Sign in to follow this  
blotsfan

Trump Regime thread.

In general, you only spend time with people for two reasons. Either you like them (friends/family), or you stand to gain something from them (boss/coworkers/customers).

Same applies here. Russia is important to Europe, but good relations with them aren't necessary for our economy. They're also a shitty government. We don't like them, we don't get anything out of them. Why should we be allies with them? You act like you're some wise sage for discovering that we have decent relations with some shitty countries, but thats not than's point. The point is that Russia is the kind of country we'd like to not deal with. So is Saudi Arabia btw, we just can't afford to do that.

On another topic read this:

and tell me Hillary losing had nothing to do with sexism.

I am not sure if this was supposed to be saying that I am sexist or what have you, but I can assure you that I am not. The fact that I hate Hillary Clinton proves nothing other than I am sane (joke...sort of). I don't hate her because she is a woman, I hate her because she has flip flopped on every major issue she has run on. It was not even ten years ago she hated gay people and traditional marriage was the way to go, but fast forward to election times when she is pandering for votes "we need to move forward on this country's promise instead of this dark, divisive, and destructive behavior"

She was running on her economic policy and she says," NAFTA needs to be repealed because it has caused the destruction of middle lass jobs." 10 years before she touted it as the greatest piece of legislation for economic growth since the fair deal. She runs against Obama and doubles down on those statements in 08'. Come election time she never said it.

‘I believe marriage is not just a bond but a sacred bond between a man and a woman.” The talk continued:

“…the fundamental bedrock principle that [marriage] exists between a man and a woman, going back into the midst of history as one of the founding, foundational institutions of history and humanity and civilization, and that its primary, principal role during those millennia has been the raising and socializing of children for the society into which they are to become adults.”

She also stood next to Bill and signed the defense of marriage act that basically said gays can be treated any kind of way. Then the supreme court rules that gay marriage is legal and she tweets,"Time to Celebrate" or something very similar.

Then we can talk about Hillary Clinton and her chummy record with the Russians when she was paid by a Moscow based bank, half a million dollars for a speech. That in it of itself is somewhat dubious but when you consider that donations were made from foreign countries especially a Canadian uranium group called Uranium One which is a subsidiary of the umbrella corporation Rosatom, which just so happens to be Russia's nuclear energy agency which had already contributed millions to the Clinton foundation. So that is somewhat dubious...and byt hat I mean it was a river of somewhat questionable funds from objectionable agencies in the Russian government, ones that if trump were caught doing business with we would crucify him.

Then lets talk about the straight up lying that has happened on her behalf, like her getting off of a plane under sniper fire to self aggrandize her message about how far she will go to for her country. All the while there are videos of her getting off of the plane waving, smiling, drinking tea, and shaking hands with little girls. So she straight lied about that to self aggrandize her.

Honestly I could go on for days, but this was all to underscore the point that if you are going to take the route of I am sexist because I did not vote for her, then you are way off base. I dont mind being called on my facts, but this faux feminist rhetoric of calling sexism when you disagree with is far more insidious that me not voting for someone as contemptible if not more so than Donald J Trump. At least he does not pretend to be more than a slimy piece of dog shit, she is the same but chooses to lie and talk about how pious she is and just in her cause...please. She is one of the most vile contemptible people in this country. Now I could tell you that Elizabeth Warren is one of my favorite people, and she is a woman. This whole sexism thing does not float blots.

• Upvote 2

Maybe we have a problem with Russia because homosexuality is punishable by death.

Maybe we have an issue because Putin literally assassinates people who disagree with him. They poisoned an ex-KGB spy who was in Britain with a radioactive isotope that was then tracked back by MI6 to Moscow- two years later.

People who are against him tend to suddenly meet their demise.

The world would be a better place without him and if the Russian people were actually free to choose their leader and Russia wasn't masquerading as a democracy.

We have an issue with a country that still wants to be the USSR and attempts to retake other countries by force.

My issue is not with Russia, it's with the dictator that currently runs the place.

Ok I can buy that. I understand why you would not like Putin, the polonium coffee was pretty brutal.

That said I do have a few questions and I am not trying to be didactic or argumentative. When you consider what they do in their own country to their own country, why does it concern us ? I will grant you that it is not really the way to do business in a democratic country. The question I have is should we really hold them to the "Democracy Standard?" You can look in our own country and find that Obama has hit unarmed American civilians with drones, so we would not pass our own moral litmus.

