DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

I have Drummond and Jackson on my fantasy team. I saw their stat lines and when they both have that type of night the Pistons are going to lose. Basketball is a team sport but you also need the guys you pay to be stars show up night in and night out. That's not happening in Detroit. It's like they've missed out on every potentially elite players in the last 10 years or so and have consistently gotten decent players but never a got anyone that good. I really hope they can find their super star in this draft class because they have some complimentary pieces just not there yet.

Bulls are blowing up just how I thought they would.

Rondo isn't getting along with coaching staff and demanding a trade.

Nobody is playing any defense or playing with any heart...including Butler...who is turning into a stat sheet stuffer rather than a leader like Rose.

Only players that show up every night are MCW and Taj.. sad state if affairs.

Fred Hoiberg still being there doesn't even shock me with the joke of a front office we have.

Assuming the Hawks/Cavs deal is real, and it's official, I'm not sure why the Hawks pull the trigger.

Why bolster the roster of the team who just won the championship? Even if you're in rebuld mode, the Cavs don't really have much to offer except a late rd. pick...

Does it really even matter? Does anyone in the east have a real shot at beating the Cavs in the next two years? Only team with a shot is Boston if they can manage to pull together their assets and get some superstar level player. Bucks and Sixers are a couple years off and honestly they might as well get something for Korner before he skips town.

Pretty crazy to think of how fast paced the Rockets play up and down the court. If you looked at just his raw turnover numbers you'd think he's a total mess right now. Especially since he just got a quadruple double with 10 TOs...

But his AST:TO ratio when adjusted for his usage and how often he touches the ball is pretty good.

A lot of offenses have been going off this season. I wonder how long all these teams can keep this up.

Looks like we'll get to see Ben Simmons some time in February.

Sixers could be exciting with Embiid and Simmons...now if they only still had MCW...

Sixers could be exciting with Embiid and Simmons...now if they only still had MCW...

It's going to be fun watching these up and coming teams in general. As a Sixer fan obviously I'm excited but The Bucks and Twolves are gonna be awesome too.

James Harden and RW3 gonna be battling for MVP. I'd give RW3 the nod so far, but man its gonna be a tight race.

I hopped on the Embiid bandwagon in his debut against the Thunder. Going to be interesting to see them when Simmons gets into the swing of things.

ftgQHy2.jpg

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I might be being a Homer here but it's difficult to even fathom how great this guy could be. The only weakness in his game is youth. It seems like he just keeps getting better and better with every game. His defense and the rate at which he gets to the line virtually guarantees him to be the most impactfull player in the game no matter what. He might not be the best player on the floor yet but even on an off night he can carry his team.

• Upvote 1

It shouldn't be a race for MVP. Westbrook is having one of the best seasons I have ever seen.

• Upvote 1

It's crazy he'll probably be 1st team all NBA and MVP but not an all star game starter. Lol

Westbrook was the one that truly cared about OKC and the Thunder, yet KD was the "good guy" and Russ took everyone's shit for years. He deserves an MVP and a fuckin' ring down the line.

I know you love the guy Zack but nobody "deserves" a ring. He's getting paid handsomely to stay in OKC. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him do it. He has the heart on court of Iverson. He's one of the most exciting players in the league and I generally prefer to see a small market team win over the bigger ones but he doesn't deserve it. Basketball has provided him with a pretty nice life.

• Upvote 1

Plenty of players deserve a ring at some point. Some people's spirit for the game is unmatched. Money isn't the only point of playing for everyone.

Westbrook caught saying foul things about KD finally. Vin said I could.

https://streamable.com/sohsw

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

It is actually refreshing to see that mentality come from a player, not just the fans/media. Kind of hope the backlash towards Durant discourages players from doing what he did in the future.

• Upvote 1

But it won't. It's today's NBA and if the NBA doesn't try to stop it. It will continue to happen.

Kanter said it wasn't aimed at Durant.

The new CBA discourages it. Makes it a lot easier for smaller market teams...or any team really to hold onto it's stars. We've yet to see if GS will even win the championship too. The Spurs and the Mavs were both able to beat the Heat and Boston only won 1 ring.

As far as Kevin Love going to Cleveland, both teams really benefitted a lot from that. They were essentially able to get 3 franchise cornerstones for the price of one.

I still dream about a Wiggins & Lebron tandem. That would have been a sight.

Embiid chases Harden down on a fast break, blocks a dunk, gets the rebound and takes it the other way for a bucket. This Sixers lost this game but this dude is just amazing.

Despite an impressive road win over the Raptors tonight, the Magic have been an absolute trainwreck this season and it just sucks. Rob Hennigan's run as GM definately needs to be up, 5 years since the Dwight trade and we're still no better off.

​Even though I supported the trade at the time, the deal for Ibaka has been a mistake. He hasn't stepped up with an opportunity and honestly it looks like he's honestly quit on the team and I've question his effort for most of the season. If he's motivated he can do big things, he scored a career high and hit a game winner against his former Thunder teammates, but the other night he had 4 points and ZERO rebounds in a 30 point blowout loss to the Celtics. To top it all off, he's a FA at the end of the year so if he's this unmotivated in a contract year then I want NOTHING to do with re-signing him. We must trade Serge by the deadline for some picks and young assets. Hell, I think any player on this roster should be available for the right price. Aaron Gordon is the guy I'd like to keep most but if you could pull of a deal for someone like DeMarcus Cousins, then I'd relucantly say good bye. It sucks ass, but it's time to blow up the roster from this failed rebuild. Hopefully we can find someone to get this team headed in the right direction.