duo.. and Bennett is Better than Hernandez and teams won't be able can't cover BOTH GRONK & Bennett and still be able to cover Juilian Eldeman.

Edited by WeaponX20

Ohio State rookie for Seahawks. Third rounder. Complete package.

He's dead to me

The one thing Cherry does have going for his somewhat silly prediction, is that if Vannett does show off in training camp, the Hawks are most certainly the kind of team that would give him a shot, even over Graham. They aren't going to let the fact that they traded a first for Jimmy force them to keep using him- see Flynn v. Wilson.

And despite having Jimmy G miss games and play terrible last year, Luke Willson never really went off. May not be starter going into season but I think Vannett will eventually work his way in.

2. Greg Olsen :panthers:

3. Delanie Walker :Titans:

5. Jordan Reed :Redskins:

6. Tyler Eifert :Bengals:

7. Black Unicorn :Pats:

8. Gary Barnidge :Browns:

9. Jason Witten :Cowboys:

10. Live Clive :Raiders:

Edited by CrimsonRaider

I'm afraid I don't know who Live Clive is.

clive-walford-oakland-tightend.jpg

This isn't top 10 beards.

1. Rob Gronkowski

2. Greg Olsen

3. Travis Kelce

4. Tyler Eifert

5. Delanie Walker

6. Jordan Reed

7. Gary Barnidge

8. Jimmy Graham

9. Zack Ertz

10. Antonio Gates