Cherry

Browns Starting Kessler

Fuck the FB and Duke Johnson lol.

One pick in 73 attempts and it's Josh Norman jumping a route :badass:

Norman was right there the entire way, practically ran the route for Pryor. Kessler didn't look anywhere else.. He's a young Qb so you expect mistakes, but it was his fault.

The guy averaged less then 6 yards in the air per throw. The toss that was picked off was behind, which was the only reason Norman "jumped the route". Of course he's not gonna throw a lot of picks if all he attempts are check downs and dumpoffs 5 yards off the LOS, most defenses are designed to give up the short underneath route.

He looks average as hell with training wheels on. Just another Colt McCoy with a better vision and less happy feet. Still trash.

Cody Kessler is not in the bottom 5 for my efficiency rankings!

He's in the bottom 6. :O

He's not eligible yet fam. Hasn't thrown 100 passes. :cigar:

Also, Cody Kessler is not Colt McCoy, as much as people want him to be. McCoy was a dink and dunk QB who still had trouble going through reads properly and was much more inaccurate. Don't forget Kessler has been much better in the pocket than McCoy ever was. Also, who is Kessler gonna go deep to? Ricardo Louis? :yao:

Cody is a C+ or B- every Sunday. Better than having a guy who can make a big play but makes three boneheaded plays for every big play.

^ my thoughts exactly.

I mean if you have a good starter sure he'd be a career backup. If you're a team like Denver he embodies the same role as Siemien essentially. Starter who is good but not great. Won't kill you with mistakes. Won't win you games and won't lose you games. He is a player to back up a 1st round QB on a weak talent team or a plug-and-play for a team with good talent that is ready to compete already.

Guess we agree to disagree then. Judging off Kessler college and early into his pro career. I don't see anything that jumps off the film and says he should be anything more than a back-up. If a QB can't win me games himself will than I would continue to look for one who can. You can't have long term success with a QB who won't win or lose you games. If you think so you'll be stuck with someone like Sam Bradford for life.

I disagree. The biggest issue with Bradford is that he is fragile and too often makes boneheaded mistakes. Look at Alex Smith as an example of a guy who can succeed if you put the talent around him. He was a Kaepernick hype train and a couple Kyle Williams fumbled returns away from being a starting QB in back to back SBs. If you find a guy who is a safe and reliable turnover free option, you need to use him. Barring a prospect that you love or a project you develop over time, he can run that team for you for the next decade.

Edited by 7-9

I'm pretty confident in saying the 49ers don't make the SB with Smith at QB. Kaepernick made the Packers his bitch and was the spark plug they needed. Packers win that game without Kaepernick ability to run the ball.

He's not eligible yet fam. Hasn't thrown 100 passes. :cigar:

Still qualifies for passer rating, at 14 attempts per week.

Still qualifies for passer rating, at 14 attempts per week.

:shifty: Mind explaining why he's so low? YPA?

High turnover rate (22/32), Low YPA (29/32), and the worst scoring rate of all qualifying QB's. He is 8th in completion percentage though, so good on that.

Fair enough. Is turnover rate including fumbles that weren't recovered by the other team?

Yes it is. Fumbles tend to be 50/50, so they're half as bad as an INT on my system.

Yes it is. Fumbles tend to be 50/50, so they're half as bad as an INT on my system.

You should start a website and charge people for your stats. Be the new PFF

Okay that makes sense. :yep: The two that weren't recovered were essentially fucked up snaps with an unfamiliar center that he dived on instantly. Only one that was a legit fumble fumble was Cam Wake smashing him.

80 of 122. 865 yards. 4 touchdowns. 1 interception.

With Terrelle Pryor as his #1 WR and the worst line in the league.

tumblr_mjyx51ApF21qes1tyo1_500.gif

Edited by 7-9

Don't forgot teams stacking the box on Cro since they found out he can run the rock. Last two weeks he's seen 8 in the box.

From what I seen, it was more of us missing tackles and sacks than Kessler doing anything. I will say he's a qb who can find the open spots in a soft zone coverage.

108 of 160 (67.5%). 1150 yards. 5 touchdowns. 1 interception.

With Terrelle Pryor as his #1 WR and the worst line in the league.

tumblr_mjyx51ApF21qes1tyo1_500.gif

Updated for ya.

no running game today, the defense was fucking atrocious like usual. All in all he did pretty well. Just need to work on the deep passes and he would be able to produce more points.