Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Sherman Threatens To "Ruin" Reporters Career

The Seahawks cornerback on Tuesday threatened to "ruin" a local reporter's career after "a couple of tough questions," per Stephen Cohen of the Seattle Post Intelligencer.

The scene turned hot when Jim Moore of 710 ESPN asked Sherman about his nationally televised sideline blowup at offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell during last Thursday's win over the Rams.

According to Bob Condotta of The Seattle Times, Moore "told Sherman that he didn't understand that Bevell is trying to call plays he thinks will work but that Sherman thinks he has a 'better handle' of what should be called."

"No," Sherman told Moore, saying: "I just had a -- we had a -- prior experience (the Super Bowl) so we talked about that. But let me guess -- you have a better play to call. Let me guess, you have a better experience."

When Moore responded "no," Sherman told him: "Then you should probably kind of stop."

The All-Pro defender then passed Moore on his way back to the locker room and told the reporter: "You don't want to go there. You do not. I'll ruin your career."

Per Condotta, Moore asked Sherman: "You'll ruin my career? How are you going to do that?"

"I'll make sure you don't get your media pass anymore," Sherman said.

"Is that right?" Moore asked.

"Yes, it is," Sherman said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000760536/article/richard-sherman-threatens-to-ruin-reporters-career

For what it is worth, he did apologize on Twitter, but... Yikes, bad look.

What's up with Sherman lately? This, plus his ill-advised Twitter beef with Davante Adams, and his insistence that players should be allowed to question the coaches' calls because they're the ones out there, playing the game. I hate to put it this way, but did someone strike a nerve?

Richard Sherman is an idiot right now and it's hilarious and disturbing at the same time. For a guy who has shown great character off the field in other instances, these current events are really confusing. At the same time, perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt until this becomes an all-the-time thing. He still deserves to be roasted, though.

That being said, the question was not relevant in any way, shape, or form, and I'm getting really tired of the American media in general. Freedom of the press has literally become freedom to exaggerate, speculate, mislead, misrepresent, misinterpret, and flat out lie. If most press releases were turned in as papers in a Comp 110 class, they'd be guaranteed failing grades due to misuse of information or lack of source material. It's fucking pathetic.

Edited by BwareDWare94