Another thing that I consider is that when looking at how we have treated Russia since the 50's it is no wonder that we are not on any grounds to have them listen to us. It may not be right but in Russia, the scars of McCarthyism politics and "The Red Scare" are still felt and they feel as though we talk to them as though we are superior. So I understand why they are distrustful at the very least and usually tell us to go piss up a rope when we make suggestions to them on how to run things.

I will also say that at the beginning I used wording that did not convey what I actually meant, which is my fault. I more meant where do we get off telling them how to run things in their country, and then act incredulous when they tell us to take a long walk off a short pier. I also was trying to say that when you consider what Putin has done with other people that we back, he may well not be the worst. Consider what south Korea just went through, our allies in the middle east that have committed far worse but yet, we still happily take that oil at a decent price. I just do not understand the level of hypocrisy that we have in this country in choosing what look down our nose at, and what we find passable.

Edited by Ngata_Chance
  • Upvote 2

Kind of funny how Trump is controlled by Russians but it was Hillary who sold them Uranium. Reason 1-10000000 of how you know all this Russian fear mongering is total fucking bullshit and nothing more than an obvious fear mongering tactic.

Edited by seanbrock

There are lots of valid things you could've criticized Hillary for (and did in your subsequent post). You said she would've "shreaked and shrilled" about Russia. Despite everything you don't like about her, you have to admit that she is a very well-composed person. So why do you use those words? They sure seem to play into stereotypes about women. I don't think (many) people said "oh, I like her policies, but I can't vote for a woman." But her being a woman clearly shapes how people think about her, even subconsciously. That is sexism. It doesn't necessarily make you a bad person if you recognize it and try to improve, but its still there.

There are lots of valid things you could've criticized Hillary for (and did in your subsequent post). You said she would've "shreaked and shrilled" about Russia. Despite everything you don't like about her, you have to admit that she is a very well-composed person. So why do you use those words? They sure seem to play into stereotypes about women. I don't think (many) people said "oh, I like her policies, but I can't vote for a woman." But her being a woman clearly shapes how people think about her, even subconsciously. That is sexism. It doesn't necessarily make you a bad person if you recognize it and try to improve, but its still there.

I have to admit she is calm and composed ? Since when ? She is actually one of the more volatile people in the election. Maybe not as much as Trump but again with Trump you know what you are getting, he makes no attempt to hide his feelings. She is anything but composed.

There was the Greenpeace activist who asked her about money she accepted from fossil fuel people:

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/31/hillary-clinton-angrily-yells-at-voter-i-am-so-sick/

There was the congressman she yelled at for thinking Benghazi was the work of terrorists:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2395959/Hillary-Clinton-exploded-congressman-days-Benghazi-suggesting-attack-work-terrorists-says-GOP-Rep.html

Her relishing the roll:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/07/27/hillary_clinton_i_was_the_designated_yeller_at_israel_as_secretary_of_state.html#!

Those are the only ones I will dig up but there are many others liker the black aide she tongue lashed for inviting people to her white house event. Multiple soldiers like the pilot of Marine one, and a myriad of Secret Service agents.

So no I do not have to admit she is composed and as she freely admits likes to be the yeller, which is a shrill sound so I called it right.

If those clips are what you call shreaking then you shouldn't leave a library.

If those clips are what you call shreaking then you shouldn't leave a library.

My decibel preference is kinda not the point though. All I am saying is that she is not this pinnacle of composure, in fact the more you read the worse it gets. Especially how she down talked that aide, and when the aide stood up to her she went fucking nuts. She is not a composed person, she often relishes the role of yelling when given the opportunity, so when you say I have to admit she is calm and composed I vehemently disagree. Again, to be clear, it has nothing to do with that she is a woman. It really is that she is just a bad person who does not have control of her emotions.

Let's face it man if the last two pages of your and I's dialogue has proved anything it is that there are plenty of reasons to despise Clinton, and instead of people acknowledging that it is easier to throw up the sexism defense. She is a contemptible person, and when you look at the election it is no mystery why Trump won. I hate him too, in fact he and Hillary are the only two people I can think of that I hate about equally. They are both atrocious human beings, and there is plenty of evidence on both to back up the claim, and it has nothing to do with his/her sex. Admit it man, of everything I have said her sex is the least important. I am not sexist.

People don't dislike Hillary because she's a woman.

They just dislike her. Flat out.

