Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

Systemic racism doesn't exist, or in very few and rare amounts. What you are doing is living as a victim and telling other people to live as victims.

That won't help them. Do something different.

Holy shit.

Holy shit.

Prove me wrong.

Prove me wrong.

Certainly.

We have a system in place that, based on someone's skin color, gives them preferential treatment when they are applying to colleges. Instead of basing it on their grades, we literally take the color of their skin and say that they somehow deserve to be allowed to go to, say, the Naval Academy over a person of a different skin color who is eminently more qualified solely because of what race they were born as.

100% systemic racism.

A relic of a bye-gone age, Ill grant you, but affirmative action is still a thing in modern America. Sad.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

A relic of a bye-gone age, Ill grant you, but affirmative action is still a thing in modern America. Sad.

200_s.gif

Conceded.

You ruin everything Thanatos. I will sit here patiently waiting for Blots / Dmac / Anyone else to step forth.lol

• Upvote 1

I don't have proof, nor am I going to look up stats at this moment. I also know this is more complex then just targeting black people as there are several socio-economic factors. I think the BLM people have a very valid point with wanting to reform the ways law enforcement activities are conducted. I believe that there is a racial element to profiling though I actually think that the biggest factors are age and "presentation." If you fit a stereotype of someone that a cop has learned through one way or another that they may make an arrest and get a check on thier stat sheet they are going to push a little harder or be a little more likely to go after you. I think there is some systemic racism in that practice.

Edited by GA_Eagle

They will never have money, their time n the sun has ended. They are a dying organization that will be all but defunct in 5 years and it will get the Kony 2012 treatment. People will forget about it and it will have never amounted to more than a blip on the radar.

People who want to fight for black people in their community are going to need a better platform than the shit show that is BLM. Nobody takes them seriously, nor will they. What they really need to do is put all their might behind the NAACP because that is an organization who can do something.

it's a double edged sword though because sometimes somebody who is extreme like her gets people to show up. When you don't have the infrastructure so to speak to organize people you need that. None of that stuff she is talking about will ever happen. She's not violent and honestly it doesn't fucking matter. BLM is a movement now more than anything else anyway and I don't think what she's saying is part of that movement.

I don't have proof, nor am I going to look up stats at this moment. I also know this is more complex then just targeting black people as there are several socio-economic factors. I think the BLM people have a very valid point with wanting to reform the ways law enforcement activities are conducted. I believe that there is a racial element to profiling though I actually think that the biggest factors are age and "presentation." If you fit a stereotype of someone that a cop has learned through one way or another that they may make an arrest and get a check on thier stat sheet they are going to push a little harder or be a little more likely to go after you. I think there is some systemic racism in that practice.

Are there individuals who work as cops who have prejudices or preconceived notions or.. maybe even are blatantly racist? I am sure they are out there. That doesn't mean there is an overall systemic racial problem though. Over the last few decades, the number of black suspects being shot has decreased by THREE FOURTHS. The number for whites is hardly moving.

And so many people like to use population as a benchmark for police shootings. They say... Ohhh, blacks are 15% of our population and shootings aren't proportionate! Well, a lot of things aren't proportionate... Only 4% of physicians are black... why?

I will tell you why.. Because doctors are racist. Those assholes don't allow blacks to become doctors... SYSTEMIC RACISM. HOLDING THE BLACK MAN DOWN. Lol ya right.

While we are at it.. Scientists, tech experts, engineers.. they are all racist too because blacks only made up 6% of the STEM workforce. And yes these jobs as well as doctors WANT black people. Colleges that offers these studies WANT black people to enroll and get their degrees. They want blacks so badly that they actually engage in racism to get more blacks involved that otherwise wouldn't / couldn't.. See Thanatos' post

Point being.. Stats aren't always proportionate to population, so to suddenly apply that standard to police shootings is twisted to say the least. When you use population proportions as the standard, it doesn't take in individual circumstances.

The Washington Post did an article on police a while back, not necessarily about racism or racist tendencies but they provided statistics that showed that 90% of all fatal police shootings (white, black, hispanic, asian, whatever) occurred while either A) Accused persons had already fired shots or brandished a weapon or were actively attacking someone else OR B) featured other dangerous threats.

90 frickin percent...