• Upvote 1

Again, it can be formed by many factors. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike her, and I don't begrude any of you for that. But stuff like that shrieking comment stood out to me because there is no way its said if she was a man. Bernie yells all the time and no one uses that as a serious criticism of him.

Again, it can be formed by many factors. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to dislike her, and I don't begrude any of you for that. But stuff like that shrieking comment stood out to me because there is no way its said if she was a man. Bernie yells all the time and no one uses that as a serious criticism of him.

Come on. really? I cant count how many times I have heard people call him "Crazy Uncle Bernie on his soapbox" "Birdie Sanders is chirping again" "Bernie and Obama are soulmates because they both believe in droning on" I mean people make fun of him for his demonstrative routine that cause him to burst out in sweat. People always get made fun of for doing it. Look at Trump you dont think he catches hell for the way he talks. You have done it, can I presume its only because he is a man?

Seriously man, do you look for reasons to take up the charge of the downtrodden women folk ? I feel as though with some people (yourself included) people cant carry on a 5 minute conversation without being accused of something. Racist, sexist, yadda yadda yadda. It is impossible to debate because you nitpick things and turn them into things they were never supposed to be, but YOU made them that way, and then try to discredit people because of something YOU made a big deal, not them.

• Upvote 1

blots, I generally think you have sensible things to say, but you're out of it on this one. If you think Bernie was never targeted due to the way he talks/gives speeches, you just plain never paid attention during the Democratic primaries.

• Upvote 1

You are completely misunderstanding me, sean.

I do not want us to bomb Syria. I don't give a flying fuck if Assad bombed his own citizens or not. It's not our place. We are not the world police. Plus, it never makes it better in the long run. Trump doing this is laughably hypocritical, given that he called out Obama for doing the exact same thing without consulting Congress first.

That said, the CIA does have evidence that it was Syrian warplanes that bombed the crap out of the town. No one is disputing this, actually. In fact, we don't even think the rebels have any sort of airforce they could have bombed their own town with, were they trying to frame Assad. The other side of the story- given by Russia with not a smidge of evidence I am aware of- is that the Syrian airforce bombed the town with a standard bombing run, and hit a chemical weapons plant, which then exploded and thus you have the appearance of a chemical attack.

I am right with you that we need an investigation into this, but I also believe Assad did in fact do this. But you can't authorize a military strike like this based on an emotional reaction to the civilian casualties. It makes you feel good, but it makes the situation worse. The only real alternate explanation that fits with the facts is that a general in the Syrian military authorized this attack without Assad's approval, but if that were the case I feel like he'd've been executed publicly by now.

This is not bad vs good. This is a dictator and an authoritarian regime versus a group of rebel militants that are receiving support from ISIS. The US has zero business getting involved in any way other than humanitarian efforts to help out the innocents caught in the crossfire.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

I saw jokes about Bernie's accent, but they were never with any sense of hostility. Look at Kate McKinnon for a good look at someone making fun of the actual negative aspects of her without going into sexism.

Well, this thread is about the man who banned black people from living in his properties and bragged about committing sexual assualt, so the topics seem relevant...

But if you find that there are numerous people calling you racist and sexist every five minutes, I'd say that's something you should think about. That old saying how if you run into one asshole in a day, you ran into an asshole, but if you ran into 50 assholes in a day then you're probably the asshole.

I guess on a broader note, people shouldn't stop thinking of being sexism/racism as a binary state. Even well meaning people (myself included) will say some stuff that's not ok. Its not like you tell one sandwich joke and you're branded with the scarlet "S" forced to be known as a sexist for the rest of your life. Just reflect on why the person is upset by what you said. Think about it. Its clear you haven't done that yet though as you haven't seemed to understand my point.

Ok I can buy that. I understand why you would not like Putin, the polonium coffee was pretty brutal.

That said I do have a few questions and I am not trying to be didactic or argumentative. When you consider what they do in their own country to their own country, why does it concern us ? I will grant you that it is not really the way to do business in a democratic country. The question I have is should we really hold them to the "Democracy Standard?" You can look in our own country and find that Obama has hit unarmed American civilians with drones, so we would not pass our own moral litmus.

Another thing that I consider is that when looking at how we have treated Russia since the 50's it is no wonder that we are not on any grounds to have them listen to us. It may not be right but in Russia, the scars of McCarthyism politics and "The Red Scare" are still felt and they feel as though we talk to them as though we are superior. So I understand why they are distrustful at the very least and usually tell us to go piss up a rope when we make suggestions to them on how to run things.