And there are definitely socio-economic factors, but a lot of the black community and BLM don't want to talk about those... For example, it's statistically proven that races murder each other within their own race way more often -- across the board. Whites mostly kill whites, black kill blacks, etc etc. But even here there is weird stuff going on.. Some 90% of black murders are committed by other blacks.. Whites are closer to 80%.. Which means that whites are almost twice as likely to be killed by someone of another color than blacks are... But racism and... blacks are being suppressed!

Or the fact that 75% of black children are born out of wedlock (whites 29%) -- which means a lot more absentee fathers. There are a shitload of stories and studies done about family units without fathers and the problems it leads to in regards to children.. WAYYYY more likely to do drugs, wayyyy more likely to drop out of school, wayyyy more likely to be arrested or sent to prison, wayyyyyy more likely to be depressed...

And they took it a step further... Kids are even more at risk to be in violent activities if they live in a neighborhood where there are a lot of single-parent families. (Fatherlessness) (Father Absence Crisis)

You know what's crazy.. If you look up a lot these media outlets that cry racism and that cops are racist, etc.. You know the ones, the ones I was talking about earlier that use population as a benchmark. A lot of them use a figure that blacks are 2.5ish times more likely to be shot by police than whites. Don't believe me?

As The Post noted in a new analysis published last week, that means black Americans are 2.5 times as likely as white Americans to be shot and killed by police officers.

Link

You know what is probably just a coincidence... ?

The number of single-parent black families is 2.5x higher than single-parent white families.

Crazy, isn't it?

• Upvote 1

Systemic racism doesn't exist, or in very few and rare amounts. What you are doing is living as a victim and telling other people to live as victims.

That won't help them. Do something different.

I was gonna get on here and respond to Omerta, because this is all interesting but, yea, I'll see my way out. I'm not going to be "that black guy".

I'll revert back to when I'd read and wouldn't post. You guys at least help remind me that people with views like this exist.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Systemic Racism doesn't exist because everyone is racist. Am I doing it right?

• Upvote 1

I was gonna get on here and respond to Omerta, because this is all interesting but, yea, I'll see my way out. I'm not going to be "that black guy".

I'll revert back to when I'd read and wouldn't post. You guys at least help remind me that people with views like this exist.

Look at what happened....

Since my post I got three responses.. Two of them over over emotional victim card playing people in Dmac and Blots, the other was GA who at least mentioned ahead of time he wasn't providing any statistics, and he actually put a little time into his post.

Why are you so afraid to SUPPORT YOUR CLAIMS? Why are you so afraid to HAVE A DISCUSSION?

Oh right, because that doesn't get you want you want, which is a culture supported by the welfare state where blacks in general never feel good enough about themselves to go out and work their asses off and make something of themselves. You are a danger to the black community, so it's probably best you do leave.

If you want to come back and post statistics, studies, etc that prove your point of systemic racism, I am ready and willing to listen.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Jesus fucking Christ.

But...I'm a glutton for punishment so I'll bite.

Sentencing length by race.

Drug arrest rates vs usage by race.

People with "black" names are less likely to have their resume responded to.

Thats just a few. Keep saying its next to nothing.

Have you actually read those studies? They are all full of holes.

Have you actually read those studies? They are all full of holes.

what study like that doesn't have holes? If you don't think there's racial inequality in this country you're nuts.

Look at what happened....

Since my post I got three responses.. Two of them over over emotional victim card playing people in Dmac and Blots, the other was GA who at least mentioned ahead of time he wasn't providing any statistics, and he actually put a little time into his post.

Why are you so afraid to SUPPORT YOUR CLAIMS? Why are you so afraid to HAVE A DISCUSSION?

Oh right, because that doesn't get you want you want, which is a culture supported by the welfare state where blacks in general never feel good enough about themselves to go out and work their asses off and make something of themselves. You are a danger to the black community, so it's probably best you do leave.

If you want to come back and post statistics, studies, etc that prove your point of systemic racism, I am ready and willing to listen.

This is the reason why I am so unwilling to further any discussion.

Because somehow, someway, some of you have been disillusioned into thinking that all the black people who stand with BLM, who march against inequality want is a check from the government. To play victim. To get a free handout. To blame big bad whitey for all their problems. Just looking for excuses to be angry. Excuses to yell, "racism!".

Like black people who speak up about systematic oppression and racism in this country are no different then the white SJWs who just as some of you put it, "look for reasons to be angry."