I will also say that at the beginning I used wording that did not convey what I actually meant, which is my fault. I more meant where do we get off telling them how to run things in their country, and then act incredulous when they tell us to take a long walk off a short pier. I also was trying to say that when you consider what Putin has done with other people that we back, he may well not be the worst. Consider what south Korea just went through, our allies in the middle east that have committed far worse but yet, we still happily take that oil at a decent price. I just do not understand the level of hypocrisy that we have in this country in choosing what look down our nose at, and what we find passable.

I kinda agree with this, as you said it didn't come off that way at first.

I don't want Russia as an ally- personally speaking. While Obama did indeed kill unarmed American civilians, it wasn't just because they happened to be a political opponent its because they were in cahoots with terrorists. Most certainly, that is still wrong, given that they were Americans, they should have stood trial, but that is a far cry from Putin dropping polonium in someone's cup and letting them suffer and die for two years. Or just offing political opposition to him. As I said, multiple people that have spoken against him suddenly are killed.

Secondly, Obama was only here eight years. Term limits dictate he will never be President again. Putin, on the other hand, has already been in power for longer, and there is no reason to believe he will not remain in power going forward. So its a different story, as with the one, you can attack the person and separate the nation from him, with the other, that's a lot more difficult to do.

However, I am firmly against any and all unilateral military action by the US, and that goes double with an emotional kneejerk response, which is what the Syria bombings scream of.

I also do not care for Russia as an enemy, more like a political opponent. We are going to try to sabotage them diplomatically, but rest assured I have no intention of supporting some sort of military action against Russia. Would make absolutely no sense, and we are not the world police.

Edited by Thanatos

I saw jokes about Bernie's accent, but they were never with any sense of hostility.

I'd like to know how you arrived at this conclusion before I respond. I really don't think this is accurate at all.

I saw jokes about Bernie's accent, but they were never with any sense of hostility. Look at Kate McKinnon for a good look at someone making fun of the actual negative aspects of her without going into sexism.

Well, this thread is about the man who banned black people from living in his properties and bragged about committing sexual assualt, so the topics seem relevant...

But if you find that there are numerous people calling you racist and sexist every five minutes, I'd say that's something you should think about. That old saying how if you run into one asshole in a day, you ran into an asshole, but if you ran into 50 assholes in a day then you're probably the asshole.

I guess on a broader note, people shouldn't stop thinking of being sexism/racism as a binary state. Even well meaning people (myself included) will say some stuff that's not ok. Its not like you tell one sandwich joke and you're branded with the scarlet "S" forced to be known as a sexist for the rest of your life. Just reflect on why the person is upset by what you said. Think about it. Its clear you haven't done that yet though as you haven't seemed to understand my point.

The vast majority of people who voted against Hillary didn't vote against her because she was a woman. This is the same argument, phrased differently, people use to dismiss Trump voters.

Yes, some people voted against her because sexism. The vast majority that did were more concerned over her record and her utterly inexplicable lack of security. To dismiss people who voted against her as sexist is just to repeat the same mistakes made in 2016. If liberals do not learn from history and simply try to label everyone who voted against them with some sort of epithet, you will get 8 years of Trump.

• Upvote 2

Oh yeah definitely. And for the record, not just for you but for future reference. I did try to make sense of what OSU said the other day about Russia potentially pulling off these attacks, and while I could see that being one possibility it isn't the scenario I necessarily believe to be true. I was just filling in the gaps and asking the questions that some weren't.

On another note.. I read a NYT article that is basically backing the opinion that it was indeed Assad. They claim he did it to hit a rebel stronghold and scare them... They also go on to say that inner circles reveal that Assad views the United States as the single greatest threat to his regime and he would not do anything that he thinks would provoke the United States.

Those two statements seem to.. conflict a little, in my mind -- but that appears to be the media driven rationale behind the chemical weapons attacks.

"Mr. Assad may be brutal, but he isn't foolish." Yet they want us to believe that he was ignorant enough to believe a chemical weapon attack would not incite some kind of American response? Mhm... right. lol.

Something does not add up here, I agree with that. It makes no sense.

But then who the fuck took Syrian warplanes and bombed the city?