That black people don't self police. That black people don't hold each other accountable, and that we spend our time simply waiting for the whites to come help us out. That when black people meet on college campuses for BSU meetings, etc, they just wallow in despair of the many ways they've been done wrong.

That when myself, and others like myself go into poor black communities to recruit black kids to go to college we tell them, "you've been hurt by big bad whitey, so don't worry, if you can't go to college you get no blame, it's the fault of big bad whitey".

Your views are distorted of blacks. In a way in which when a woman who works hard in her community to bring about real change, and probably spends more time in her own neighborhood trying to better her lives and people who look like her makes a post about ways whites can help blacks suffering from generational poverty, it's her asking for a handout, and encouraging blacks to do the same. And that she has no interest and probably spends no time uplifting black people in her community to do better.

This tells me that you know absolutely nothing about the black community and would rather jump to conclusions based on the nonexistent knowledge you have then to actually have conversations. Otherwise you wouldn't be so gung ho on clinging to this narrative that we just talk to complain.

This "conversation" isn't a way to talk about something productive. It's simply a means for you guys to express how you're tired of black people "looking for a handout". That you're tired of black people in this country, who were raped, murdered, enslaved for centuries, then raped, lynched, murdered en mass and viewed as less then humans for decades, then were the primary targets of the criminal justice business, redlining, etc, etc, etc, for decades (and in some cases to this day), whining about not being on an equal playing field as you, who has worked hard for everything you have.

I'll pass on that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

" we can't simply write these problems off as past injustices... these injustices are real... But we can't keep on using that as an excuse"

Starting with the workplace and working outward...

There is a gap in educational achievement and it isn't because all schools are racist. Black children are nearly 4x as likely to be suspended from preschool. Preschool. Study in Seattle showed that black students, on average, were 3.5 grades behind where they were supposed to be compared to white students. Blacks only make up 6% of the enrollment at the best universities in the country -- this is WITH those colleges admitting black students over white students because of the color of their skin. Regarding your study in particular, there are similar studies done today that show results are well within the margin of error (~2% difference in scheduling for interviews).

Blacks are 2.5x more likely to live in poverty.. not because everyone out there is racist or because they hate people who are different than them...

But because Democrats in the 60s decided to unleash a war on poverty.. they turned the black community (and the country) into a welfare state. I mentioned that black families are 73% single parent... That's actually triple the number it used to be. By giving economic benefits for not getting married and for popping out children for no other reason than having a payday, you create a culture of dependency. While whites and other races do the same thing, as I mentioned, after this happened.. The black family imploded.

Blacks are also more likely to abuse drugs, except for heroin it seems. White people love heroin. Young black men aren't shooting each other because white people hate them. I can't read your Washington Post article because I am not a subscriber, but this chart from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration shows that ~9% of whites use illicit drugs while ~11% of blacks do, which means they use drugs 23% more often according to some guy I trust with math more than myself (using the data from the far right column)

Is it crazy to think that a community that sees it's population...
- Use drugs more than other communities

- Murders people of their own community 1.75x more than any other community

- Is 2.5x more likely to be poor
- Is 2.5x more likely to come from a single-parent household (which statistically proves bad things will happen, see previous post)

Are being arrested and charged ?

Blacks might be 13% of the population but commit almost 40% of violent crimes in this country... Are the blacks who are seeing all this injustice and systemic racism being wrongly arrested? Are they being wrongly accused? Did they actually not commit crimes?

Studies have found that racial arrest rates are comparable to the race identified by the victims of said crimes... So blacks are being identified as the perpetrators of crimes more often and are getting arrested at comparable rates. (Per Larry Elder)

A 1994 Justice Department survey of felony cases in the country’s 75 largest urban areas actually found lower felony prosecution rates for blacks than whites and that blacks were less likely to be found guilty at trial.

Racism against blacks exists, but it is no longer a meaningful obstacle to success. People are not angels. Some people are rotten. Humans make mistakes — and always will. But the facts do not show a “racist criminal justice system.”

There may be votes in teaching people to think like victicrats. But the problem of the high rates of black imprisonment will not be solved by falsely screaming racism. -- Larry Elder

This is the reason why I am so unwilling to further any discussion.

Because somehow, someway, some of you have been disillusioned into thinking that all the black people who stand with BLM, who march against inequality want is a check from the government. To play victim. To get a free handout. To blame big bad whitey for all their problems. Just looking for excuses to be angry. Excuses to yell, "racism!".

Like black people who speak up about systematic oppression and racism in this country are no different then the white SJWs who just as some of you put it, "look for reasons to be angry."

That black people don't self police. That black people don't hold each other accountable, and that we spend our time simply waiting for the whites to come help us out. That when black people meet on college campuses for BSU meetings, etc, they just wallow in despair of the many ways they've been done wrong.

That when myself, and others like myself go into poor black communities to recruit black kids to go to college we tell them, "you've been hurt by big bad whitey, so don't worry, if you can't go to college you get no blame, it's the fault of big bad whitey".

Your views are distorted of blacks. In a way in which when a woman who works hard in her community to bring about real change, and probably spends more time in her own neighborhood trying to better her lives and people who look like her makes a post about ways whites can help blacks suffering from generational poverty, it's her asking for a handout, and encouraging blacks to do the same. And that she has no interest and probably spends no time uplifting black people in her community to do better.

This tells me that you know absolutely nothing about the black community and would rather jump to conclusions based on the nonexistent knowledge you have then to actually have conversations. Otherwise you wouldn't be so gung ho on clinging to this narrative that we just talk to complain.

This "conversation" isn't a way to talk about something productive. It's simply a means for you guys to express how you're tired of black people "looking for a handout". That you're tired of black people in this country, who were raped, murdered, enslaved for centuries, then raped, lynched, murdered en mass and viewed as less then humans for decades, then were the primary targets of the criminal justice business, redlining, etc, etc, etc, for decades (and in some cases to this day), whining about not being on an equal playing field as you, who has worked hard for everything you have.

I'll pass on that.

You're still doing it.. You're trying make your point not on facts but on emotion. I am glad that you are out there in black communities trying to recruit kids and making difference. That's fantastic. There isn't enough people like that out there. If there were more good role models in the black community, a lot of issues would lessen dramatically.

Also, it's hard for me to take you seriously when you mock me and say that you don't go around blaming white people or telling others to blame white people when you literally just ranted about systemic racism the page before.

You also get upset because people look at a few BLM activists who are incredibly stupid and paint everyone who supports them with the same brush.. I agree, that is something to be mad about. That is a really stupid thing to do. But you do the same thing... Was it this thread? Or the Confederate one? Idk, I lose track.

You're trying to play both sides and it doesn't really work that way. Unless you are telling me that your rant about systemic racism wasn't about the racial majority in this country... If that is the case, I very sincerely apologize because I misrepresented what you said.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

what study like that doesn't have holes? If you don't think there's racial inequality in this country you're nuts.

I most certainly think there is inequality and its sad, but I dont believe it is as pronounced as we are lead to believe.

That thing JD posted was from 1994 but the Clintons started locking up those super predator young black men up in droves with their three strike and you're out policy. Isn't that funny?

In fact, Michelle Alexander, the author of "The New Jim Crow" said "I can't believe Hillary would be coasting into the primaries with her current margin of black support if most people knew how much damage the Clintons have done."

https://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/

Edited by seanbrock

Why do you give a shit about the clintons still?

...because they are relevant to the conversation. Is this one of those things where you are going to make it sound like racism is only something Trump is responsible for ?

• Upvote 1

The Clintons are very relevant to this conversation because they're still very relevant in the party that is supposed to fight FOR equality and civil rights. Also it was in response to JD in which I was actually trying to help you make your point. Systemic racism is DEFINITELY still an issue and posting crime stats studies pre-1994 (without posting studies post 1994 too) is silly and maybe even slightly disingenuous on JD's part idk.

I mean yeah I get it. Super-predator was super shitty. The Clintons were pretty shitty on a lot of things. I don't think you would've typed "Clintons" in huge red font unless you were still super hung-up on them.

I will always be hung up on the Clintons and I will always hate them. I can't deny that without looking like a huge asshole but it does illustrate how you get to the point where we are today in this country in terms of systemic racial inequality and what our black brothers and sisters are looking at trying to combat. The leadership of BOTH parties is racist. The policy proves that despite all the flowery rhetoric.

Remember though, the Civil Rights Act was passed begrudgingly by Johnson. That was a victory we achieved together and we need to continue to fight for one another. It mighthave never happened without the pressure of activism.

Edited by seanbrock