I really don't trust the CIA reports. Call me crazy but they swore there were WMD's in Iraq too. I still can't get past the fact that it makes no sense at all for Assad to authorize the chemical attack. Assad and Putin were kicking the rebel's asses. I'm just very very uneasy with how close we're getting to war with Russia and I've been watching an insane propaganda campaign (and I've studied propaganda very extensively, like read actual books and stuff) to get people into a hysteria for war. I don't trust it. I don't trust it anytime our government and our media is trying to sell us a war, especially when energy plays such a big part. This is either going to end up with another Nation Building project in Syria, which at this point looks like a best case scenario or a conflict with Russia which could obviously have devastating consequences. I'd really like to see what the UN would say with their investigation if it even happens. Really really hope it does.

Saudi Arabia could be behind this imo.

Edited by seanbrock

No man, it is not a bunch of people. It is just you. You are the only one that nitpicks everything I say to construe it into some rail against a demographic. I have definitely changed because when I first read this my first thought was,"Well, I only ran into one asshole today so far." I do not think you are an asshole though, I think you are a nice dude who just so happens to not like being a white straight male. I mean I dont know if you are straight or white but I feel from what I have read I am correct, if not well, shit.

Look sometimes I am uncouth and I have a mouth on me, and do better with my temper daily, so I am aware I am not perfect, but I will be god damned if I am going to feel bad for saying Hildog's voice annoy's the shit out of me when she yells, and that because she does not have a deep voice she is more shrilly than monotone. I do not believe it is sexist to point out facts, facts cannot be sexist. Her voice has a very high pitch to it which are usually associated with synonyms or shrill.

shrill
[sHril]

ADJECTIVE
  1. (of a voice or sound) high-pitched and piercing:
    No where in there is gender mentioned, you mentioned it. You are the one who assigns words a gender you sexist asshole. Ok, I am kidding about the asshole part but you did assign words a gender.

Yep, just me.

http://time.com/4268325/history-calling-women-shrill/

I don't think the CIA lied about WMDs in Iraq, btw. Saw you claim that earlier. A lot of intel agencies from a lot of different countries were wrong on that one, although we did find chemical WMDs.

People can make mistakes.

Also,

I've studied propaganda very extensively, like read actual books and stuff.

has to be the most sean statement on something I've ever read, lmao.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Upvote 1

lol that wasn't a diss or anything. I just get the feeling a lot of people think I'm a moron and/or nothing but some tin foil hat wearing "conspiracy theorist" Just wanted qualify my statements with something other than being one of those "read it online or saw it on youtube" dudes. I've read a lot of political and historical shit, like first hand documents and newspapers and books on the subject. All I was trying to say.

Dude that has to be the most laughable things anybody has posted in this thread. Not trying to be insulting but their survey was taken in 1926. They are using examples from ancient Greece so ya know a few MILLENNIA ago and the opinions of an assistant music professor who has no training, education, or anything in the field so literally his opinion. The facts he brings to the table are at youngest dated to 90 years ago and at oldest dated to a few thousand years before JESUS.

So forget his dated facts and the overall shit article by a guy who is really not qualified to write it, lets enjoy this nugget of journalism gold.

No, you can’t call someone a sexist just because they’re anti-Clinton. You can’t even call them sexist solely based on their idiosyncratic dislike of Clinton’s voice. But you likewise can’t look at the time-honored tradition of societies policing women’s voices and reasonably claim that sexism isn’t prevalent in this year’s election.

Ok so this guy is saying you cant call me sexist but sexism exists? Which is it? It seems like democrats are not going to learn that name-calling has to be the least effective political technique ever. This new era of "crybullying" where you get to call someone a name when they don't agree with you has set the Democratic party up for one of the biggest political failures in history, and has set them back for years.

And yes you are the only one who is implying I am sexist (you have not overtly called me sexist, and if I am misreading this tell me and I will apologize) today. I think that the hurtful things is a guy like him who apparently has a platform to speak from starts assigning gender to words.

That to me is the real crime you assign words to genders, when the people of that gender cannot help it. This guy says shriek is something women do or are associated with. Well when you do that women cannot usually help the fact that they have less testosterone in their bodies. He is the real asshole dudes shriek too, my son does it usually twice a week, and he squeaks. I have seen grown men shriek at everything from camel spiders to camel toes. Shrieking is about pitch, plain and simple. It is the extra connotations that make it a harmful word (in your opinion) and you are the one that added the connotations.

Does Hillary have a high voice ? Yes. Is it higher when she yells? Yes. She makes a shrieking sound when her mouth is opened, it really is that simple. I can not break it down any simpler than the definition.

• Upvote 2